Old 02-22-2009, 08:58 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Rob B

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Enough times to know how to teach the class.
Sometimes self knowledge or mastery over a particular subject matter is actually a block. Here's a personal example. I am a licensed clinical therapist. I have nifty little letters behind my name. I do a lot of work with family dynamics, particluarly effective listening and communication training.

A gift for me in sobriety is my amazingly tolerant wife, who did not know me when I was an active drunk. Sometimes, after I have spent the entire day working with families or individuals on learning how to communicate their emotional needs, I can be distant, sarcastic, or irritable. fortunately, I recognize this quickly, take action to make it right and move on.

Do you see where I am going with this? one last idea to consider: who would you rather learn mountaineering from if that was a hobby you were interested in. A guy who has a PH.D in Mountain climbing that he earned in college by reading and writing all about it, or a guy that has actually summited Mt. Everest. I know who I would pick.

Not trying to harass or give you a hard time, just putting out some different perspectives to consider.