SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   The Day I Decided To Quit Painers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/344059-day-i-decided-quit-painers.html)

brian810 09-05-2014 06:20 AM

Ya know i was spending all day worring about my pills now my mind is occupied by getting off them

TiredEnough 09-05-2014 06:46 AM

Brian, I used to be obsessed every waking moment with taking pills or getting pills. It consumed 95% of my life (if I can even call it a life). I dont miss that any and neither will you, bro.

cleaninLI 09-05-2014 07:01 AM

I ditto what TE just said!

cleaninLI 09-05-2014 07:09 AM

Brain I want to say I flushed them too.....but the truth is a I didn't. The truth is I never could. So that is why I needed to remove my sources. I went to extremes with that. Had my husband call up each dealer.....and say if you ever contact my wife again I will save the text and go straight to the police station with it. (Toward the end I had only three.) That was the only way I could guarantee they wouldn't be calling me with a great deal like they did you. Because that is how they operate. If they do not hear from you for awhile....they try to get you back by telling you they owe you a few or they got a bunch in so they can sell them for less. Whatever it takes to get you back! Don't forget when you were desperate....they couldn't help you out....or the price was outrageous.

TiredEnough 09-05-2014 07:31 AM

I think that is why I had to move, Clean. If I had found something early on (like when the RLS/bone pain started) I am pretty sure I would have taken it. It's hard not to when you feel that bad.

brian810 09-05-2014 08:11 AM

Its amazing how we don't know each other but we all think alike

brian810 09-05-2014 09:18 AM

Do any of you attend na I read a lot of negative things on here about it i'm an alcoholic also attended aa meetings its all about helping each other

brian810 09-05-2014 09:38 AM

did any of you procrastinate like me ?

Mamahawk 09-05-2014 10:06 AM

Usually I had every single pill accounted for. If I did find some now (which I won't) I wouldn't even touch them. I would tell someone in my family and let them get them. Now I know a couple were dropped under my car seat at times and one night early in my withdrawal I was sitting there seriously trying to figure out if I could take the car seat without anyone finding out.

brian810 09-05-2014 10:20 AM

I've found them in floor vents before drawers hope that's not the case now

brian810 09-05-2014 11:44 AM

Going to my sons game tonight without any pills in my pocket that'll be different but good

Mamahawk 09-05-2014 11:48 AM

That will be great Brian! It will be a milestone! I'm so proud of you!

brian810 09-05-2014 11:50 AM

Thanks

cleaninLI 09-05-2014 11:55 AM

Yes I never found any either....rarely because I knew every place I dropped one. There were numerous times I would be sick WD on my hands and knees looking for pills...in my room...under dusty dressers...or beds....in my car. Even on the bathroom floor! I was so bad that I even put water inside my empty bottles and bags trying to drink the resin off the sides! Never felt a thing...but it didn't stop me from trying!

brian810 09-05-2014 12:00 PM

Ha ha did the same thing lick the cap look for little bits of pink when i'd crush oxy 10s awful thing but funny now that you mentioned it

TiredEnough 09-05-2014 12:09 PM

I think I tore my trucks and cars apart 100 times looking for something. Maybe found something twice:)

brian810 09-05-2014 12:11 PM

That would be a good thread to start looking for gold lol

TiredEnough 09-05-2014 12:40 PM

Brian, I procrastinated for years thinking I wanted to quit. I didn't really want to so I kept put it off and kicking it on down the road. One day I had just had enough and decided to walk away. I moved and that cut off my supply (on purpose) and I made the decision I was not going to take a pill no matter how bad it got. I quit hydro and benzos ct and it hurt bad. I'm glad it hurt, though. It gives me something to remember.

That's what you have to do. Draw a line in the sand and say no more and mean it. Cut your supply any way you can. It will suck for awhile but it doesn't last forever. It's the best decision I ever made and I don't regret a second of it.

brian810 09-05-2014 12:49 PM

TE you are so right either sh** or get off pot or take the bull by the horns just do it right !!

TiredEnough 09-05-2014 01:18 PM

Right on, Brian. Remember, I'm nothing special and was in the exact same place you are. I was scared to death, beat down, worried, weak. My mind and the dope was telling me I can't do it, I can't live without pills, blah, blah, blah. It's all bull****. All of it.