SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   What is Recovery? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/)
-   -   Early Sober Risers Check-in Thread (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/378656-early-sober-risers-check-thread.html)

least 01-09-2016 03:15 AM

Greta woke me up at 5 today. I just made coffee and stayed up. :)

lmvalentine 01-09-2016 05:31 AM

Not so early today. I slept in till 5:19.
I'm happy yoga class is on for today. I truly love my teacher.
We were placed together for a reason.

A sober and blessed day to all.

Sunflowerlife 01-10-2016 02:56 AM

It's a beautiful day to be sober...I made it through day 4 and am grateful for that!
Woke up at 5:18 and decided to get up. The house is so quiet, it's lovely. Happy Sunday everyone!
~P

Mountainmanbob 01-10-2016 03:40 AM

Looking forward to a nice sober day

3:37 AM and I have been up for a while.
Probably catch up with me in church this morning.
That's ok at least I'm not entertaining the thought of drinking.
A nice sober day wished for all.
from,
Bob

least 01-10-2016 04:21 AM

I am grateful that my little dog let me sleep in til 7 this morning. :)

lmvalentine 01-10-2016 05:22 AM

Slept in till 5:26.
Am making bacon, eggs and potatoes and may go downtown to pick up the New York Times newspaper.
No plans today.
Have a good sober Sunday everyone.

BigP 01-10-2016 11:19 PM

7:16. I had a good sleep last night. I'm now enjoying a coffee then going a nice walk. Have a great sober day everyone .

CousinA 01-11-2016 03:01 AM

Woke up first time around around 3:30 as I do and saw the news about David Bowie. Did my usual half sleep until around 5 and hoped it was only a dream. Sad morning here.

-allan

Sunflowerlife 01-11-2016 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by GnikNus (Post 5629848)
After getting my first cup of coffee, reading SR is the first thing I do. I'm the first up in my family, so I take advantage of the quiet and read through the posts on a daily basis. Then, it's the last thing I read before going to sleep. Sometimes I'll read through posts right after coming home from work.
It's part of the fabric of my life. I owe nearly 1 year sober to SR.

This is my ritual as well and I'm only on day 6! I get up before everyone and enjoy coffee, the peace and SR and check it on my phone while I nurse my little guy to sleep.

Glad this has helped you for a 1 now, that is some inspiration right there!

Sunflowerlife 01-11-2016 03:50 AM

Good morning friends- It's 6:49 here in the Sunshine State. Was hoping to get up earlier for a workout but I'll probably be able to fit one in before the afternoon.

Slept well although my dreams have been a bit strange- lots of fighting in them. Today is day 6, my DH's bday and I am curious to see how the day pans out. It's chilly here, and I am loving the "winter like" weather.
Happy, Sober Monday!!

LDT 01-11-2016 03:57 AM

Good Morning All!

How is it I have missed this early morning thread ? It's right up my alley. I'm up usually by 5:00-5:30 am...., sometimes earlier..... Even on vacation,. I love the peace and serenity this time of the morning offers. I remember the days, several years ago , when I would be heading out to the store for little bottles of wine at this time. Grateful that's a thing of the past.

Have a great day everyone,

lmvalentine 01-11-2016 04:08 AM

Good morning
Awake at 4:30. Coffee, cigs and recovery meditations.
Moving slowly this morning. Hoping work goes fast.

Have a good Monday everyone

least 01-11-2016 11:55 PM

My little dog woke me up to let her out. Now I'm wide awake. The streets are snow covered and the wind is howling.

I'm afraid we finally got our winter...:dee

Mountainmanbob 01-12-2016 02:47 AM

2:44 AM
Going to load up our travel trailer today and get ready to head out to the desert.
Been going out to Borrego Springs for around 50 years now.
Yes, time does fly.
MB

CousinA 01-12-2016 03:02 AM

6 am now, been awake since 5:33. Going to make the coffee, do my morning reading and emails. Working at home today. Have to write a proposal and do my billing.

Sunflowerlife 01-12-2016 03:11 AM

6:10 over here but my eyes popped open around 4:50. Got out of bed, and came here. I love this morning ritual with a cup of warm joe.
Happy, beautiful sober Tuesday my friends...
~P

Change4good 01-12-2016 03:53 AM

4 am this morning for me, but I love the quiet, dark world when everyone is asleep. Haven't spent time with you guys in awhile, and it was a joy to return and see you all!

lmvalentine 01-12-2016 03:58 AM

Up at 4:20.
The woman who gave me my 24 hour chip and her partner are
coming from CO to the noon meeting to celebrate my 1st birthday today.
I was told yesterday at work a woman from Denver is coming up to go over and show me things at work. Am not happy that I may miss my meeting and celebration. A bit resentful! I know work comes 1st but it's getting old having no notice on things. Praying I can be done and make the meeting.
Happy Tuesday to all.

lmvalentine 01-13-2016 03:58 AM

Good morning
Slept till 4:30 when the alarm went off. Yesterday turned out to be a great day. Today will be also.
Work, errands and then relaxing.

Take care everyone.

paddyjnr1 01-13-2016 04:15 AM

Woke up to a nice cup of Coffee brought to my bedroom by my housemate at 8am Irish time.
Had appointment with GP at 9am , he was quite impressed by my progression.
So all is good a day at a time.
Have a friend calling tonight to watch a movie so I must get some goodies in.
I feel I'm really starting to come around to myself, a little over 2 weeks sober.