SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I keep getting knocked down (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/457273-i-keep-getting-knocked-down.html)

Hevyn 01-22-2022 10:47 AM

Alpine - It's incredibly generous of you to be there helping your MIL & mother while away from your husband. As others have said - not sure I could pull that off.
Understandable & no surprise that you've found it so challenging & are seeking relief. I'm glad you posted - venting is essential at times. I hope the time flies & your situation changes before you know it. Hoping happier days are on the horizon for you and your family.
We care. :hug:

Alpine 01-22-2022 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by fishkiller (Post 7755518)
I am sorry if I came across as condescending. Snowflake never crossed my mind.
I sometimes do not communicate well.
I never intended to say you were not special or needed special attention.
I just wanted to point out that nothing is worth drinking over.
We have all been there and none of us have ever been glad we drank because of it.

What you are doing takes strength and courage. Something snowflakes do not possess.

You are special. It takes a special person to do what you are doing. Never feel differently. It is a fact.

Oh gosh no I did not mean it to come across that way at all. I just know everyone has issues and me complaining about my issues when they could be far worse just makes me feel bad to vent. My issues are so trivial compared to many. So please know it was more a jab against me then you. I have seen your posts and you are nothing but supportive.

fishkiller 01-22-2022 04:06 PM

Ok. Sorry I get a little paranoid I come off wrong sometimes. It happens.

Don't belittle your problems. There are important to you so they are important.
Venting is healthy and encouraged.

I did some venting today with some woe is me stuff so we are all guilty of it. That's OK. Its how we learn and heal.

least 01-22-2022 04:12 PM

(((Alpine))) never feel bad about expressing your feelings. :hug: That's why we exist, to hear you out and offer ideas based on our own experience. :hug:

Don't compare your troubles with others. Each person has their own situation and their grievances are valid. You're in a tough position and you have the right to vent. :hug: Sometimes it can make all the difference in the world just to know you are have been heard and that you matter. :hug:

VikingGF 01-22-2022 06:47 PM

Alpine-
Yes, it does sound like life is testing you right now, but you're dealing with it. It's hard to care for family with dementia, be separated from your support system and moving all at the same time. But with alcohol in the mix, it's damn impossible. I see you as crazy strong and impressive, carrying all that burden. Like anything, it won't be forever and you will get through it. You have us! Feel free to vent, anytime.

Depending on where you live, a Council on Aging may be able to supply you with resources to help with your mom, and if she falls again, have EMS (they WILL get in) come and take her to the ER and ask for the hospital to consider sending her to an inpatient rehab facility. If she can't get up on her own, it's a valid request. From there, you'll have more people to support you in moving her to an appropriate level of care. They will also assess her ability to make her own decisions and possibly activate her health care proxy, if it's appropriate. There will have to be a SAFE environment for her to go home to, so if there is a situation with the house, your sister can deal with it.

I hope it all gets easier soon, stay strong. You're doing great.

Triggered 01-23-2022 03:44 AM

Hi Alpine.

My mother has dementia and is at constant risk of falling. I have forgone any notion of going to work to be with her 24/7. The most that my siblings can or will do is to call on her once or twice a month to have tea with her...yeah...tea. I suppose it may help to assuage their guilt.

I decided a while back to listen intently to any directions or suggestions they had and nod and smile politely. After they were gone I got on with the business that would make a practical difference to mine and my mothers living circumstances. None of them has ever questioned my decisions. I think they know I will simply offer to step aside and let them do it instead.

Alpine 01-23-2022 05:42 AM

Viking...Thanks..however, there is now way emergency responders would go down this hill at all. I lived there for 26 years. I know I would have to load her somehow into my car ..If my car was on the bottom and shoot her up the hill. People have refused to come down this hill even in good weather. When there are wet leaves I still need to use 4wd.

Alpine 01-23-2022 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by fishkiller (Post 7755614)
Ok. Sorry I get a little paranoid I come off wrong sometimes. It happens.

Don't belittle your problems. There are important to you so they are important.
Venting is healthy and encouraged.

I did some venting today with some woe is me stuff so we are all guilty of it. That's OK. Its how we learn and heal.

You did not come across as wrong. Things get lost in text and computer talk. As I said I truly appreciate your insight and know your are being supportive.

Alpine 01-23-2022 05:51 AM

All I really want is a hug from my husband..which I know will not happen for several weeks or possibly months.

Alpine 01-23-2022 05:53 AM

Just really sad and lost and could use companionship other then my MIL or Mom

Alpine 01-23-2022 06:18 AM

My Moms companionship is non existent

Alpine 01-23-2022 06:19 AM

So for the most part I am alone...

Mizz 01-23-2022 06:43 AM

We are here for you, Alpine. This forum is with you. I do understand how you are feeling.

When I get in an overwhelmed place I make a list of things that I am GRATEFUL for. No matter the situation there is always something that we can be grateful for. Make a list if you can. It may help for you to feel a little bit better about your situation.

Triggered 01-23-2022 07:02 AM

OK all....songs for Alpine

Send songs that always pick you up when youre down... here's mine:

https://youtu.be/So0ZrTwf8vI

come on you lot....what have you got?

least 01-23-2022 08:13 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Qkf2Jm6pc

fishkiller 01-23-2022 10:05 AM

Keep on venting
Everything is temporary

VikingGF 01-23-2022 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 7755798)
Viking...Thanks..however, there is now way emergency responders would go down this hill at all. I lived there for 26 years. I know I would have to load her somehow into my car ..If my car was on the bottom and shoot her up the hill. People have refused to come down this hill even in good weather. When there are wet leaves I still need to use 4wd.

Alpine- I didn't realize it was a weather-related situation- that is a scary obstacle for sure...

saoutchik 01-23-2022 03:18 PM

Sending positive vibes your way Alpine.

Alpine 01-24-2022 05:22 AM

Thanks for the videos. I just wish I could snap out of it, at least my pup slept with me last night vs my MIL. I know I did this to myself...Nobody forced me to drink and nobody forced me to live apart from Mr. Alpine and help my Mom and In-laws...It is just tough and would be so easy just to escape. Yes I know the issues will still be there but at least there would be a small escape.

Free2bme888 01-24-2022 05:46 AM

Hi Alpine,

Im so sorry it is tough.

Right now, sending a big hug from a tall skinny girl.

We both sew. Can you post a pic of a current project?