View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Lost3000
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Yep, probably subbing food for booze, no doubt.

I'm on day 44. Maybe there is some type of body adjustment going on.

The weekend was pretty good!

So yeah, I'll try to be better with the food intake. And I was just telling soberjim, that maybe if I change my line of thinking. Instead of HH it'll be the gym? And maybe a reward system of shopping after a few pounds?!? haha.

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Maybe you are subbing the alcohol calories with snacking? I had that going on last week. Filling the void with chips and ice cream here and there. I generally eat pretty healthily. I was up a few this weekend.

Alcohol is a diuretic. I think, when I quit the first time, it took a few weeks, and then I lost alot of water weight. Just noticed one week I suddenly was making alot of bathroom trips(pee). Sorry if TMI. So I think you can retain a bit until your body adapts to not having the alcohol.

I find reducing carbs and restricting them to whole grains, sweet potatoes, fruits, etc... helpful. I had lost 60 pounds as part of my 2010 change in lifestyle. I cannot help but think, for me, carb addiction goes hand in hand with the alcohol addiction. They are similar battles for me.

Sounds like you have had a good weekend, Lost! Keep up the good work. I was going to go out again tonight(some of the same women from Thursday, a task/party for school), but I am feeling sick with a cold. Going to stay home.