View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Peter G

Benzo withdrawal is absolutely the worst detox and withdrawal you can go through. Many say it is in fact the worst and longest lasting of any commonly abused drug. As for my opinion, it comes from a 20 year knock down, drink all day every day, almost dead at one point alcoholic. For me to say that is no small thing, because I've suffered plenty from serious alcohol withdrawal.

Someone else said it in another thread and I completely agree; every other withdrawal I've faced has been rainbows, kitties, and skittles (paraphrased) compared to my benzo withdrawal.

My advice? Get to a doctor that specializes in addiction, and wean off these things, and do it very slowly. If I hadn't been oblivious to this drug and done just that, it would have saved me a series of life threatening, scary a$$ seizures, the resulting 70+ stitches in my head, nor the 10 day hospital stay where the staff thought I might be certifiably insane.

But seriously, of anything in this world that you should stop binging on right now, the benzo class stuff is it. Even after I came off these things I spent around 5 months, yes, 5 MONTHS thinking I was insane, the ground was soup, e.t.c... It was 5 months of hell on earth, literally.

Don't go cold turkey if you've been hitting these things alot for an extended period, it is truly dangerous.

Here's some links to a few threads on Benzo issues...

Booze and Tranquilizers

Sober Day 5 and Life Sucks Right Now