SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!') (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/383049-welcome-tods-clean-time-tod-one-year-clean.html)

Tiredofdrugs 11-08-2017 03:11 AM

Hi TB!

I sent your message to Jethro! ;)

He's had both his knees cleaned out already! Each one were done by different doctors. One of them told him his next surgery would need a complete replacement. Don't remember which knee it was though.

He's decided he's going to use the VAH for surgery if that's what's needed. Half my hair is gone from pulling on it! He's still going to see the civilian doctor though to see what he says since it's 10 days before the VAH appointment. He'll take the doctor's report to the VAH doctor to show them. It's always best to get a 2nd opinion anyway! ;)

Daniel Boone's legs go from worse to good, then back to worse and good again. Sigh! Whatever this bacteria crap is, is really nasty! Jethro was on the phone with my Mom yesterday. He started laughing at something she said and Daniel Boone started laughing with him. Well? In his voice anyway! LOL Mom heard him and asked if our rooster was laughing? I'm sure he was fussing, but it sounded like laughter.

I am SOOO tired! Jethro is tired too of sitting at home. He's used to being on the go! He keeps threatening he's going to drive. I just laugh! I tell him: "Good luck with that!" I'm as ready for him to be healed as he is ready! And don't EVEN get me started on the pain med BS I'm putting up with from him. Ugh! He goes off on me for the most stupid reasons and then tries to make up for it later by doing more than he needs to do. Then he'll take another pill later on and we are right back to not speaking again.

I want to ask those reading my Thread to please say prayers for the 26 Church Members and their families that were killed this past Sunday in TX. Several children were gunned down. It's just heart breaking to think about those family members and what they are all going thru. If you aren't of the praying kind? Send good thoughts their way!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 11-08-2017 03:17 AM

This is what we are doctoring on both of Daniel Boone's legs! It's some type of bacterial infection.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...e18867-leg.jpg

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 11-11-2017 02:44 PM

It's Veteran's Day!

Peace to all the Veterans! Here, now and before us!

I'm an Army Veteran! Spent 22 years in Army Boots!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 11-18-2017 12:43 AM

Hello everyone!

I took Jethro to see his knee surgeon yesterday! The surgeons assistant came in to talk with us and to examine his knee.

She told him his meniscus is torn and needs to be removed. By doing this it will leave him bone on bone in half his knee area. She said there's three options. 1st They remove the meniscus and drill holes in his knee to see if that will let new cartilage grow in place? He'll have to wear a knee traction for 6 months. 2nd They replace half his knee with a prosthetic knee which will last around 20 years. 3rd They replace the entire knee? If the latter two happen? He'll have to stay in the hospital for two days and go to rehab/therapy 3X a week!

I just want to curl up and cry or pitch an ever loving fit and then get back to reality! I don't know how I'm going to manage everything here and do all these extra trips with him each day until he's released?

I talked to my Mom yesterday and asked if she could help out with the trips and the visits in the hospital while he's there? She said she'd do what she could! :) I'd already told Jethro earlier: "I'm going to find a bus service to come pick you up and deliver you back home!" ;) I might learn how to use Uber? LOL Knowing Jethro though? He won't go for it!

He's going to wait to make a decision after he sees the VAH Ortho group on the 27th.

Daniel Boones' legs are looking much better now. Just waiting for the large areas on his feet where there's scabbed over pools of blood to heal. Then I'm going to take him back to the Vet to see if she can figure out why he's not walking? Jethro sits close to where he's on the couch in his bed. He tends to him and pays him a lot of attention. They love each other! :) My two crippled guys right now. Sigh!

TOD

tbeit 11-18-2017 03:34 AM

Do you have a date for surgery yet?

Tiredofdrugs 11-18-2017 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by tbeit (Post 6677081)
Do you have a date for surgery yet?

Hi tbeit!

No there's no appointment set yet! He's going to see the VAH Ortho group on the 27th. He wants to see what they say and what they offer. Then he'll make the appointment with them or his civilian doctor.

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 11-22-2017 09:28 PM

Hello everyone!

I wanted to let those know reading my Thread this news!

With sadness and a broken heart! Little Daniel Boone turned for the worse on Monday. He passed away Tuesday morning at 9:00 AM.

A friend of ours had a friend of hers come over to help Jethro get a hole dug and bury him. Jethro usually uses his tractor with the auger on the back to dig their holes. With his knee messed up he couldn't this time.

We sat with him, holding him, from 2:40 PM Monday until he passed on Tuesday at 9:00 AM. He knew he was loved and treasured as our little man. We also told him it was okay to go! He'll be truly missed! He was such a sweet little man and had us laughing all the time with his goofy goose sounds he made.

Rest in love our little Daniel Boone!

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...niel-boone.jpg

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 11-27-2017 11:57 PM

Hello everyone!

Jethro went to the doctor at the VAH yesterday!

Looks like he's going to need exploratory surgery! ARGH! The doctor he saw today called in another doctor to look at his X-rays. The tendon isn't showing signs of major problems! Say WHAT? They said: "Usually when someone tears their tendon? There's also all sorts of other things torn up too? But he's not showing any signs of it! ACK!

It does show he's bone on bone with his knee, but they don't want to do a knee replacement. It limits range of motion and he's too young to go thru that now. But there's NOTHING they can put between the bones to ease the pain. Well what the Hell?

So he has to go back Tuesday to see another doctor! I guess one that's more experienced? Looks like the PROFESSIONAL, which is the civilian doctor knows what he's doing? These doctors at the VAH are going to just guess at what to do until they get in his knee to actually see what needs to be done?

I really feel for Jethro! He just wants his knee to stop hurting! Whatever that takes to make it happen? He's super tired of just sitting around or having to walk slowly by sliding his leg along.

I've been trying to be careful about doing things so I don't end up injured also while we are dealing with his injury! Well be damned if I didn't try to put myself in the large recycling trash can the other day! Accidentally of course! I had the lid down when I tried to move it forward 2 feet! Only two feet! Well the whole thing tilted and flipped towards me while I was hanging onto it. I crashed HARD! My right hand and left forearm took the worst of the fall. My right hand looked like I was wearing purple rings on every finger from the bruises. My left forearm was all scratched and bruised. And who was standing there watching? Jethro and all the chickens! Jethro said: "Way to go grace!" Then he said: "Are you okay? Really! Are you okay?" I said: "I'll survive!" The following day I was so stiff and sore? I couldn't hardly move. My right hand was swollen and my thumb wouldn't stop twitching. Thankfully! The bruises are all gone now, the swelling is down and the twitching has stopped. ;)

I managed to get all of Daniel Boones towels and blankets washed the other day. I picked up all his meds and bandages to put away too. It was tough! He had been a part of our lives for 8 months and always wanted to be with one of us. So his presence and little Goose sounds are sorely missed!

Jethro isn't taking the pain meds as often as he's allowed. He knows he's an asss when he's on them. He'll go off on me and then he'll turn around and start doing things to help me out w/o me asking. He always knows he's messed up by the way he's treated me. It's the damned pain pills that makes him go off like that though. Sigh! So he remains in pain to avoid treating me badly!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 12-02-2017 01:44 AM

Hello everyone!

I figure this is the place to share this with?

This evening I was making the kids beds in Jethro's bedroom. After getting them made? I turned to reach for the cord on the ceiling fan light to turn the light off! Then I saw it! Laying on the cedar hutch was half a pain pill! OMG!

My heart started racing and my mind started talking quickly to me. I walk over and pick it up! "My mind is going thru ALL the scenarios of taking it and how good it would feel for a little while!" I reach for the cord, turn the light off and walk into the living room. I lay the pill on the table in front of Jethro! He picks it up and says: "Where'd you find this?" I told him where it was and walked off!

Half way across the room I turn and look at him! I say: "PLEASE keep your pills out of sight! And hidden! Seeing that half pill and having the scary thoughts going thru my mind is damned scary! I've been off these pills for over three years and what just happened scared the crap out of me! The thoughts are always there as well as the feelings I used to get from taking those pills!" He said: "I'm sorry Baby! Thank you for not taking it!"

I mentally and physically know what just one pill will do to me! I have to abstain from taking one at all costs, unless I'm recovering from a major surgery! Like I was in December 2016! I was on them a month back then! And here it is December 2017! I'm eleven months off them from that one month and the thought is still strong whenever I'm tempted with one! Ugh!

I hate being addicted to those damned things. But I know to always say NO when tempted. There's not enough pills in this world to ever satisfy my need if I were to ever get started on them again. I also had several friends and classmates that have passed away from their use of them. I don't want to be the next one.

TOD

Timebuster 12-20-2017 10:56 AM

Dear one how's the Christmas shopping going? :Xmaspa

Peace & hugs
TB

Tiredofdrugs 12-20-2017 10:07 PM

Hello everyone!

So on December 5th Jethro saw the surgeon at the VAH! The surgeon told him he wanted to wait 6 weeks to see how Jethro does with his knee? The torn tendon isn't a big deal. There is still a thin line before he's bone on bone. If he can live with the torn meniscus? Then nothing will be done. If it's too painful? Then he'll be scheduled to get it cleaned up. Jethro asked about the rooster comb injections? The surgeon said if he wanted to do that? Then he was willing to give it a try! Of course Jethro? The BIG BAD weanie told the doctor how he wasn't going to do this or that! Sigh! I told him to shush it and listen to the doctor! So we'll see what happens down the road!

Jethro is getting around best he can! He'll have a good day and he'll push it too far and end up in a lot of pain at the end of the day! I don't say squat to him. He'll just bittch and tell me to go away, leave it alone! And don't even get me started on how bad it gets when he's taken a pain pill? I do my damndest to avoid him!

As far as the chickens go? All of them are healthy and the little ones are teenagers now! We are getting 2 little eggs and 3 large eggs a day now. When the four teenagers start laying we'll be overwhelmed in eggs around here. There's 4 dozen setting on the counter right now and we've already given a dozen to my MIL for her birthday when Jethro went over there to visit his parents.

We rehomed three of the boys from the dog pen! Jethro kept the fourth one. We still have the father of the boys too! When the teenagers are grown I'll see how everyone gets along? I'd love nothing better than to build a large coop area so they could ALL stay in it. I'm going to push for that to happen. But of course I gotta wait on Jethro to get better! Ugh!

We are going to Mom's for Christmas lunch! Our weather has been in the high 60's! We are finally getting some much needed rain too! Christmas Day the high is going to be 48 degrees! Burrrrrrrrr The cold is supposed to arrive Sunday. Our feathered kids aren't going to know how to act in the cold weather! They all sleep inside at night though!

We have a lone coyote trying to figure out how to get into the fenced yard now. It knows we have chickens and it's looking for a meal! We'll take it out, first chance we get! ;)

As for myself? I'm doing well! I'm staying on top of things around here and tending to what needs to be tended to! I cook supper every night to give us a good meal too! I started using the online Walmart shopping for pickup, which saves me a lot of time. It also saves me money since I'm not walking around in the store seeing other things to throw in the buggy! :) I love it!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 12-20-2017 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Timebuster (Post 6714880)
Dear one how's the Christmas shopping going? :Xmaspa

Peace & hugs
TB

Hi TB! Good seeing ya!

I don't Christmas shop anymore! :) Thank goodness! LOL

It's all adults that gather for Christmas at Mom's! Ever since Dad passed away 4 years ago? Mom decided to stop the gift exchanges! We all agreed!

What's your plans for Christmas?

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 01-13-2018 10:58 PM

Hello everyone!

Happy New Year to all of y'all!

Jethro is still hobbling around, but he's back to driving and working around here. I'm leaving it up to him to get the meniscus cleaned up when he can't stand it any longer. He's had it done once before on each knee, so he knows what happens to get the surgery!

We had a leak in the hot water tank line underneath the house. Ugh! I figured out there was a problem when I bent down in the chicken bedroom to pick their water bowl up and smelled mold. I opened the closet door and the mold smell just about knocked me backwards. I went searching in the laundry room for wetness and found the floor to be wet between the wall and washing machine. I told Jethro about it and he went under the house. That's when he found the leak. He got the leak fixed and I started pulling boxes out of the bedroom closet. That's when I discovered we also had a rat living in there. The damned thing had chewed up a lot of my stuff in boxes. As well as lots of wooden stuff in the boxes.

I went to get Jethro the spray bottle of bleach so he could spray the mold areas and discovered the bottom of the bottle was wet. I pulled everything out from underneath the kitchen sink and found a large puddle of water. Well just shiit! So Jethro started on that project next. He's got all the leaks fixed and even replaced the seals in the shower areas to stop those leaks too.

After getting everything pulled out of the closet? It moved on to other parts of the house to chew things up. It had even chewed a hole in the back of the couch and had a huge nest chewed up inside of it. They are truly destructive creatures. We put out two large snap traps and killed it the 2nd night of the traps being put out. It looked like there was a murder in the chicken bedroom. When the snap came down it sprayed blood all over the carpet.

Our home right now looks like it was picked up, turned upside down, shook real hard and then set back down. It's a mess!

Three nights ago I discovered our large hen, Strawberry, was missing. :( There's no signs of her being attacked anywhere! So I'm hoping she's under Jethro's barn setting on eggs. It's been bitter cold here, freezing rain yesterday night and we have two days of snow flurries expected. We haven't seen her come out to eat or drink either. She's been laying her eggs underneath the barn for awhile now. IF she's under there on eggs? Hers aren't fertile. But La Nora has been laying her eggs under there too and hers ARE fertile. So all we can do is wait and see at this point. It takes 21 days for eggs to hatch.

Our little Airam we got last year right around Labor Day laid her first egg yesterday. The three other girls are a week younger than her. So they'll be laying eggs soon! Don't have a clue what we are going to do with a dozen eggs a day? Ugh!

Jethro showed his asss on Christmas Day. He didn't go with me to my Mom's for Christmas lunch. The following day he was good as a little Choir boy again. Then two days ago it happened again. I hate it when he takes a pain pill. He treats me so badly! I just shut down and avoid him until he snaps out of it. Thankfully it's by the next day. I'm tired of this roller coaster with him.

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 01-17-2018 02:46 AM

Hello everyone!

Update on Strawberry! The lost hen!

I decided to stay up yesterday morning to go look for Strawberry! Right after daylight. I dressed like an Eskimo and headed outside! I laid on the frozen ground all around Jethro's barn looking underneath it. No Strawberry! I did the same thing with my barn. No Strawberry! There was only one place on the backside of his barn where I could get down to look under his barn. SO? I waited for Jethro to get up. Then I asked him nicely if he'd help me clear away some stuff so I could look under there? He said: "Let me drink some coffee and I'll go out there!" Well an hour later I started getting sleepy, so I went inside and told him I wasn't going to stay up forever waiting on him. So he puts his shoes, coat and gloves on. We head outside. Lets just say: "This wasn't going to be an easy job and I was fading FAST! Sigh!

We started at the corner I couldn't see into while laying on the ground and looking under the barn. We finally get an opening and I lay down to look. No Strawberry! Shiit! So he proceeds pulling stuff off the barn wall further down. We spent HOURS moving shiit! Found a nest of eggs where La Nora's been laying her eggs, six of them and a huge RAT's nest close to it.

Then Jethro starts cutting limbs with his battery operated saw. So now I'm dragging downed limbs to a pile of them. I finally reach a point where I HAVE to go inside to get something to eat! So I come inside, grab a package of bacon and start cooking it to make BLT's. While cooking I start cleaning the carriers to get them ready for the kids to come inside in a few hours. The weather was going to start turning bitter cold after 3:00 PM and snow was coming during the night. I couldn't stand the thought of Strawberry being outside another day or night in these temps! That's why I was going to give it my all to try and find her. She'd already been out there 3 nights in the cold and one night it rained like crazy!

I was sitting in my chair here, taking a break, when Jethro walks in holding STRAWBERRY! Woot! Woot! I was SOOOO surprised! He was hugging her and giving her kisses on the head! He set her on the floor and she could hardly stand. Her underside was covered in poop! That told me she never left the spot she was in! He said she had two eggs underneath her. They are both duds! Not fertile! She immediately dove into the food bowl eating like a starved chicken! She also drank water like she's done w/o too! LORDY! I let her eat her fill and then I put her in her carrier. She continued eating and drinking. Then she finally nestled down into the hay and went to sleep. Sigh!

Jethro had brought home an upright washer/dryer for recycling or to see if he could repair it? She was hiding in a tiny corner behind it. While Jethro was standing close to it to take a break from working? She poked her head out and then ducked back in. She was so fast? Jethro thought he'd imagined it! There was also a large slab of metal leaning against the backside of it. All the hours we worked around that machine she never once made a sound or looked out. I had even shined my flashlight in there and didn't see her. Before I went to bed last night? After being up for 31 hours! I looked out the window towards our neighbors to watch it snow. And there it stood! The upright washer and dryer where she'd been hiding. My God! I can't count how many times I'd looked at that thing, worrying about her being out there while looking out the windows to see if I'd catch a glimpse of her. Silly girl! Ugh

Man! Talk about RELIEF? An hour after he found her the temps started dropping dramatically. It started snowing around 8:00 PM. It was only 23 degrees today with snow on the ground. Tonight it's going to be 10 degrees or less, with a wind chill factor of 0 to -15! She would NOT have survived out there last night and would certainly have froze to death today and/or tonight! Today also would have been day five w/o food and water.

I got her washed this evening. I didn't want to do it while she was so weak.

So needless to say? Jethro and myself are very happy we found her! She's safe, fed, warm and alive! It's 4:30 AM and only 8 degrees outside. She would not have survived this!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 01-25-2018 04:01 AM

Hello everyone!

Jethro went to see the surgeon this past Tuesday. He's now waiting to be called for an appointment to have surgery on his knee. The surgeon is going to go into his knee, clean up the torn meniscus and drill holes in his swollen bone to see if it will start producing new cartilage? He is to keep his leg completely straight and to keep his weight off his knee for 2 to 3 weeks.

God Almighty! I just went thru another episode of Jethro's blowups after taking a pill. With each one they get worse! And now he's going in for surgery! I hope he's in too much pain to put me thru another one while taking the pain pills?

I'll be taking care of everything around here and doing the shopping while he's down. I certainly won't be in any mood to take on any of his outbursts and treating me like shiit! I've already told him to choose some TV dinners so I can take breaks from cooking supper every night! He just gave me an astonished look! HAH!

I stayed up Saturday morning to tackle the gumballs in the backyard. We spent all day working in the yard. After being up for 30 hours I dropped into bed. Then a storm came thru that night and the yard looks like we haven't touched it. I just wanted to cry! But the girls all loved having the big pile of leaves and gumballs to scratch thru. I had to quickly pick my small piles up to keep them from scratching it all apart. The little turds.

I sent my sister a text asking her if her 21 year old son would be willing to come stay with us to help me out while Jethro's down? She said she'd ask him tonight. Fingers crossed he says yes! I'll go broke keeping him fed though! The big Ox he is! I'll have to get the Chicken bedroom completely cleaned up so he can use it while he's here though! Ugh! The girls haven't been using it since the leak and the rat problem. The leaks been fixed and extra boards are up around the closet wall where it was coming in. The rat's been killed too.

Okay everyone!

TOD

treeguy24 01-25-2018 01:18 PM

Congrats on your sobriety TOD! I can relate to the struggle of opiate addiction. Glad to see you are doing well and not taking your sobriety for granted. Keep up the great work! 👍

Tiredofdrugs 01-25-2018 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by treeguy24 (Post 6760606)
Congrats on your sobriety TOD! I can relate to the struggle of opiate addiction. Glad to see you are doing well and not taking your sobriety for granted. Keep up the great work! 👍

Thank you treeguy!

Yes I'm serious about staying away from the opiates! I'll have four years this coming July off them. Other than December 2017 after I had oral surgery. I KNOW where just one pill will lead me and I don't want to ever be there again!

I've reamed my husband out royally whenever I find one of his pain pills laying around or a bottle of them is left where I see them. I've pleaded and begged with him to keep them out of this house. I don't want to take the chance on being in a bad place and coming across one due to his lack of consideration to my welfare.

Thankfully I have a determination to stay off them and I always take the pill or bottle of pills to him ASAP when I find them and tell him to put them away. The feeling we get from our DOC is laying dormant in our brains. Just one slip wakes it up. Ugh! I don't want to be there. It was hard enough back a year ago in December dealing with the feelings I was getting while taking them to stay out of pain. It wasn't easy.

TOD

treeguy24 01-25-2018 03:58 PM

It's so very good to hear how well you're doing. Pain pills are my drug of choice, I know the battle all too well.

Tiredofdrugs 01-25-2018 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by treeguy24 (Post 6760848)
It's so very good to hear how well you're doing. Pain pills are my drug of choice, I know the battle all too well.

I just watched the evening news. There was a segment that talked about getting the opiates under control as far as being distributed by doctors and pharmacies. The FDA is in the limelight now for not getting on this problem quicker/sooner! It's always a blame game! It's a fact of; PPL do or don't get addicted to them! My Dad was an addict and alcoholic! My Mom and two sisters have never been addicts to anything. And yes they've taken pain meds and have drank alcoholic drinks. So who's to blame?

I talk a lot on here about our chickens. They are my love and my hobby! They keep me sane and squared away! They need me to stay clean so I can continue caring for them and giving them the love and attention they want and need. They also give me love back. In Oct 2005 when I chose to C/T off a high dose of pain meds? I was one miserable person. I'd stand at the living room window, looking out at the pen of Silkies looking back up at me from their pen and I'd just cry my eyes out. It broke my heart to see how they needed me to tend to them and because of my pill abuse and then going thru detox/withdrawals? I was unable to care for them. I swore I'd never do that to them again. But thanks to one surgery after another? I ended up back on the pain pills again. Only with those times I was careful to get off them quickly so I didn't end up back where I was before.

I held true to myself in the knowledge where those pills would take me. I didn't want to be there again. I didn't like that person I turned into. I know what happens if I take a pain pill and I have to stay away from them. I run thru my head when I find one of hubby's pills; What good would it do me to take this pill? I'd only feel good for a few hours and then I'd be right back where I was years ago. Feeling like shiit and wanting another one to feel good again. So why my Dear would you want to take it? Do I have a reason to take them? Yes! I do! I'm a 100% Disabled Veteran. But I have found other sources to help with my pain.

Timebuster 01-26-2018 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs (Post 6760940)
I held true to myself in the knowledge where those pills would take me. I didn't want to be there again. I didn't like that person I turned into. I know what happens if I take a pain pill and I have to stay away from them.

Amen :c011:

I couldn't agree with you more

TB