View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
FindingErica

Originally Posted by HeWhoSleeps View Post
I feel like an idiot for feeling like I'm in love with him....but it's been so long. Since 2004...and it's just not going to mean a
Relationships with active addicts are like bad cars. Imagine it as a shiny car and you drive it off the lot. After awhile you realize you bought a lemon. You are now frequently paying for repairs. On top of that the car breaks down often leaving you stranded and humiliated. Unreliable transportation also affects your ability to be consistent in maintaining obligations. Yet, you wont give up on the car because it is paid for and all the money already invested in repairs;you keep thinking, this next repair will be the last, then the car will run right, but it never does. Eventually you realize your choices are, 1) take the loss and walk away, that money spent will never come back one way or another; and future money could be better spent on a reliable vehicle. OR 2) hold onto the car and continue worrying about where you will be next time it breaks down and how much more in repairs you will have to spend.

You ARE something special. You CAN find your power and your strength again. Really the war is all in your head, one day you will realize, just as I did, that you had the power all along. You have the power right now, you are the strong one in the relationship. You are not relying on drugs to get through your day and you are surviving this he77. You have a flair for expressing yourself in writing which indicates intelligence. You can do this, now get up and show the world what you are really made of.

PS: who cares what he says to the next victim he dupes into a relationship. My husband butt dialed me from a Hooters and I heard him talking all kinds of smack about me. LOL! It makes me laugh to think how pathetic. :rotfxko after 18 years, someone else can have him. I'm FREE!!!