SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part V (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/175292-fantabulous-secular-connections-check-part-v.html)

shockozulu 04-28-2009 01:48 PM

Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part V

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-iv-20.html

Continue on!

stone 04-28-2009 01:51 PM

:e124:

windysan 04-28-2009 02:10 PM

Surprise, I have gas !

gneiss 04-28-2009 02:14 PM

Geez Windy... thanks for the update. :lmao

Gypsy Feet 04-28-2009 02:17 PM

ok, which one of you is coming to cali for work and to hike? I can't find the post anywhere ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lunarise 04-28-2009 02:17 PM

HI PEEPS!

How is everyone today? ughh yeah guess windy already answered that question for him lol

Things here..not too bad...YEAH FOR THAT!

californiapoppy 04-28-2009 11:54 PM

Hi guys I'm back, all is well. Were you all good while I was away? My baby granddaughter learned to walk when I was there. You have a very proud grandmother here ! Hugs to all I'll catch up on what I missed soon

lunarise 04-29-2009 07:43 AM

Congrats Poppy!

Hows the rice coming?

Welcome back! :ghug3

Freepath 04-29-2009 08:06 PM

I’m going to slather my nipples with sterno and light them on fire.

Gypsy Feet 04-29-2009 08:30 PM

. . .Ouch!

gneiss 04-29-2009 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Phaleron (Post 2211783)
Can I help? :lmao

Wow. You firebug. :D

Let's see... Windy has gas, and we're lighting Freepath's nipples on fire. Just another night in SC I guess.

KindBird 04-30-2009 08:05 AM

Seems like a pyromania theme going here.. let's see... what can I ignite? Yikes - that nipple stuff makes me cringe!

Poppy - that grandbaby walking story is so sweet... ahhh.

Looks like all is good in secular-land... :ghug

gneiss 04-30-2009 08:23 AM

I was in a crunky mood yesterday, couldn't get out of it. Doing better now though. Taking a hike in a little while... looks like I'm hiking in the rain today. A few days ago I was out hiking and it started sprinkling. I raised a fist to the sky and told Mother Nature to do her worst... and finished my hike during a tornado watch. Guess that's the last time I do that. :D

KindBird 04-30-2009 12:01 PM

I love being out in the rain - somehow it feels like breaking the rules or someething.. I swim in the rain a lot - such fun to do backstroke and have the rain hitting your face.

Glad you are feeling better, gneiss.. as you say - have a gneiss day!

evmdimples 04-30-2009 12:42 PM

Jumping in with a big splash! I think I'll hang out with you guys for a while, what a great neighborhood! I remember walking during a big rainstorm, as a young teen, with my mom... we decided to enjoy it, I remember jumping into big ol' puddles splashing water all around... great fun, need to be doing more of that today, maybe a new tool for the recovery toolbox... face the rain, don't avoid it! Nice to meet you all! (ps: gneiss, energy was off all over the place yesterday, so glad it's a new day! - Freepath: I can't stop laughing!:)

Ananda 04-30-2009 12:46 PM

I'm scared to post here anymore.......i don't like the sound of burning......well you know :lmao

ok....i've got to focus on work at work....i'm outa here to do the right thing :)

doorknob 04-30-2009 01:15 PM

Just a little unwell... and extremely anxious today.

lunarise 04-30-2009 02:04 PM

:ghug s all around!

Gneiss~ Do you have special powers we should know about? Can you make it sunny too?

DK~ keep breathing.....thats all I can say....

uhmmmm little hot in here eh? lol You people crack me up!

Welcome dimples, if your not to scared from the fire pull up a rug..... lol

I remember once in middle school I had a couple girlfriends over. I lived on this pot holed gravel road. It had been raining all day and for some reason I got the fancy idea of going and playing in the puddles.....Man were we dirty and wet! Super fun though! lol Reminds me ... a few years ago huzzy and I went streakin in the backyard while it was raining at night a few years ago. Quite freeing! lol (we live in the middle of nowhere just FYI) lol

doorknob 04-30-2009 02:10 PM

Part of it is rebound anxiety and part of it is that we are in a dispute with our landlord, who sold us (rent to own) a trailer with a leaky roof that is full of mold and my gf has been sick from it for quite some time.

jamdls 04-30-2009 02:36 PM

It's been raining here off an all week and it's been wonderful! I love rain as long as I don't have to drive it it. It was pouring when I woke up this morning and I just wanted to stay in bed but like a good girl I got up and came to work and now the sun is shining and that makes me happy too and tomorrow is Friday which mean I get 2 days offf work so life is good.

gneiss 04-30-2009 03:54 PM

Tried out another new trail today, and it rained most of the time I was out. Pretty cool. It was a little shorter than the other trails but a lot more challenging with steep muddy hills to climb up and down.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3663/img0079jio.jpg
Waterfall

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1078/img0086s.jpg
Snapdragons

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3810/img0100o.jpg
Raindrops

windysan 04-30-2009 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by doorknob (Post 2212711)
Part of it is rebound anxiety and part of it is that we are in a dispute with our landlord, who sold us (rent to own) a trailer with a leaky roof that is full of mold and my gf has been sick from it for quite some time.

If you're kind of stuck in the house for awhile you might want to get some cool coat and paint it over the roof of that trailer. You gotta get to the source of the mold...the moisture...then the mold will go away.

windysan 04-30-2009 04:57 PM

Oh yeah, if he knew about the leaky roof and the mold and he didn't disclose it to you when y'all signed the contract then you need to get a lawyer. You can nail his @ss real good if she's sick. Have a mold inspection done, get the lawyer, get the jerk's sweet moolah.

Listen to Uncle Rico.

http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/...ey1-750701.jpg

doorknob 04-30-2009 05:11 PM

He claims he didn't know. If I had known, I could have coated the roof before winter, but we didn't know anything about trailers. We just needed a place to live really bad. The tenants before us left this place trashed and disgustingly dirty and we worked our a$$ off to clean it up (while we were living in it). We accepted it as-is and got a "special price", but didn't know the roof wasn't water tight. Water leaked into the walls all winter long. We just want out of the contract and to get our $1,500 down payment back, plus the extra $30 bucks a month for the lease option. We should get more for what my gf has had to go through while we've been here, but... I got some numbers to call for legal advice tomorrow.

windysan 04-30-2009 07:28 PM

I betcha he knew. If you can get in touch with his former tenants I bet they don't like the guy and I bet they'd testify that he knew about the mold. Try using the carrot but I bet that if you take him to court the judge'll see it your way. Did you sign an "as is" waiver?

doorknob 04-30-2009 08:01 PM

There isn't anything in the contract that says "as-is" and there is a clause that says; "Seller warrants to purchaser that the mechanical equipment, electrical, gas and heating systems, and water and plumbing systems and all built in appliances are and will at close of escrow be in good operating condition and that the roof is watertight." Of course, we moved in in the middle of the summer, when this area is dry as a bone.

And our neighbors are good friends with the previous tenants, who also don't much care for this company. Now I know why they left the place the way they did.