SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part III (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/168992-fantabulous-secular-connections-check-part-iii.html)

Eroica 03-08-2009 05:50 AM

Had a few slips last week, but back on track today! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

allport 03-08-2009 06:12 AM

Eroica I'm sorry to hear that you slipped but relieved you made it through, I think there are a lot of us having a hard time at the moment, but we can do it!

Fubarcdn 03-08-2009 08:44 AM

Good morning all. Should be a good day today. Turkey for dinner. I have heard they no longer have a Turkey for dinner at the White House. :)

KindBird 03-08-2009 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn (Post 2140622)
Turkey for dinner. :)

I love turkey dinner - and lunch and sandwiches.. and..
We have lots of wild turkeys in CA now - moving into the urban areas even. don't know if people hunt them but I can picture them on the dinner table and I am not a hunter but their populations are getting out of control.. the predator in me comes alive when I see those flocks and think about cranberry sauce with..

Sunny day here and working in the garden with my husband - one of the best thing I can think of doing all day - makes me feel very very fortunate - even have good soil! Time for some spring planting in northern CA.

Have a good sober day out there :ghug

Fubarcdn 03-08-2009 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by KindBird (Post 2140841)
I love turkey dinner - and lunch and sandwiches.. and..
We have lots of wild turkeys in CA now - moving into the urban areas even. don't know if people hunt them but I can picture them on the dinner table and I am not a hunter but their populations are getting out of control.. the predator in me comes alive when I see those flocks and think about cranberry sauce with..

:ghug

This brings back a memory of how I am such a city slicker.
I went to a party a while ago at a friends in the country and one got brought a bottle of wild turkey (liquor) and was giving everyone shots to celebrate the first kill of wild turkey season.
I never heard of a wild turkey so I was sure they were just trying to play a joke on the city kid and it ended up that the joke was on me for not knowing what a wild turkey is. Apparently if you cook them right it tastes even better than domestic turkey so get the shotgun out. :)

shockozulu 03-08-2009 07:19 PM

I only had a wild turkey once but it was much better than a domestic one.

While I'm here I might as well check in with all of you. I have the biggest presentation of my academic career tomorrow and just signed up for my Law School Admissions test in June. So basically I'm studying studying studying.

TryingSoHard 03-08-2009 08:06 PM

Wow! Good luck, good luck, good luck!

Dee74 03-08-2009 08:07 PM

good luck tomorrow alera!

D

suki44883 03-08-2009 08:19 PM

Yo!

doorknob 03-08-2009 08:34 PM

Thought I'd share this link:

Stories from the High & Dry: Atheists and Agnostics

gneiss 03-08-2009 08:54 PM

Think I'd better take a break from SR for a while. I have too much going on, I'm totally stressed out for no real reason, and it's making me mean. I don't want to hinder anyone else in their recovery.

Sorry bugs, and everyone else.

See you around.

Fubarcdn 03-09-2009 01:21 AM

I hope you stick around Gneiss.
If you feel you need a break though make sure it is a positive one because we need you back here.

lunarise 03-09-2009 02:27 AM

hey there peeps, just checkin in, saying hello, making the rounds,beatin the dead horse lol
Just kidding :lmao

Gneiss, you will be missed, I hope you find yourself refreshed and come back soon!

Things in this neck are all right today....pretty fine actually.
I guess I dont have much too say except hello.....lol

:ghug

Ananda 03-09-2009 05:06 AM

OK...enough is enough...breaks are not a good idea! Gneiss....get your but back here....

If i go fiddle farting around and not posting PLEASE call me on my sht guys...its just a way to put up walls..to protect me from you or you from me and in the end it leads to bad things.

work through it and do the deal...don't drink if your ass falls off and make the fecking changes you need to make to not go mad....

use that stuborn streak to hang in there. every "character defect" (soory aa term) can be put to good use and become an asset...just apply it correctly to the correct problem.

jeez...i'm gonna be late to work...

hopin maybe stoney will put in an appearance here...

DK don't be a smuck...start posting...

Dee74 03-09-2009 05:48 AM

Not everyone takes breaks to be NEFARIOUS tho Nands :)

I'm off for one any day now...got lots to do in the real world....and I need a break.

It's not personal honest LOL.

I really find it useful to remember SR is a part of my life, not the whole of my life...cos it can get to seeming that way at times.....

That being said I think breaks can be sometimes stupidspeak for isolation I agree...and Stone DK Bam and Gneiss (and anyone I've missed) would all be better off under yr watchful eye LOL :05:

Night all!

D

Ananda 03-09-2009 07:42 AM

god he is using big words.......

KindBird 03-09-2009 09:22 AM

Good to see you back around DK.. and will miss you in your break gneiss..

And huge good luck to you today Alera with your presentation..

Good being here with all of you :ghug

allport 03-09-2009 09:30 AM

Gneiss don't go anywhere, just read if you feel that you can't trust yourself to post.

And DK if you are still wanting to have a break make sure you pop in now and then.

Best of luck Alera and I would like to thank you for the CBA meeting on Saturday it was really helpful. x

doorknob 03-09-2009 09:43 AM

Take a break, lol... with a working computer, is like a crackhead with a loaded pipe saying their gonna save it for tomorrow. :lmao

allport 03-09-2009 11:05 AM

:lmao Thought it might be harder than it sounds DK!