View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Aellyce

So, Serper, how did it go? How do you feel now? How, do you think, she feels about your confession?

I've also read some of your previous threads. The preference for a physical type (in your case "Indian girls") is one thing many people have. It may push you into repetitions, wanting to get it right eventually - look at this thread:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4704597

I've certainly had a few versions of this "compulsion" in my life regarding relationships and other things. What I'm currently struggling with a little (not always just a little): that a few years ago when I entered my current relationship, I pretty much broke that "repetition compulsion" thing. It felt ideal for me for a while... until I had some sober time, to be honest. I'm dealing with this, once again, after >4 months of sobriety, because it was never truly resolved.

Like others said, I also hope it goes well. Please be aware that people, even if they have moved on from past experiences, are normally not insensitive to past-present connections. I hope you will respect your ex-gf enough, and that you will be able to be honest with yourself enough.