Old 09-23-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
gravity
where the light is

Originally Posted by sugErspun View Post
I would like to attempt to clarify something.

I never said or tried to say that anyone was worthless, nor do I feel that way about ANYONE. How helpful was Bob to Bill the day the met? If part of recovery is helping others - there need to be others to help.

I was referring to something that happens on the inside and how it relates (in my eyes) to the bedevilments on page 52. I have times in my life where I felt worthless to others - it's a terrible feeling, perhaps worse than the feeling of active alcoholism (drinking)...maybe they are the same.

I do not think anyone is worthless, not did I intend to make it seem to be the case. It gets me down to think that this is how I am viewed by others.

~Adam
I actually took your original post to mean that a spiritually sick alcoholic cannot be of use to another alcoholic (within the context of page 52 and AA in general). Semantics I suppose.

Regardless, please know that I do make it a point to read your posts. You have helped this alcoholic - thank you. I view you as a man who has worked very hard to get to where you are, is passionate about AA & recovery, and is a straight-shooter. I certainly do not view you as a person who thinks that anyone is worthless.

Don