SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!') (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/383049-welcome-tods-clean-time-tod-one-year-clean.html)

Tiredofdrugs 09-21-2017 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 (Post 6612183)
Okay-Jethro's hands look like meat-hooks. He could crush those chicks so easy. But, that one with its head popped out doesn't look one bit scared! 88 degrees? That sounds real nice right about now. It's in the '40's where I am. I might as well be living in Alaska at this going rate. Let's do that lil weather swap. C'mon now, send me a little sunshine.

LOL Yeah Jethro's got some meaty hands! He's turned many a wrench or screwdriver thru his lifetime! He is super gentle with all our feathered kids no matter their size! ;) He loves them all! :)

Years ago when he was involved in a wreck? He injured his shoulder. A few months later the rehab center had him punch a bag to test his strength. When he used his good arm to hit the bag? The guy looked at him and said: "You could kill a person with that pressure you have!" Yikes! I've seen him pick things up that a normal person would never be able to pick up too! The babies love his hands. He's like a heater! They snuggle under his hands and are fast asleep in no time. LOL

Today was actually not too bad until around 2:00 PM! Jethro moved the mister attached to the water hose over to the two Momma pens to keep them cooler under their box fans. Mommas just have to scratch for their babies. So I keep them outside as much as possible instead of in their carriers! They destroy them with their toenails. Ugh!

teatreeoil007 09-23-2017 11:31 AM

Well, on my end of things the weather swap came through as the very next day we got sunshine and today it's sunny again..oh my, I don't know how to act with all this sunshine. I hope you got some cooler temps down your way.

sugarangel 09-25-2017 02:02 PM

That pic of Jethro holding the babies is awesome!! They look so tiny. Good Lord, he has some big hands!!
The chicks really seem to dig it, though!!

Well, that statement could go a whole other way!! lol

Tiredofdrugs 09-26-2017 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 (Post 6613999)
Well, on my end of things the weather swap came through as the very next day we got sunshine and today it's sunny again..oh my, I don't know how to act with all this sunshine. I hope you got some cooler temps down your way.

The humidity has left us! Yay! That alone makes things feel better! The feathered kids are enjoying their outside time now more than ever. They aren't walking around with their beaks open, panting, or their wings spread out far to catch some coolness.

The yard is full of leaves. Jethro has been going around with the leaf blower keeping areas cleared of them. Gotta keep the ground cleared so we can see snakes if they venture into the yard.

This coming Saturday it's supposed to be 77 degrees during the day! Woot! Woot!

Tiredofdrugs 09-26-2017 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by sugarangel (Post 6616328)
That pic of Jethro holding the babies is awesome!! They look so tiny. Good Lord, he has some big hands!!
The chicks really seem to dig it, though!!

Well, that statement could go a whole other way!! lol

LOL Yeah his hands look big, but they aren't much bigger than my own. His are just fatter! LOL And he has one hell of a grip in those hands. But they are super gentle when it comes to the feathered kids. The babies love to snuggle in his large, hot hands! ;) My hands are usually cold, thanks to getting both of them frost bitten back in 1991.

Tiredofdrugs 09-26-2017 01:19 AM

Hello friends!

I've had a couple of rough days! Jethro has been taking his pain meds and was a complete asss! He gets it in his head I'm ordering him around when he's taking the pain meds. Which I don't!

He washed the vehicles yesterday. The time rolled around to start getting things done to bring the feathered kids inside. I told him it was chicken time, like I do every day. He was standing at the end of his truck spraying water in the bed of the truck to rinse it out in a daze. I told him to stop wasting water. (He had a good amount of water on the ground). We pay for our water. I was standing in the kitchen at the sink when here he comes! He roared into the living room, slamming the door behind him. I told him to STOP slamming the door. It needs repairing from him slamming all the doors too many times already. He gets within an inch of me. His eyes are bulging and he yells to stop ordering him around. At this point I've had enough of the multiple days of dealing with his bad ass self and say: "Go to hell! I'm done!" He then starts butting me backwards with his large chest. I reach around him, turn the burners off on the stove and tell him to back away NOW! He stops and I exit the room!

I barely spoke to him last night or today! Today he acted like his charming self. Later on I told him he crossed the line last night. He started telling me how I needed to speak lovingly to him and to be nicer! I cut him off! I told him I'm not the one that's changed. And that's BS! He's the one that's changed for the worst due to the pain meds he's been taking since 2009! I told him I still talk to him the way I always have since 2006. His medication is the reason he hears things differently!

He's miserable! Complains about everything going on here and around the world. With what he has here at home? He should be a very happy man? But the pain meds have made him miserable. He also aches all the damned time. He can't find any relief due to taking the pain meds.

I sternly told him yesterday: "I'm done! I've had my gut full of putting up with his pill taking! He's a complete asss on them!" He didn't say a word! He knew he screwed up by crossing the line. That's the first time he's EVER gotten physical with me during one of his anger episodes.

If I leave? He's screwed! I'm the one that brings in an income. I'm the reason he's got medical coverage! I'm the reason he gets all his medication for nothing! And so much more! I don't like using that as a reason to bring him around, but I have to at times. He gets a big head he has nothing to worry about at times and it's especially bad when he's on the pain meds.

I told him yesterday I'm very grateful to the FDA coming down on pharmacies distributing pain meds to their patients. I've been praying for a solution for him to get off the pain meds and the FDA just might be the reason he does!

Thankfully our luncheon is off with his parents tomorrow. His SD was admitted to the hospital this afternoon. He has a blockage in his small bowel. :(

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD

Twofish 09-26-2017 09:28 PM

Dear TOD,
Finally catching up on this amazing and very helpful thread! I've missed you
girlfriend! :e130: We have had some good talks.
Anyway, I'm so sorry honey. Jethro treating you the way he did, in the kitchen, is
way out of line. I get it that the pain pills had its share of the blame, but we
can't always point the finger in that direction. He seriously needs some
F2F talk to help him sort out his anger issues. I felt my own blood start to
boil :angryfire as I read about those "couple of rough days" & I suspect it may have been worse than how you described the incident/assault. Words hurt and abuse is abuse. I can't even imagine how frightened you must of felt :a090:
You have become important to so many of us, I hope you know and feel that.
Think about speaking to his PCP about the anger and abuse/assault? Possibly
medication adjustment time? You get my point.
Anyway, thanks for confiding in our SR family. We are here for you and so are the
police, remember their #? 911 :c033:
Please take care, gentle hugs and many prayers for your family.
TF

Tiredofdrugs 09-27-2017 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Twofish (Post 6617842)
Dear TOD,
Finally catching up on this amazing and very helpful thread! I've missed you
girlfriend! :e130: We have had some good talks.
Anyway, I'm so sorry honey. Jethro treating you the way he did, in the kitchen, is
way out of line. I get it that the pain pills had its share of the blame, but we
can't always point the finger in that direction. He seriously needs some
F2F talk to help him sort out his anger issues. I felt my own blood start to
boil :angryfire as I read about those "couple of rough days" & I suspect it may have been worse than how you described the incident/assault. Words hurt and abuse is abuse. I can't even imagine how frightened you must of felt
You have become important to so many of us, I hope you know and feel that.
Think about speaking to his PCP about the anger and abuse/assault? Possibly
medication adjustment time? You get my point.
Anyway, thanks for confiding in our SR family. We are here for you and so are the
police, remember their #? 911 :c033:
Please take care, gentle hugs and many prayers for your family.
TF

Hey there TF!

Jethro was his same old self today! Only one incident he got a little angry about today. He cooked himself a hamburger, asked if I wanted one and I declined. While he was eating I reminded him we were low on diced tomatoes and bologna for the feathered kids. Well after he got done eating he went out to his shop. I was in the middle of cleaning the carriers when he finally came back inside. Dark was approaching quickly and I was rushing to get things cleaned so I could bring the kids back inside.

I was walking out the door with a water dish in my hand when he made a snide remark about something. I don't remember what it was. Something in reference to I could be helping him I think. I stopped in the doorway onto the porch room and looked at him. I held up the water dish and said: "What does it look like I'm doing right now? I guess I'm taking this water dish to my desk instead of a carrier? I reminded him I told him the dicing needed to be done hours ago, but he chose to walk outside to his shop w/o getting it done!" He didn't say a word, just kept cutting. See he likes to play these blame games with me, but he always gets an honest truthful answer back. :) Or I just ignore him and leave him to figure it out.

I spent years strung out on pain meds! I already know how a person is when they are miserable from using pills. He can't pull the wool over my eyes. He accuses me of being a know it all when it comes to the pain meds and I always say: "Why yes I am!" LOL Thank God I have over 3 years clean off them, because I can deal with his BS!

He's got a lot on his plate right now and is super stressed out. Plus he has legitimate reasons to take the pain meds, but he's been on them for too many years now and needs to find another source of relief. He doesn't take them daily either. But man when he does! OUI! I can't tell you how happy I was to hear the FDA was cracking down on the pain meds being distributed! I'm waiting to see what his doctor tells him the next time he asks for a refill. I don't interfere in his doctor things and he stays out of my affairs with mine. I don't want to rock that boat.

To be honest? Yes it scared the crap out of me when he started chest butting me backwards. With his eyes bulging and him yelling at me too I didn't know what he was going to do. But he immediately stopped when I told him to back off. I'll never call the police on him. We've both been thru that BS with our X's. I'll certainly leave though if he ever acts that stupid again. He understands I've had my fill of his pill taking. He knows I'm not playing games. If I can continue not using them? Then by God he can stop them too!

Thank you for your concern and prayers! I wasn't going to say anything about the incident, but I felt they're others out there that could use how I handled it and what to look for if their significant other starts acting angry! ;)

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 09-28-2017 01:47 AM

Hello friends!

Wanted to pop in to say things are good with Jethro! He knows he screwed up BIG TIME the other day and is doing his best to be pleasant and helpful! Not once has he accused me of ordering him around! I'm not the one that has changed for the worst. I've actually gotten better and better with all the clean time I'm building under my feet!

When he's taken a pain pill he's all over the place with his emotions! He's all loving towards the feathered kids. Then he's mad at one because it's not moving fast enough for him! Their noise making is background noise to me! And they are something to cause us both laughter when he isn't on the pain meds. But boy when he's taken a pain pill their noise irritates the crap out him and he bitches how he wishes they'd shut up! Sigh! They get put to bed real early on those nights.

His mind never stops thinking either! And his hands have to be busy doing something too! He sits at his laptop playing one game after another. He's constantly clicking his mouse! (It drove me crazy when he used to sit out here in the porch room with me.) He's got the TV going, one of the feathered kids with him and he's clicking away in the living room! Ugh! Even when he's on the phone talking he's clicking away on his mouse. God I'm so grateful I decided to have that shop built for him! He spends hours out there working on mechanical things or building things. I'll visit him for a little while and then I scurry back to the house or the yard to do my own stuff/work. :)

I let him do all the shopping so he can get out to talk with PPL. He also doesn't like it when I shop at 2:00 AM! So he does it now while I'm asleep! It's a win - win in my book! He needs a steady job or steady work coming in to be happy! He's bored and his active mind/hands need to stay busy! He's almost 60 yrs old though so no one's going to hire him! :(

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 10-02-2017 03:28 AM

Hello friends!

It's been really pleasant around here with Jethro off the pain meds! :) He's happier, laughs more, doesn't accuse me of ordering him around anymore either! If I have to interrupt him while he's working on something to help me? He doesn't get all bittchy and aggravated like he used to!

Yesterday I said something to him about the pills and he said: "Well that's something I want have to take now!" I was shocked to say the least! I really think it bothers him a lot how he treated me the other night?

His stepdad came home yesterday from the hospital! YAY! His mother and stepdad both told Jethro to take me out to supper at a nice restaurant! I laughed and said: "Are they going to pay for it too?" Jethro leveled a look at me and said: "Yes!" WOW! Actually it's quite a shocker! I've never had a relationship with Jethro's mother. So this was a surprise! I didn't stop him from helping them when they needed him. I didn't bittch about it either, like some wives would do. I wore myself out doing all the chores around here w/o complaint either! So I have something nice to look forward to and won't have to cook because of it! LOL

The weather was cooler all week, but heating back up again for another week. We are also watering the immediate backyard due to it hasn't rained in awhile. Ugh

Two nights ago our neighbor sent a text to Jethro telling him someone was out back in the adjoining field with a flashlight walking around. Jethro went out with his rifle and flashlight. The other flashlight was quickly turned off when they saw Jethro's light. I suggested Jethro put locks on the gates that is on each side of the shop. So he went to Walmart and bought a package of them. Our property is completely fenced in, but they could easily cut the back fence and break into the shop from that direction. So they'll have a tougher time getting stuff out of the chain link fence with the locks on the gates now. Whoever it is better hope we don't catch them stealing. They'll be running from bullets flying in their direction!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 10-02-2017 03:36 AM

Here's a picture of Tasha with her baby girl Airam! Airam is getting her big girl feathers in!

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...asha-airam.jpg

Tiredofdrugs 10-02-2017 10:44 PM

OH MY GOD!

Do I actually see Timebuster's name under my posts? :c031: :c012:

Or maybe I see a :Ghost:

Better get my glasses cleaned! :glasses

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 10-09-2017 02:34 AM

Hello everyone!

Things were really nice around here for several days! Then Jethro went to the foot doctor!

He's been having trouble with one of his toes. It's cramped up and hurts.

The doctor told him it wasn't broken and offered him a steroid shot. Jethro said: "Hell NO!" LOL So the doctor gave him some steroid pills. Jesus Christ! My peacefulness went to hell in a hand basket! He was a mean grouch for three days. I was right back where I was with him on the pain meds only worse! The 3rd day around 5:00 PM I went off on him. I told him he didn't need to take certain meds because he goes crazy on them. He yelled "I'm not taking anymore of them!" And he hasn't! Shew! He's back to being friendly again.

The doctor told him he needed inserts in his shoes and was going to put a consult in to get him some made. HAH! He had a set made a few years ago and when he tried to get more made he was told Champus doesn't pay for them anymore! So now we'll see what they say with a foot doctor ordering them and not his PM doctor? Champus seems to be cutting back on a lot of things they'll pay for? But isn't that the story with all Insurance Companies?

We haven't been out to eat yet! Jethro's mother asked him a few days ago if we'd gone out yet? He told her No! Jethro has to take his mother to her doctor today. So I'm making her and her husband some homemade potato soup for Jethro to take to them. ;) I know she says she's allergic to everything. Hopefully she's not allergic to anything in the soup?

I just got done taking Strawberry and one of the three babies, Phyllis, outside for her potty run. While out there I was blessed with the sight of a flying squirrel. This is only the 2nd time I've seen one here! They're very elusive little buggers!

I haven't said anything up to this point about our little Roo, Danny! He's not able to walk. I have pee pads on a corner of the couch with paper towels on top of them for him to rest on. I also keep a refreeze able ice pack wrapped close to him to keep him comfortable. I have a raised wire rack with a bowl of water and a bowl of his goody treats in it. I'm constantly checking on him, moving him around so I can clean up after him and so he can reach his bowls. Then I move him back and cover him up with a loose blanket. He seems to have seizures at times too! :( I figure he won't be with us long! But while he's here? He'll be very pampered.

My iPhone went completely black the other day and I thought it was dead. Ugh Jethro removed the battery, waited a few minutes and put it back in. Got my phone back. Well then yesterday it didn't want to charge. We tried a different cord and that didn't help either. Jethro went back to FB where he'd found one just like mine for a small amount of money. He met the young couple, paid for it and they told him if we had ANY problems with it? They'd refund us our money! WOW! It's so nice to meet honest PPL! Well then when I got up late afternoon? I turned my computer on and my phone started charging. Well good grief. So Jethro said we'd keep the phone he bought for parts! That'll work!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 10-12-2017 02:28 AM

Hello everyone!

The in-laws thoroughly enjoyed the homemade potato soup I made and gave them. :) MIL wanted to thank me personally for the soup. Jethro gave her my cell number! Yeah! I've had my phone and same number since 2007. That's the relationship she and I have had! None! A screw up on her daughter's part and Jethro is back in the fold. I've just been nice and not gotten involved! So today when Jethro got them home from the doctor's office and grocery shopping? She sent 6 huge chicken breasts home with him. Lordy! I just finished making a sauce and smearing it on them in the crockpot! I'll fix a vegetable to go with them this afternoon and supper will be served. His mother isn't allowed to drive for another two months. EEEEKKKKK I hope we can survive it?

I've been giving Danny Boy a cod liver oil gel cap each day. It's loaded in vitamin A & D. (I take them twice a day too. I've been taking it since the year 2000). He's perked up and is eating better now.

Today was only 76 degrees! OH I loved it! I'm so tired of the hot days! It's 50 degrees right now at 4:00 AM. I watched a show on the History channel the other day that explains our strange weather happening. And it's only going to get worse. It's 'Two Degrees: The Point of No Return'. I highly suggest watching it!

Jethro is still doing the ups and downs with his moods. Ugh! He gets so twisted in some of the things we are talking about? I just get lost trying to bring him back to Earth. Then he gets super pisssed off and I just drop it. There are times I'll say something after a few cross words and he'll not hear me. He quickly says: "What did you say?" I walk a foot away from him and repeat myself. I told him last night: "I don't know why you want me to repeat myself? I know you hear me! And you know I'm not going to change my words to something else either." He just sat there mute! I've been dealing with these mood swings for years. I have to wonder if his pill popping is what caused his two previous divorces? He's stubborn as an asss, but I stand my ground and I've walked the walk and talked the talk in the opiate world. So I know how to take him on. He's not tried shoving me around anymore either like he did before that one time.

I'm still doing a little house cleaning a little at a time. I've been going thru stacks of mail and paperwork too. I'm horrible at not wanting to throw anything away. But I'm getting better at it. ;) My laundry room is stacked high with stuff that needs to be washed too. So every night I do one or two loads to knock it down. Sheets on the floor and blankets on the furniture with chickens in the house is a constant washing session.

I have a dentist appointment next week to start my impressions for my permanent upper denture. I'm sooo ready to get it. The temporary one I've been wearing is crooked and doesn't fit right. Been dealing with this pain in the butt since December.

Tasha is tired of being a Mommy. Poor little Airam doesn't understand why her Mommy doesn't do things for her anymore. And she doesn't have any siblings to hangout with either.

La Nora is acting like a psycho chicken right now. She's our grown Barred Rock hen we've had now for over two years. I'm wondering if she's been attacked by a hawk or the young boys have jumped her? Jethro is getting tired of dealing with the young boys. I suggested it's time to let them go to the lady that got the Barred Rock Roo from us months ago. He's leaning more towards letting them go. Thank goodness!

Okay! Gotta get back to the laundry!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 10-20-2017 12:34 AM

Hello everyone!

It has been crazy busy around here with Jethro taking his parents to the doctor appointments and me having to do everything myself for the kids around here. Then this past Wednesday I had an all day VAH dental visit! I was 10 minutes late for my 8:00 appointment, due to a 4 car pile up on the freeway. I was late being brought back for my 3:00 appointment due to there was a patient that went off in there in another dentist's office. My dentist wouldn't bring me back until the situation was under control. I'm guessing the guy was in the dentist office that pulls teeth. He probably wanted more pain meds and that dentist won't prescribe a refill on them. Especially now that the FDA is cracking down on the doctors. Then he saw a spot on my January x-ray so he sent me to have another one done.

While killing time between appointments I was sitting outside in the smoking area. There was this guy in a wheelchair. He wheeled over to me and I tried talking to him. He could only grunt one word at a time. He could understand me though. So by the time I asked all the questions and figured out what he was trying to tell me? I found out he was paralyzed on his right side, both knees injured and his back too, due to he had two heart attacks back to back. He was drinking and using drugs. That's what caused his two heart attacks. He's only 54 years old. :( He kept pointing at his head and saying damn it! For not being able to talk. I'm guessing he had a stroke along the way too?

I was there by myself Wednesday! So I had all sorts of men coming over to sit by me. LOL I thoroughly enjoyed all the stories they shared with me. My dentist's assistant told me she had a guy get nasty with her during his appointment. She got him calmed down and he apologized. He told her he got a new young doctor and he cancelled all his pain med prescriptions. He was taking 280 pills a month. God almighty! I was there back in 2005! I know what he's going thru! It's a terrible time.

Little Airam ran over to one of the three babies the other day. They started dancing up and down at each other with Airam saying: "Bring it! Come on! Bring it! The smaller one pecked her and Airam ran back to Tasha. LOL The three names I decided to name the three new ones is: "Phyllis, Piper and Chevy!" Phyllis is pampered a lot because she is much smaller than the other two. We make sure she gets lots to eat since her sisters push her away from the food bowls. They are all getting their little personalities now and their adult feathers in.

Sherry has decided it's safer hanging out with Mom inside the house than getting pecked by the bigger girls when she's outside with Ginger. She's also wanting me to hold her a lot more too. Which isn't a problem! She's such a sweetheart and so tiny. Brandon is also wanting a lot of holding time too. So I alternate them.

I saw this article and figured I'd share it with y'all! San Francisco Firefighters Care for Chickens Left Behind in Evacuation

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 10-21-2017 01:09 AM

Hello everyone!

What a day!

Jethro had to take his Mom to her doctor's appointment yesterday. They went out to eat afterwards then he took her home. He then went to Walmart for a few things and came home. He brought me lunch home from the diner they ate at too. Thank God he did, because an hour after getting home? Everything went to shitt!

He went to get up off the floor where he usually sits and in the process? He either sprained or tore his right knee ACLU. OMG! He was yelling in pain and pounding the floor with his fist. I got him an ice pack to put under his knee where he was laying on the floor. I got back to getting the carriers ready for the kids to come inside and I was on my own at this point. Ugh I came back to check on him and he couldn't get up. So I said: "Do you have any pain meds in your bedroom?" He said: "Yes" I then said: "Where are they?" He told me after thinking about it a long time. I also told him he could find a new hiding place. Sigh! I got the bottle, pulled one out and handed it to him. I got him some water. Then I stuck the bottle in his pants pocket. I then went back to work. It took him a good 45 minutes to drag himself across the floor to the couch to pull himself into a standing position. I got his crutches he's had forever and handed them to him.

I got all the kids inside, the boys locked up, then I quickly put some makeup on, changed my clothes and off to the VAH ER we went. We didn't get home until midnight. He was given (9) 7.5 hydrocodone's for pain and fitted with an immobilizing wrap to keep his leg straight. He has to wear this gizmo until he feels better, see's his doctor and has an MRI. Thankfully he already has an appointment set for next Wednesday. I also rescheduled Daniel Boone's Vet appointment for Friday. Well I have an eye appointment on that day so I'll have to cancel and reschedule it now that Jethro has injured himself. I'll have to make the Vet appointment. His parent's better NOT have any appointments in the near future. Ugh! I'll probably be asked to take them. I'll have to take Jethro's truck to get them, because I've never driven a Van before and I'm not about to start by driving theirs.

Talk about a real cluster f'k around here right now? ARGH!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 10-30-2017 02:24 AM

Hello everyone!

I believe it was on the 9th I told y'all about little Danny Boy and his legs having problems? A couple weeks ago he got this bruise looking spot on his leg. The following day it covered his entire leg and his foot was really swollen. There was also this spot that was large and round filled with blood. I called the Vet's office and made him an appointment to be seen. At some point and time on one of his outings outside to sit in the grass he came into contact with a bacteria that caused an infection. His leg was also oozing blood. Our poor boy just can't get a break from his leg problems. The Vet gave us a medicine to put on his leg and one by mouth. She said the bacteria got so bad due to he was unable to move his legs. Without blood flowing it caused the bacteria to just take over. Sigh!

His appointment was this past Friday. His leg is improving and his appetite has also picked up. :) The Vet wants to see him in two weeks. Hopefully by then he'll be much better and we can concentrate on figuring out why he stopped walking?

Jethro got a smaller brace for his knee and can walk a little better now, but he's still in a lot of pain. He has an MRI scheduled for Tuesday to see what's going on with it.

I tell ya! They say it takes events in situations to change things for the better. Well with my MIL breaking her hip and FIL in the beginnings of Alzh's? And then Jethro getting injured? She and I have had some long conversations by phone. I've gotten a lot off my chest and cleared up a lot of questionable things with her. At one point she told me: "With my son's last two wives and the way they are/were? I wasn't going to try and have a relationship with his third wife!" WOW! That was a shocker! There's so many other reasons I knew she didn't want a relationship with me, but never that one. She's finding out I'm not a bad person and I don't lie about things. We also have more in common than she realized! She's also learned just how much I've done for her son and how well he and I work our lives together. Her hard shell is slowly breaking! I've always hated the fact she didn't want anything to do with me. But the light is getting brighter as to why she didn't!

I'm still running around like a maniac getting chores done on a daily basis around here. Jethro does as much as he can to help out, which I'm truly grateful for. However it's in slow mode and I'm flying low doing the chores. I've cooked supper each night to keep him from sitting around eating junk food. I get supper started while I'm cleaning carriers. That's a feat all in itself. LOL Lots of hand washing during this time.

The five boys in the dog pen coop are huge now and there's always a mishap happening with them. I've jerked all of them up by their tail feathers and raised them up so we are eyeball to eyeball so I can chew their asss out for misbehaving. Now all I have to do is yell 'BOYS' and they scatter. They know mom means business and doesn't put up with their rough housing on one another. It's cold here now. I got their coop cleaned out and filled with fresh straw so they could have a warm coop to sleep in each night. But there's always a tussle when they are bedding down. I smack the side of their coop with a large stick and they settle down quickly. I'm ready to get rid of three of them. There's five out there. The original father and his four sons. One is a little smaller and he catches the worst of it from the other three boys. I'd feed them all Salt Peter if I knew it'd calm them down? Even considered CatNip! LOL

Out of 19 chickens? There's 14 in the house and here in the porch room. The four babies are getting bigger. Little Tasha is no longer wanting to be Airams Momma. Strawberry is still playing Momma to Piper, Phyllis and Chevy! I've got them all trained to come to the back porch room door to come inside at night. That helps immensely with getting them in at night. Just gotta be close by to keep everyone from picking on each other when they get too close. Sigh! The big girls are coming in at the same time too!

Jethro has pain pills in his bedroom. Lots of them! I don't go foraging for them! I've got over three years off them and damned sure don't want to start back on them. Nothing would get done around here if I were to start taking them again. I have enough problems with my RLS as it is. If I had to detox off pain meds again? My RLS would ten fold! No thanks!

I'm doing well! Catching up on sleep when I can! Dragging myself out of bed for doctor appointments when I have to get up early too. Life existence is so much easier handled off the pain meds than when I was taking them. I'm truly grateful I'm no longer taking the things. And especially now that the FDA is cracking down on them being distributed. I really feel for those ppl having to go thru w/d's and detox due to this happening. I had to mentally get ready for my cold turkey'ing off them. I wasn't just taken off them.

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 11-01-2017 02:31 AM

Hello everyone!

An update on Jethro's MRI! He has torn his meniscus in the center of his knee and has also torn his tendon in the back of his knee. He is now being referred to the Orthopedic Clinic. Surgery is in his future.

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 11-03-2017 10:46 PM

Hello everyone!

Yesterday was an event from the pisssed off pages!

Poor Daniel Boone's leg! The blood has pooled in large ball sections in the pad of his foot. His foot is so swollen the skin didn't have the usual sections in the skin. It was slick! Freaked me out. I spent an hour with him in my lap last night on his back moving his legs to get circulation moving in them. The blood flowing again. I asked Jethro to spend time with him during the day moving his legs too!

I had a 4:00 PM hair salon appointment. Got out of there at 7:00 PM. I went to the feed store and got feed. Then I headed towards Walmart and remembered I needed to get cigarettes! Stopped at the Tobacco store and then went to Walmart. Left Walmart and stopped by Popeye's to get us supper. Made it home by 9:30 PM. I was starving! Worn out and ready to sit down for a little while.

We changed Daniel Boone's leg bandages and his really bad leg is starting to lose some of the swelling and it's looking better. Shew! The sore that started on his other leg was looking much better too! Tonight though it's spread more on his leg! So I'll be working his legs here in a little while! He's such a good boy! Which I'm really grateful for. There are chickens I've had to medicate, doctor in the past that I had to literally sit on to get it done. He makes goofy sounds that almost sounds like a gruff laughter!

Now! I'm SOOOO glad I had errands to run today. Jethro was in a tirade 30 minutes before I left. The Ortho's Appointment Nurse called him. He was telling her he needed to make an appointment for surgery because of what his MRI results had shown. She started firing questions at him as to who told him this? How did he know he needed surgery? Blah! Blah! Blah! He had her on speaker so I was listening to the conversation. At one point it got so crazy I told him to hand me the phone. I said: "Ma'am! Ma'am! Ma'am! Each time getting louder! She was steadily rambling on! I finally yelled Helllllooooooooo! She finally shut up! I told her he had an MRI on Tuesday! He had an X-ray in the ER! His PM doctor's office called and told him the diagnosis! That's how we know what his problem is with his knee!" She didn't interrupt Sarge like she did Jethro! She really pisssed me off! The earliest he can be seen is the 27th. They need to take a special X-ray! Then they'll see if he needs surgery or rehab on his knee! F'k that! As soon as I hung up I told Jethro to look up the number for the surgeon that did his knee surgery years ago. I had him call an make an appointment! He'll be seen on the 17th! We'll have an expensive copay for going to this surgeon, but I'm done with him dealing with the VAH! Because he's a spouse he's not treated fairly! He gets the run around a lot up there! ARGH! He'll get straight honest answers from the civilian surgeons office. This surgeon operates on professional athletes too! He also replaced my dad's knees years ago.

I need to make a trip to the VAH now to get a copy of his MRI and a copy of his doctor's notes. Such a pain in the ass, but it's gotta be done. I need them to take to the civilian doctor for his appointment.

We are going to my Mom's Saturday to enjoy a fish fry! I'm SOOOO ready for some laughter and a different change of pace! Jethro has been a BEAR and my nerves are frayed!

TOD

Timebuster 11-07-2017 09:56 AM

If the doctor recommends to have the meniscus arthroscopy repaired make it clear to the doctor if the meniscus is not repairable do not remove it unless the doctor has consent first.

If they removed the meniscus now he will be bone on bone and that's where all hell breaks loose. You think he's in pain now, ha ha I can tell you from personal experience the pain from a torn meniscus is ice cream compared to being bone on bone.

There are alternative treatment now that I wish were around when I had my knee replacement.

TB