SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   S.C. Check-in (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/122648-s-c-check.html)

shockozulu 09-05-2008 01:50 PM

ananda, you did the link perfect. Thanks for the info. It has so much good stuff for recovery in there. I have noticed lately I've been isolating, which is a major red flag for me I need to work on recovery so I don't go back. I am going to print out that post.

As for my daily check in, I am doing good. Got my latin textbooks and also bought a copy of Harry Potter 1 in Latin as an incentive to stay in class.

doorknob 09-05-2008 02:05 PM

Don't forget...

This should now be a time of genital pampering.
:chairfall

Dee74 09-05-2008 04:50 PM

:lmao Paul

I'm doing ok...bit battered physically and mentally...but not down :)

bad thing about today is I have to clean up....good thing....um...

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...e_2008/WTF.jpg

LOL

OK I'm alive, it's a gorgeous day, I'm loved...I'm looking at 18 months next month - that is a good thing, even if it has become the norm now, it still often seems like last week I was drinking all day every day

D

doorknob 09-05-2008 07:33 PM

I'm looking at 18 days (I think) when I go to bed, which may be soon even though it's only 7:30 here. I had a pretty good day, especially compared to that last few. Had a little energy, went to the elementary school to talk to the principal about teaching tumbling classes after school.. Homer turned me on to a great karaoke site, looking forward to playing with that some more this weekend...

That's a great pic, Dee. I love Huskies. My last dog that I had for 15 years was part Husky, I believe. He had those blue eyes...

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../BluePaul1.jpg

zendust 09-05-2008 08:06 PM

Aw...adorable.

(Both of you!)

;)

doorknob 09-05-2008 08:13 PM

I had to let him go about a year and a half ago. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Ananda 09-05-2008 08:31 PM

I agree with Zendust! Liked your song on the other thread.

So I'm ok....slightly parinoid STILL.

But I'm getting stuff done and now have a house I can stand to sit in.

At least I don't care so much what others think of me...but i still think they think it :)

(and don't care in a positive loving way, not the pissed closing down way)

:ghug2

Ananda 09-10-2008 06:07 AM

I llike the check in thread :)

DK...i saw you tried to pm me back.....sorry....got in a pm converstaiton with someone and forgot to clean out the box.

I am doing ok this morning..maybe a little oversensitive, but not too bad. I did oversleep...another form of self defeating behavior that I need to work on.

I need to be sure to keep an eye on the little ways I can make things harder for myself...a little bit here and there can add up over time.

hope everyone will have a day with more enjoyment than hardship!!!!

:ghug2

zendust 09-10-2008 07:26 AM

Thank you ananda. I hope your day goes well also!

Big hugs all around.
:ghug

shockozulu 09-10-2008 11:32 AM

Been doing the oversleeping thing too here. However, at least part of it is due to fact I started the Lyrica back again. That stuff works wonders on my pain and mood, but makes me a little sleepy the next day.

Ananda 09-10-2008 04:51 PM

hey DK! How about a check in.....you ok????

Wondering when you start work.

doorknob 09-10-2008 05:33 PM

I'm aaight.. start work monday.

Zencat 09-11-2008 04:50 PM

Feeling a bit down this week. Mom had a pace maker put in Monday. That was scary, hell anything to do with my mom's health is scary these days. She is in her early 90's, so yea, what can I say. My girlfriend moved into a new apartment with her HUD section 8 voucher. She used to live one door down from me, so its weird not being able to check-in with he like I used to. But other than that, I still plug away 'one day at a time' sober-n-clean.

I need to be sure to keep an eye on the little ways I can make things harder for myself...a little bit here and there can add up over time.
Me too Ananda, thanks for the reminder.

Ananda 09-11-2008 05:42 PM

Sorta going with the flow today....did the things I needed to attend to, progressing on work projects and the home project too. Have been using the tool of just taking the next step...and now it's feeling pretty comfortable.

windysan 09-11-2008 05:52 PM

I'm here I think.

doorknob 09-11-2008 06:07 PM

I ate too many cookies...

:doggy:

Ananda 09-11-2008 06:12 PM

DK.....STOP IT!!!!!

:ghug3

:18:

Ananda 09-16-2008 05:12 AM

I'm ok today.....miss all my friends here it seems like it's been a while.

DK - hope your first night at work went well.

SS and Bam....how are you all doing?

Windy...Zencat...Zendust.....hope all is well with you!

:day4

doorknob 09-16-2008 09:21 AM

First night went okay.

Bamboozle 09-16-2008 09:26 AM

Hello, ananda. I'm doing alright (which for me is well!). Trying hard to get over my rekindled junk food habit. How are you?