Blogs

Notices

He apologized, so why do I feel so angry?

Old 09-24-2012, 11:10 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MadeOfGlass View Post
I think sometimes people on this board want to see everyone leave their alcohol abusing spouse or partner, and do it NOW.
I think that decision is only for Liz to make, when she feels ready, if she ever feels ready, if she ever even gets to the point where she feels it is the right decision.
Yes, thank you. I started a new thread about my AH searching for recovery. He had an epiphany today and is upset with himself for letting his life get so out of control.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:12 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Did I say I was grateful for that? I don't think so.
but at least he was there.
Is something people here would only say if they were grateful it had happened, but perhaps that's an internet tone/cultural thing? I'm sorry I read that wrong.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JenT1968 View Post
Is something people here would only say if they were grateful it had happened, but perhaps that's an internet tone/cultural thing? I'm sorry I read that wrong.
I felt that 'at least he was there' meaning that maybe he would get something out of the service for himself. As a Christian, we aren't there to question someone else's faith or relationship with God. So, I guess I need to clarify that I wasn't glad for myself, I was just hoping that maybe it was a chance for God to speak to him even if his heart was hardened. It's something a good Christian confidante friend of mine would say: hey, at least he's in the room, let God do the work on him. I don't think I was settling for scraps, though, when it comes to the church stuff. Do I settle for scraps in other ways? ABSOLUTELY! Low self-esteem from having my dad telling me I should have been aborted and that my existence made his life miserable. It's obviously something I need to work on in my life if I ever want to find peace and contentment within myself.