View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
keithj

Nolaspiral,

Please forgive my brevity. You expressed that you were not into AA at this time. I was sincere in wishing you well and letting you know that AA is there if you want to try that.

Originally Posted by nolaspiral View Post
Do pardon my saying so, but I get the impression that you're implying failure without that certain brand of wisdom,...
Quite the opposite. I think that you should do whatever is in your heart to do. I'm a chronic alcoholic who recovered via the 12 steps. If that is not for you at this time, then I can be of little use to you. Lots of people can tell you what worked for them that doesn't involve AA. I'm just not one of them. I do both you and AA a disservice by trying to convince you of anything you aren't interested in.

Originally Posted by nolaspiral View Post
I'm sure that x number of "I gotta quit" types run through here every month and are never heard from again. I do not want to be one of those people. Registered in 2007 when things were just as bad as they are now, but I always found a way to "puss" out of the hill we all have to climb.
Yep. Every day someone drops in and out like that. Here is the one thing I can offer you as you hopefully find a road of recovery. One bit of truth that will help you regardless of recovery philospohy.

Two years ago things were just as bad as they are now. What has changed?

Was thinking the thread title was a Zevon reference, but I stand corrected.