View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 12:04 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
NWGRITS
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
This hits me straight in the heart, Thumper, because it's true for me, too. Forgiving myself for the choices I made is my main struggle now. That, and paying for the psychiatrists, therapists, inpatient mental health treatments, and medication that my children require as a direct result of growing up in an alcoholic family.
I'm reminded every time I go to therapy that I single-handedly cover half of my shrink's payment on his Lexus each month. Being an adult child of an alcoholic is expensive if you choose the recovery route. Dreamer, it can't be repeated enough: do NOT have children with this man. Children are innocent and don't ask to be brought into abusive families- and that's exactly what you're doing when you bring them into a home with an active alcoholic. Just hop on over to the Children of Addicted/Alcoholic Parents board sometime. We'll be glad to tell you allllll about growing up in alcoholic families. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. So, do not let this guy get you pregnant. Please.