View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 06:50 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
earlybird

Originally Posted by wantittostop View Post
This is what most strikes a nerve with me.

In my case, I drink for reasons and to my dismay, those problems are still going to be there if I get sober....it terrifies me.Like I said before here, I wasnt even a drinker before...I experienced a loss THEN started boozing.

Like I have seen folks mention on here before, it really does seem like it's progressive.I feel like im in a spiral and am just watching from the outside.Helpless.

I finally went to an AA meeting in my area (1 admittedly) and I could tell it wasnt going to do anything for ME....but Im a cynical *******.This comming Thrusday I have an appointment with I guess what I would describe, or what was described to me as an "alternative group".....a whole mesh of different people going through different problems.Seems like it would be more up my alley.I hope so.
EVERY SINGLE alcoholic said the same thing after only ONE AA Meeting. EVERY SINGLE one. What didnt you like about it? Admitting you are an alcoholic? The commradary? The support? How could you have possibly been able to determine it wasnt for you by ONE lousy meeting?