Thread: The AA Test
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

I just wanted to add that I hope you will join us at the 24 hours club where we commit not to drink or drug for the next 24 hours. Those days do add up http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4577439
and another thing which I also wanted to add is that even for those who drink completely alone like I did, our drinking has consequences. I don't think I ever shared it on SR but I missed the funerals of a dear friend and coworkers in January 2013 right before I got sober. He had just passed away from an heart attack and I had taken a few vacation days (scheduled before his death). Anyway, I was off work so I was isolating at home and drinking and I missed the notification for his funerals and I missed his funerals and that was something very painful to deal with that I did not get to say goodbye because I was a drunk.
Please give sobriety a chance, if you make use of SR and check in everyday, it is a very supportive community with tons of infos. Also if you have not done so yet, check out AA in your area. Go to a few meetings to see which one you like (meetings differ), talk to some of the ladies and get their phone numbers, start working the steps etc. Give recovery your best shot, it is worth it: you are worth it.