SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   What I’ve become after booze - Weekenders 28 - 31 January 2022 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/457394-what-i-ve-become-after-booze-weekenders-28-31-january-2022-a.html)

least 01-31-2022 05:54 PM

(((PJ))) I am sorry you're being bothered by this. :hug: Sending you hugs and strength from Ohio! :hug: Some cold winds too. That might be a relief. :hug:

Billie is sleeping peacefully on her blankie. :) And I covered her with her other blankie. :) Now she's snug as a bug in a rug. :)

I'm indulging my fondness for dark chocolate with my fave M and Ms dark chocolate. Yum! :) They're not as good as European dark chocolate. :) But I still love them. :)

PhoenixJ 01-31-2022 07:30 PM

I know I am ok...thankyou SR people, some days get frustrating

Mags1 01-31-2022 07:53 PM

Hiya Weekenders:wave:

PJ, sending hugs from me too. :hug:

Marty pleased your daughter arrived safely. Sorry work still has its difficulties. It’s hard not to get involved when you’re in the thick of it.

Captain, I don’t think I’d risk the water when there’s a chance of hungry sharks looming up on me. :) probably would’ve when I was younger though.

Mum-in law had vertigo this last week and what with her Alzheimer’s it’s been a very confusing week for her. She seems to be getting better from that but is still wobbly on her feet. It’s been a rather hectic and tiring week for us.

I'm glad alcohol isn’t in the mix for me anymore. Life might be tough sometimes but it’s so much easier without booze.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx

calmself 01-31-2022 09:36 PM

End of Day 79. Ran 3.5 miles at the gym and had a good dinner. Hoping all of us have a sober day ahead!

While going to the gym, I saw a small puppy alone near the community mailbox. Poor thing was running around here and there without knowing where it was. I went around the community looking and asking whoever I saw. Finally the owner came around and we went and got the dog, the owner was in tears and thanked me. Feel great I was able to help that little puppy.

Good night from Seattle!

Mags1 02-01-2022 01:27 AM

Goodnight calmself. So pleased you help the puppy find it’s owner. :) Congratulations on 79 days :c011:

Robbie64 02-01-2022 01:52 AM

Morning Weekenders :)

Congratulations on 79 days calmself. Also good news that you were able to help reunite the puppy with its owner.

The wind is picking up outside and it's forecast to be blowing strong all day. It should make my morning walk a bit more lively.

Take care everyone.

Cityboy 02-01-2022 02:52 AM

Calmself, great job with the puppy and its owner.

Captain, the thought of large sharks is quite terrifying. There are a lot where we snorkel and fish on the Florida coast, but most are under six feet. Occasionally we see a very large tiger, hammerhead, or mako. We went on a snorkeling boat while on vacation a few years ago and saw some behemoths from the boat, but thankfully not while snorkeling.

If sharknado is an actual word, then sharky should definitely be a word.

saoutchik 02-01-2022 08:39 AM

Good work on reuniting that puppy with its owner calmself. That must have felt great. If you were still drinking you probably wouldn't have gone to the gym and so would never have spotted the young pooch. A home run for sobriety if ever there was one.

When I turned up for work this morning there was a lot of police activity on the other side of the industrial estate to where we are. Apparently they had raided a premises earlier that morning. Not sure what it is all about, they have gone now.

February already, I can hardly believe it. I don't like the word February - saying it or typing it. Too much going on in that word if you ask me.

saoutchik 02-01-2022 09:56 AM

Talking of criminal activity, my granny once did a hold up Post Office. She didn't have a gun or anything she was just very chatty.

Free2bme888 02-01-2022 11:56 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/Pxn20xfF/BA994-...-AEBCE4418.png

Dee74 02-01-2022 11:57 AM

:lmao

D

Free2bme888 02-01-2022 11:58 AM

Sao. Agree. It’s like library. Is it LI BRARrrrY or LIBARY?

Feb U ary or FEB ru Rary? 😫🤯🤓

Free2bme888 02-01-2022 03:09 PM

Three hardest words/phrases in English:

1). I need help

2). I’m sorry

3). Worcestershire sauce 😁

Cityboy 02-01-2022 03:29 PM

Yes, nothing like a little police activity at work to break the monotony.

... or a dog named shark.

MesaMan 02-01-2022 04:32 PM

Back in The Stone Age, I went to the famous Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood to see the opening run of 'Jaws'. A large damn deal. This is where numerous Film Stars have put their Handprints and signatures into wet Concrete in the front Patio. Subwoofer Speakers had just been designed, and were used at Wall-shaking volume. I'll never forget some Folks being so upset at that Film intensity, they just couldn't take it. Along with such Audio, some just got up and ran out of the Theater. Mister Sound Engineer, here, was diggin' it.

Later, the wry Tee Shirt came out: 'Why Didn't People Turn Around And Look When That Music Started'?

PhoenixJ 02-01-2022 05:00 PM

I am having a lot of difficulty with very slow internet, that times out. So just a brief hi, but not reading back..

least 02-01-2022 05:55 PM

PJ, I hope your internet connection gets better. :hug: I know how frustrating it is to not have internet when we're so used to having it.

Caramel 02-01-2022 06:21 PM

very slow internet
Mine was very slow 9 hours or so ago, seems alright now. Have seen similar complaints from others in different areas.
I wondered whether there'd been a solar flare or something else in the aether affecting it. :peek

Mags1 02-01-2022 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by MesaMan (Post 7760767)

Later, the wry Tee Shirt came out: 'Why Didn't People Turn Around And Look When That Music Started'?

:lmao

Free, I love that!

CityBoy :lmao

PJ, hope your internet sorts itself out. Mine’s been slow also. Have we got that thingy we had last year. Mercury or something? :dunno:

calmself 02-01-2022 08:55 PM

End of 80 days. Unbelievable that I could go without beer for so long. Had a long day at work, congrats to all milestones. Good night from freezing Seattle!