View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bobbysocks

Originally Posted by blueskies1 View Post
i don't think it's about having "picked" them. Maybe you knew but were ignorant, didn't have a crystal ball, didn't understand it, didn't see the worst of it, etc., and onward.

It's about at some point your life becomes painful, and we have to find a way to stop being in so much pain. That's where the decision making and skill learning starts.

Having picked them as a partner is not evidence of our having some fatal flaw, anymore than having a child who later chose to become an addict, or a parent...or a friend.

I've said it. I remember saying it once to someone on this board. I was simply trying to remind the person that they chose to be in the relationship and that they could unchose that too. Remind the person that they played a part. It's so difficult to remember we are making choices and living a life when we are completely focused and obsessed about someone else! We forget we are half of the equation, with half the power, half the choices, and half the outcome.
you are so right! I dont blame anyone but myself for getting into this situation. I have to get myself out of it. Thats why i said i am ready to do what it takes to live in peace.