Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
^^^^^^^^ Such a "healthy" post. Wow.....impressive.

To a practicing alkie, alanon's "tools" seem very mean, cold and heartless. They're not, of course.....but when you're accustomed to manipulating everyone and everything and they quit toeing the line....it seems like they're doing it out of spite.

I know I was prepared to drink for as long as I thought I could live with the consequences of it. So, in a way, getting kicked around by the courts, by work, by my actions......they were really acts of mercy - things I had to go through to finally get humble enough to see my problem and reach out for help.
And, I can only hope that it gets him humble enough, as well. I found his stupid flask today, hidden where I was looking for a pad of paper. It wasn't there the other day so that tells me he's aware of where it is and is moving the target around. I don't know if he drank any, I really don't care, but I am sad that he doesn't have the sense to just get rid of his hidden stash at this point. It's like he's so attached to it all that he keeps it around for comfort even if he's not drinking it. And, that is truly sad. Too bad that I'm enjoying my life and making plans with friends I haven't spent time with in years. I've got 3 good friends outside of Al Anon who I confide in and they have been the best! Honestly, I'm actually at peace. I think I'm just sad for him because he doesn't know that life could be so much better!