SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part III (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/168992-fantabulous-secular-connections-check-part-iii.html)

doorknob 02-10-2009 02:13 PM

Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part III

Here ya go, Bam! :D

stone 02-10-2009 02:17 PM

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/7081/bagwe3.gif

TryingSoHard 02-10-2009 02:19 PM

:dance8:

:c018:

Dang it, I was gonna kick this thread off with some random duckies, but now I can't find them!! Oh well.

Bamboozle 02-10-2009 02:40 PM

YES!

Thanks, DK. :)

stone 02-10-2009 02:43 PM

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/3809/kuak7wp.gifhttp://www.clipart.co.uk/clipart/maz...mated/duck.gif

Bamboozle 02-10-2009 04:04 PM

Count Chocula just doesn't have as many marshmallows as it used to. :(

doorknob 02-10-2009 04:30 PM

Hey Bam, the Blueberry Muffin Frosted Mini-Wheats are good too... the only thing I like marshmallows in is hot cocoa and rocky road ice cream.

Bamboozle 02-10-2009 04:35 PM

I like marshmallow cream, too...

TryingSoHard 02-10-2009 06:33 PM

DK!!! Don't tempt me with information like that.

Just wrapping up today's festivities (6-year-old-son's birthday). Long but fun day. I'll be busy uploading pictures for a while now. ;)

Stone! Thanks for the duck!

Bamboozle 02-10-2009 11:00 PM

Up now, debating whether or not to go to the ER. Some chest pain woke me up...but it only hurt when I laid on my side or tightened my chest muscles....it was enough to make me notice, though. It's probably these freaking pills I'm taking...the ones that gave me abdominal cramping just last week. I HATE taking pills.

The pain is not nearly as bad right now...in fact, not even close. WTF?

This really f*ckin sucks....the doc's office isn't open for another 6-7 hours or so.

I'm trying to stay calm and think rationally.

Bamboozle 02-10-2009 11:43 PM

Just talked to my dad (we're speaking again). He doesn't seem concerned (honestly), so I'm going to sit on it and wait and see if the pain comes back. I already know what someone is going to say...that I'm stupid for waiting. You're right. I don't suggest anyone else wait.

Other than being tired (I've been having sleep problems lately) and my stomach being upset (that happens frequently), I feel fine.

Ahh...now even the lingering pain is gone. Good.

Dee74 02-10-2009 11:54 PM

Sorry I missed this before Bam - I glad you're feeling better :)

D

allport 02-11-2009 01:55 AM

Bam when do you see the cardiologist, it seems like this is starting to take over your life!

Hope things improve soon. :Val004:

Bamboozle 02-11-2009 02:07 AM

It is an obsession right now...I had an echo done a couple of days ago...I'm waiting for them to call with the results. At least I'm not stressing out about it as much as I could be (I used to be worse with the worrying). I'm still thinking too much, though. :) As it stands right now, I go back for another appointment in less than two months. I'm sure they'll get me in sooner if it's something to worry about. I'll just have to see...maybe a couple of more days?

I'm sorry I'm going on about this so much. :) Thanks for caring, allport. :wavey:

coffeenut 02-11-2009 05:27 AM

Hey, Bam. Sometimes thinking about something makes it even worse...anyway it does for me. I hope you feel better Quickly!

Happy Wednesday, All! Sure wish someone around here would make some banana bread with pecans in it!

Have a Great Sober Wednesday! Yes!

TryingSoHard 02-11-2009 06:09 AM

*yawn*

coffee, I make a mean batch of banana bread, but I leave the nuts out. But I could make a loaf just for you... ;)

After I go back to bed for a bit, that is...

doorknob 02-11-2009 06:17 AM

Phal, just in case you didn't see it on the last thread...

Originally Posted by Phaleron (Post 2102600)
Drive down my way! ;)

Hey, maybe we could meet somewhere in between. I'll take a look at the map and see if anything looks interesting. :)

Welcome to Odessa

spark42 02-11-2009 06:23 AM

Good day to you all!

Feeling good - waiting to hear back on my job application. As it's the first job i've applied for in years i'm prepared for it being a non-starter and hearing nothing though!

Bam, with my mum and her heart attack recently we were told off by the doc for not dialling 999 initially. Their advice in general was call an ambulance or see a doc if anyone has chest pains - no need for hospital as they can check you out with an ecg to see what's going on... Not trying to worry you, it's just the advice we were given. Hope you're feeling better?

Hope you're all well?

Was at my probation course for drunk drivers last night and this girl there was drunk - she turns up drunk every week. Then proceeds to say "we're not all raging alcoholics in here though"! Feel bad for her as she's on a rough old journey, and it'll get worse if she doesn't wake up to it.

Just reminds me of where i was a few years ago, and where i don't want to go back to. Kind of glad and grateful and sad. Odd mix of emotions.

TryingSoHard 02-11-2009 06:54 AM

I know what you mean about that mix of grateful and sad. The two don't really go together and it makes for a fairly uncomfortable feeling.

Fubarcdn 02-11-2009 07:26 AM

Good morning all.
Are you OK bam?
Still fighting this cold so not too cheerful today.

least 02-11-2009 07:35 AM

I'm too techno-ignorant to quote, but the "church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence" gave me a good laugh for the day!!! :lmao

doorknob 02-11-2009 07:43 AM

Good to see ya over here, Least! You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile... :lmao

masseyman 02-11-2009 07:52 AM

First time over here, don't know that I'll fit in real good....
but some of you here I've learned from....
and if your always here....
and I'm always somewhere else....
that doesn't work too good.....

Just don't want to miss out hearing from valuable folks like you.

I'll sit in the corner and listen. Is that ok?

Ananda 02-11-2009 07:57 AM

So far they've been nice to me (psst....i do aa ) :lmao

doorknob 02-11-2009 07:57 AM

Thanks, Massey. Good to have ya here! :)

masseyman 02-11-2009 08:06 AM

I don't do aa either ananda, don't agree or disagree with it. To each their own in this fight for sobriety.

I'm also not a secular person, as you may know.... however, I value honest opinion and well thought out personal introspection....stuff like that, no matter if I agree or disagree with the belief system it comes from.

That's why I snuck on over here...what you folks say matters to me

desertdonna 02-11-2009 08:26 AM

I know you all think I fell into the abyss and have been ASSIMILATED! :lmao

Nah, I was away for a week visiting my daughter and her family in chilly Minneapolis.

Obviously, I haven't been to a meeting since but went last night (okay, do the big shudder now) and got a gentle ass chewing for not letting anyone know I was going to be out of town. It was kind of touching knowing that peeps care if you're there or not, godless heathen that I am and all.

Glad to see all secularists alive and thriving. Saw that Tomas aka Mr. Kon Tiki got everyone in a stir and has left the building. Talk about group conscience in action, wowza.

Hugs to everyone,

Donna

TryingSoHard 02-11-2009 12:05 PM

Welcome Massey :)

Hi Donna!! Glad you made it out of frozen MN. ;)

gneiss 02-11-2009 06:17 PM

Still here, still a druggie. Ha ha. Exams are coming up so I've been busy and not really checking in. Starting to realize maybe it's not such a bad thing if BF and I are friends and that's it... he's a wonderful person when he's clean but not a very good influence on me. Love him to death but I can't take the drug use.

Today I mark 6 weeks clean.

TryingSoHard 02-11-2009 06:24 PM

Hi Gneiss, good to hear from you. Congrats on the 6 weeks, sweetie.

Heard anything from those other schools yet?