Here are some addiction recovery tools that can come in very handy. There are some skills and tools that can help you progress in addiction recovery, from a state of abstinence into a life growing in recovery. Here are some addiction recovery tools and tips that have been proven over time. Here are the steps:
1. We realized and admitted there was a problem with drug and alcohol addiction.
2. We reached out for support and from proven sources outside of our own selves.
3. Utilizing that help, we took all the steps necessary in becoming abstinent. We stopped using all mood altering drugs.
4. With the help of others, we found proven, practical plans, to lead us along the path of growth and recovery.
5. We then integrated the plans into our daily lives, made it the number one priority and kept it rolling through consistent attention and effort.
6. We then continued to find and use resources would increase the depth of addiction recovery by encouraging physical, mental, and spiritual growth and change.
Tools Needed To Stay Sober
1. We learn to identify, own and process our feelings and emotions.
2. We make effort to avoid people, places and things that can undermine our recovery and lead to temptation.
3. We learn to act with more thought than reaction.
4. We learn to solve our problems rather than ignore them or blame others.
5. We make plans of action for crisis moments and events.
6. Most importantly, we permanently remove drugs and alcohol from our list of ways to deal with life.
There really is nothing that cannot be made worse by a return to mood altering substances. We hope you enjoyed reading about these simple but very effective addiction recovery tools