SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!') (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/383049-welcome-tods-clean-time-tod-one-year-clean.html)

Tiredofdrugs 04-17-2017 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by sugarangel (Post 6414390)
Oh, TOD. Your post made me want to cry and smile all at the same time. I guess that's what life is, really. Learning how to smile through the pain. I am so happy for your new little ones. They will help you so much through this.
I so understand the loss of a beloved pet, and I am thinking about you.

When I went to bed in the wee hours of Saturday morning? I left the TV on for him tuned to Country music like I always do. I also left my desk lamp on so he had light to find his way to the rainbow bridge! I told him goodnight for one last time and went inside.

We got Marvin buried at 11:00 am on Saturday! I was getting ready to go to my sister's when Jethro came in and got me to say goodbye to Marvin before he buried him. I touched Marvin's body and told him I loved him and God speed to a better world! Then Jethro walked out with him. I don't want to be outside when our kids go into the ground in the chicken graveyard! I'm so glad he can handle it. And it's just as hard for him to handle as it is for me. He'll bury our loved feather kid and then go in the shop to shed tears. I give him his privacy!

Jethro came back inside and doggedly told me he didn't feel like going. He wanted to just take me to a local restaurant to eat. I said: "No we aren't going to a local restaurant to eat! We are going to my sister's! I want out of here for a few hours! I need to breathe air rushing in my face from the windows! I have Mom's gift to give her and lots of food to take!" So we loaded up and left. The further we got away from the house the better mood he got in. I had asked him to PLEASE leave the sad/bad mood behind. Let's just enjoy our day together with family!

So it turned out to be a good day! He came home and loved on all the little kids around here. We let them run loose in the yard while we sat outside with them for protection from the hawks!

We even had several baby bunnies running around close by! Sherry would stand on her tiptoes to watch them. LOL Molly could have given a hoo-hah about them! LOL The babies were doing their, rip rip rip rip rip sounds of warning while looking at them. I just love that little warning sound they make. :) The little bunny in the picture could have cared less if we were there! It just sat there eating and watching us.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psvvxnsjrs.jpg

PhoenixJ 04-17-2017 01:17 AM

Good one tod, glad the day was peaceful. Chooks are cool-

Tiredofdrugs 04-18-2017 11:19 PM

Hello everyone!

Sadly there is more death in my family's pets!

Late in the evening! Jethro received a phone call from the live-in BF at my older sister's house. Mom found one of the pups she gave a home to last summer, dead at the bottom of her front porch steps! Lucy was out back throwing up violently. They rushed her to the Vet's office. She's on an IV and is staying overnight!

It's a mystery at this point as to what has happened? They were both fine and playful at supper time. That would have been around 5:30! The brown pup is Penny! She's the one that's passed away. She was mom's pick of the litter before deciding to take both pups later on.

RIP Penny! Get well quickly little Lucy!

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psupim5dry.jpg

TOD

sugarangel 04-19-2017 12:24 PM

So, I just caught up on your posts, and, once again, I don't know whether to cry or smile. I am so sorry about Penny. And I hope Lucy gets better soon. I know death is part of the cycle of life and all that, but it really hurts to lose a furbaby. Or a featherbaby. Or any pet. I so loved what you said about the rainbow bridge. I thought that was just beautiful.

Sounds like you had a nice time at your sister's, was it?? I'm sorry about your denture. Will you be able to have it fixed soon so you don't have to go without for long?? And, I liked that gift you got for your mom. I love doing those adult coloring books, but I've never seen one that was a Bible, too. That's pretty cool.

Thanks for the pics of the new babes. They are just way too cute for themselves!! They have a great home and a great mom and dad. They are very, very lucky little chicks.

Thanks to you, I am planning a trip to this place where you can pet farm animals and hold baby chicks and stuff. So, I will finally get to hold a baby chicken. I am so excited about that. The only thing I'm not excited a whole bunch about are the baby goats. I love them and they are so cute, but they will literally eat the shirt off my back!! lol Seriously!!

Anyways, I hope you are having a wonderful day, and thank you for the post on the hydro thread. I really related to what you said. You are a strong woman, and I have much respect for what you have accomplished with the pills. Did you know your thread was one of the first ones I read here?? And, you may not remember this, but you talked to me when I very first got here, and you gave me some great advice then, too. I never forgot that.

Looking forward to your next posts and pics!!
RIP, Marvin and Penny. And, please let us know how Lucy is doing.

Have a stellar day!!

Tiredofdrugs 04-19-2017 10:14 PM

Update on Lucy!

The Vet only had assumptions like the rest of us as to what caused her death and Lucy's near death! Lucy thankfully is back to being herself again! Mom picked her up this morning at 6:30 am.

Mom said she worked in the yard today and Lucy was walking around, running around as usual. I asked Mom if Penny had been salivating a lot and she said, yes! That's one of the signs of mushroom poisoning. After reading the article I posted? I'm leaning towards that being the cause. (The 'Rock' is featured in the article. He had to put his dog down hours after it ate mushrooms)!

They were fine at 5:30 pm when she fed them and then at 7:00 pm when she took them their treats? She was at deaths door.

There is a silver lining to this sad story though! Mom has a little Chi indoors that was scared to death of Penny. She refused to go outside to potty due to Penny always herding her and pawing her. Today little Maggie was outside with Mom all day long. Lucy never bothers Maggie! Mom's 11 yro Chi would growl at Penny and he went on about his business. There is peace in the yard again, even if it was due to a tragedy! Mom loved Penny 100%! She has even said, if she had to choose between the two? She'd keep Penny!

Both pups were rescued from a bad home last summer. She decided to keep Lucy too, due to she was so skinny and would end up in a very bad way. Mom named her, 'Lucky Lucy' last summer! She still has luck on her side! I asked mom if she needed help paying the bill? It was over a thousand dollars. She said, no, she'd dip into my dad's insurance money she got after he passed three years ago.

God has his reasons for doing things and making things happen! WE will never know the reasons why though!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 04-19-2017 11:26 PM

Hello everybody!

Sugarangel! I've had some very strange happenings after losing a close chicken friend before! Things PPL would say didn't happen, but I know they did! I had a Silkie hen years ago that slept at the head of my bed on her own bed. The day she passed I was devastated! That night when I went to bed? I was laying there and all of a sudden I felt little feet walking on top of my bed along the wall, just like she did, till they stopped at her bed! I knew she had come to tell me good bye! :( That's just one event! Our loved ones physical bodies leave us, but their spirits never do!

The day we buried my dad. I was standing outside with one of our Silkie girls late in the afternoon. I looked up and said: "Dad? I wish there was a way you could let me know you are still around?" Out of the blue, this cat came hauling ass across the yard in front of me to duck underneath my barn! I just started laughing. My dad never liked cats and I figure he goosed that cat in it's butt to send it running in front of me to show me he was still around. :)

Also I've been standing outside late at night with a Silkie and there will be a large wind blow around me. None of the other trees have leaves blowing. I smile and tell dad I love him too and I also send him a hug back! PPL can believe what they want? I choose to believe in the good of things and I know I have Angels around me. I also see shadows! Kind of freaks me out at times. Jethro has told me to try and communicate with them! I'm not going there!

Something to remember: "If you see a shadow? There's a light on somewhere!" ;)

I'm happy to read you are going to get the chance to hold a little chick! They are so round and soft! LOL And their little peep peeps are precious to the ears. As for baby goats? I used to go to a friend's house and hold as many baby goats as I could get my hands on. And there were plenty! I lived on a Dairy Farm in WI back in the 90's. I got to love on baby calves back then.

You know when you first posted on my Thread here? I thought I remembered talking to you before? SMH LOL I hope I helped you back then? Was it this one? I'm a talker! I write things out to be easily understood. Country talk and all! Yeah I have the Southern drawl! LOL I don't sound as bad as I used to, due to traveling so much and living in other states. Mom has to have me repeat myself often to understand what I'm saying! LOL She says I don't sound like I'm from Arkansas anymore! Geeeezzzz Mom! I even spent a month in Panama in the 90's!

As far as being strong? I think I'm more stubborn and determined! I also don't like for things to get the better of me! Mom says 'I remind her of a dog worrying a bone to death'! I don't give up on something once I set my mind to it! My husband says 'I'm just like my Mom!' When we set our minds to something? It's going to be done and don't try to change our minds! LOL When I joined the ARNG and arrived at the base? I was like: "What the hell was I thinking?" But I kept a picture of my 4 yro daughter in my billfold in my back pocket and she was the reason I was there. I needed a way to support myself and her after a divorce. I planted my feet and dug in! I graduated Basic and AIT with honors! :) I spent 22 yrs working for the full time ARNG. When I was medically discharged? I cried all the way off post! I was only 48 yrs old and had spent half my life in an Army uniform. I fought like a soldier to get my disability and so here I am today many years later.

You gotta set goals and stick to them. Don't set goals that you already know can't be reached, that's only a disappointment!

As recovering addicts in the early stages? We have to focus on getting clean and staying clean! Clean time, good time slowly creeps up on us! We start to feel better and are able to achieve more than when we were strung out. We start wanting to do more! We change our outlook on life! In my early days of C/T'ing off the pain meds? I'd lean my chin on my arms on the back of the couch and watch the traffic going by thru the window. I'd feel so desolate at that time. The world was passing me by! Leaving me to drown in a bottle of pills or get better? I chose to get better!

Jethro lets little Ginger sit on his shoulder, arm, fly on his laptop, etc. in the evening after her momma and siblings go to bed. He loves how she runs to him for protection when I walk into the living room! Putz! He'll just start laughing! He'll gather her up and say: "Don't worry baby! Daddy's got your back!" Ginger will look up at me from his hand over her on his chest with THAT look! I point my finger at her and say: "Young lady! Your day is coming!" But when I'm holding her? She snuggles up against me under my hand like it's her daddy's! Jethro is hoping like crazy she doesn't get too big! LOL

Everybody have a clean day!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 04-22-2017 01:18 AM

Here's recent pictures of Ginger!

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psjtci5coi.jpg

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psefyb0gv6.jpg

She keeps telling Jethro she wants to send out messages, by jumping onto his laptop! LOL

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psudytsgjm.jpg

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 04-28-2017 02:33 AM

Hello everyone!

We had a lot of rain a couple of days ago! And more to come tonight and thru the weekend. The feathered kids aren't going to be happy with all this rain we'll be getting. They don't go outside!

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psxhjl0frc.jpg

Here's a picture of Sherry with the two miniature Ostriches I took yesterday. There was a baby bunny close by watching us all walk around.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psb2dpneqc.jpg

I have a dentist appointment today. I sent a message telling him my bottom plate broke Easter weekend. So I'm sure he'll be making me a new one. He might also surgically remove the painful bump on my upper gums? If not? I have an appointment to have it done on the 23rd of July. Ugh

Jethro showed me the tractor pen he's been working on in the shop. Not a whole lot to get it finished at this point. Tasha and her two babies will be happy campers running around in that large pen.

My sister asked me late last night if any of the babies are Roosters? Ha Ha Hell if I know? This is the first time I've raised this breed of chicken. I don't know what to look for on signs if they are Roo's or Hens!

I named Tasha's babies! :) One of them just isn't growing so I've been calling her 'Minnie'. The other I named 'Daisy'. Daisy has started flying up onto my leg here in the porch room when she gets cold. I tuck her under a dish towel up against my stomach and she goes to sleep. Minnie is still saying: "Don't touch me" when I try to pick her up. The little snit!

Ginger is a spoiled daddy's girl! Every time I walk into the living room she'll run to Jethro, crawl up his shirt and sit on his chest. Then she'll turn her head sideways and give me that look: "Can't touch this!" LOL

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD

Soberwolf 04-28-2017 01:31 PM

Snap i had root canal & a crown fitted by my dentist today x

:hug:

Tiredofdrugs 04-29-2017 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Soberwolf (Post 6434135)
Snap i had root canal & a crown fitted by my dentist today x

:hug:

Ouch Soberwolf! Wishing you quick healing!

I had all my teeth root canaled and crowned before the infection set in years later that me and my dental team couldn't get stopped. So all but two got pulled!

I tell ya though! I don't miss all that business in a dentist chair one bit! Once I get my permanent dentures I'll not have to endure anymore needles or drilling! :)

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 04-29-2017 04:54 AM

Hi everyone!

First off! I want to wish all those in the flooded areas well wishes and safety! We have a lot of rain coming today thru tonight! We have several rivers that are being watched closely for flooding.

I went to the dentist yesterday. I had one impression on the bottom taken. I had one spot on my upper plate thinned so my tooth on the bottom left wouldn't be touching before the right tooth. Then he burred out a hole on the underside of my top plate against my gums so that painful bump on the top gum line wouldn't be touching my plate. I'm hoping to get an earlier date per one of the nurses to get that painful bone removed. She's going to see what she can do! :)

My lower plate was taken to the department that repairs them. I was told I could pick them up at 3:00 pm. Well one of the nurses said she could bring them to me if I let her Supervisor know it was okay? She lives in our town. So I stayed up after arriving home at 1:00 pm. Jethro called the office at 4:00 pm to enquire about her bringing them? She said they weren't ready. By 7:00 pm I was like the walking dead after being up for 27 hours. I sat down on the couch to watch the news and was soon asleep. Jethro woke me up and told me to go to bed.

When I opened my eyes I saw Sherry with her three babies all sitting side by side on the floor beside the couch. LOL I just grinned, pointed at them for Jethro to look and he just laughed. I got up, kissed Jethro said "I love you" and went to bed. When I woke up at 3:30 am I saw my phone had a message from the dentist office.

The nurse left me a message saying: "My Supervisor wouldn't allow me to bring your dentures to you!" Well BE DAMNED! It would have been nice to have known this before they closed for the weekend. The nurse apologized profusely to me too! If her Supervisor is the new man I've seen walking around there? I have a few chose words for him when I see him. He's a strutting dandy that stays in everybody's business up there. It used to be a happy place to go to, but here lately everyone is sitting with their heads down and there isn't much in conversations going on. :( It always takes just one person to poop on everyone's parade to make everyone miserable.

I'm up for the day and will probably be up all night too due to the storms moving into our state. Ugh!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 05-03-2017 05:13 PM

For my friend Timebuster!

:hb3

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 05-06-2017 02:05 AM

Hello everyone!

I went this past Wednesday to get my bottom denture plate. My dentist worked on it so it fits better and is more comfortable! :) It's nice to be able to talk again w/o Jethro asking me to repeat myself too. It's great being able to chew food again! Jethro smoked pork ribs for our super. I sliced potatoes to layer in foil. I added salt and pepper, shredded cheese and onions between the layers of sliced potatoes. I boiled the ears of fresh corn I got Wednesday while out and about. Everything was delicious!

We've gotten lot's of rain, but we are safe from any of the flooding happening in our state! Which I'm truly grateful for. It was bright and sunny today. All the inside kids went outside. They were some happy campers.

The two older babies are getting SO big! I'm beginning to think one of them is a rooster. Ginger has also gotten a little bigger. Sherry still plays the role of Momma with them. But she's more of a Momma with the younger Ginger. Plus Ginger is much smaller than the other two. Sherry is starting to distance herself from the babies too. I look for her to start pecking heads letting them know they are on their own. That's what the Mommas do though! It's just hard for the babies to understand it! :( She'll start laying eggs again too!

Tasha's little ones are still small. Especially little Minnie! That baby doesn't seem to grow any at all. Just her feathers are growing. LOL But man is she quick on her feet. She's like greased lightening when I go to catch her outside. If I sit down and wait? Daisy will fly up on my leg. So she's easy to catch.

We've got sunny warm weather from now until Thursday! So the kids will have outside time a lot. Several days ago! Jethro was in his shop when he heard high pitched screams. He walked outside to see a small hawk on a tiny rabbit. He took off running at it. The hawk flew off and the rabbit ran into the bushes. My hero!

As much rain as we've had? Jethro is going to need to mow the grass again. It just grows and grows around here right now. Of course the kids are loving it. They are grass eaten little machines!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 05-06-2017 02:26 AM

Here's a picture of Minnie and Daisy!

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psa2dqytgb.jpg

Sherry and the two Barred Rock babies!

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psnwsarwuu.jpg

TOD

sugarangel 05-06-2017 02:07 PM

The pics are awesome!! They are so dang cute!!

So glad to hear good things about your teeth!!

Tiredofdrugs 05-07-2017 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by sugarangel (Post 6446129)
The pics are awesome!! They are so dang cute!!

So glad to hear good things about your teeth!!

I didn't realize I posted the same picture twice! Sorry about that! I'll post newer ones!

Yeah these temporary dentures are something to get used to. After wearing them two days in a row? I've got some real sore spots. I kept them out of my mouth today until I needed to eat. A friend of mine that has dentures told me to WEAR them. Ugh! I'm hoping the permanent dentures are more comfortable to wear!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 05-07-2017 04:08 AM

Here's a picture of the tractor pen Jethro made for the kids. There's those clean sheets hanging on the clothes line behind the tractor pen. I was talking about crawling in between when I went to bed.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psqpsgsypt.jpg

This is Colleen and Buck a roo! They are getting so big!

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...ps77udox8h.jpg

Look how small Ginger is compared to the miniature ostriches! She's only six days younger than they are.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psxidweivo.jpg

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 05-13-2017 02:58 AM

Hello everyone!

I want to wish all the Mother's a Happy Mother's Day for this coming Sunday! I ordered my Mom a beautiful arrangement from FTD. It arrived yesterday. We are going to take her out to eat Sunday at her favorite Restaurant!

Well? Our little baby, Daisy? Is now Danny! LOL He's doing a screechy crow! Jethro told me one of the babies in Tasha's carrier was crowing. I'm pretty sure it's Daisy/Danny!

Brandon has reached a point now he loves to cuddle with me! I hold him and he'll tuck his head up against my neck and do little baby talk noises to me. He's so sweet! We've been giving a lot of attention to the babies to help make them friendlier for my sister. So Brandon has been missing out on his attention. Daddy's usually the one that holds him, but he's got Ginger roosting on him right now. So Momma's giving Brandon extra attention.

Sherry is wanting to be around her babies less and less. She's also checking out the boxes where she lays her eggs as well as doing her interest purring noises. So it won't be long before she's completely done with them. Then they'll be our babies to care for!

Now that I have teeth in my mouth again, be they fake ones! I made an appointment with my hair gal to get my hair done. Damn it feels good to have good looking hair again. LOL I haven't seen her since Dec 10th. She was amazed at how long my hair has gotten. It's past my waist now.

Jethro took me to my appointment and while there he got a clipping too. Then we went out to eat at a nice restaurant. While at the hair salon?

The other lady that works there with my hair gal told us a story! Here goes. She had checked her FB that morning before coming into work. She worked that day by herself too. There was a post showing a young girl that had ran away with her BF. The post was sent from some friends of hers. During the day these two kids came into the salon asking where a certain street was located? She told them where it was located and asked if she could call someone to take them? They both said no. Then one of them asked for some water. She was nervous about leaving the front because her purse and cell phone were out in the open. So she darted to the back, got a glass of water and brought it back. She kept thinking she'd seen the girl before, but couldn't place her. So after drinking the water the two headed out. Then it dawned on her where she'd seen them before? FB! So she grabbed her phone and sent a message to the poster. Then she called the police. She had to repeat the story many times to family members and the police. However? They were found and returned home! So all has ended well! I've shared many a missing post on PPL before! Here's proof it helps to find lost loved ones!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 05-13-2017 03:15 AM

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psvlyogzut.jpg

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0chsvybr.jpg

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psopqqyrxl.jpg

TOD

sugarangel 05-14-2017 05:17 PM

Awesome pics!! They are so freakin' cute!! Loved the Daisy/ Danny story. That made me laugh out loud. Loved the story about the kids and the hair salon, too. What a trip!! But, I am glad they are safe and sound at home again. Awww, young love. lol
Ginger is just the tiniest, loveliest little girl. I think I am in love!! lol And the tractor pen Jethro made for the babies is awesome. Shoot, it's nicer than my dang house!! They will love it.
Anyways, I hope everything is well with you. I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day, and I hope your mom has a great day, too.
Let me know how things are going with your teeth. I have some serious stuff coming up with the dentist, and I would love to know how you got through it. You know, with the pain pills and everything. I hate the dentist, so any advice would be welcome.
Oh yeah, and thanks for the ant tip. I am ant free and loving it!!
Happy Mother's Day, my friend.