Old 09-25-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by JenT1968 View Post
Is something people here would only say if they were grateful it had happened, but perhaps that's an internet tone/cultural thing? I'm sorry I read that wrong.
I felt that 'at least he was there' meaning that maybe he would get something out of the service for himself. As a Christian, we aren't there to question someone else's faith or relationship with God. So, I guess I need to clarify that I wasn't glad for myself, I was just hoping that maybe it was a chance for God to speak to him even if his heart was hardened. It's something a good Christian confidante friend of mine would say: hey, at least he's in the room, let God do the work on him. I don't think I was settling for scraps, though, when it comes to the church stuff. Do I settle for scraps in other ways? ABSOLUTELY! Low self-esteem from having my dad telling me I should have been aborted and that my existence made his life miserable. It's obviously something I need to work on in my life if I ever want to find peace and contentment within myself.