View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 09:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
ubntubnt

Originally Posted by maggpie666999 View Post
Hello all,
I am on my first day of being completely sober. I started drinking years ago and it got really bad a long time ago. During my military service it also seemed to get worse. I quit when i was pregnant with my son, but slowly started drinking liquor at night a few months after he was born. My night time habits have gotten kind of out of control and my spouse is sick of it and so am i. It is very difficult finding other things to do besides drinking at night after my kid goes to sleep. My husband is usually sober and i want to be like him instead of being the drunk. I get tired of my actions when i am drunk and i feel bad about myself and ashamed of my lack of control. But i am on day 1 and i want to take this one day at a time. I am going to stock up on nonalcoholic drinks so i am not tempted. I really want to make this work so i can do the things i have been putting off for so many years. I have been working on being a better person.

Regards,
Maggpie

Hi Magpie, similar to you I recently quit and when I did I spend a week reading through the site as much as I could. I tried to take all my learnings and build them into my personal plan as best I could. Of course this is very personal to me but maybe taking a similar approach may be useful to you. Having a clear detailed plan was something that members of the forum recommended to me and it seems to make sense to me.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5036014

I wish you the very best of good luck. This forum is an amazing resource and I wish I had found it earlier.