SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Baby Steps Weekenders ~ 05-08 November 2021 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/456144-baby-steps-weekenders-05-08-november-2021-a.html)

Cityboy 11-10-2021 04:55 AM

Polaroid, 7,130 minutes is definitely something.

Vman, it's been chilly in north Florida and we had a fire over the weekend. I need a better way to keep wood readily accessible as the woodshed is about 100 meters from the house.

PJ, in our 20s, some of my buddies would say "in the war days" referring to school, and as if we had suddenly become old and wise.

Mags, I hope the PT is/was productive and not so bad.

MLD, I hope the anxiety eases off for you soon. I feel some helplessness with my kid, and can mostly just hope and pray that through the drinking and all, I still managed to get him started in the right direction. It's mostly up to our kids now to decide their way in life, but doesn't mean we can't still be here for them and try to help.
There are such staffing shortages everywhere, I would think that it wouldnt be too hard to find an opportunity that may be better suited.

Aly, another prayer for your mom.

MLD51 11-10-2021 05:59 AM

Least, I have a tie-out like that for my little dog, and it works great. Usually I can take him out for a quick little stroll around the yard, but sometimes I'm busy when he wants to go out. This way he can go do his thing while I do something else. I thought about getting a fence but honestly, this is just fine. I hope the caudal works for you. My man friend has chronic pain (not as bad as yours) and it makes his life difficult. His only real option is a spinal fusion at this point, but he doesn't want to do it.

I actually left work a little early yesterday because the anxiety got so bad. I might need to go see someone about getting back on a low dose of medication. I weaned off the anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds I was taking, after I had 6 months of sobriety. Sometimes I'm fine, but I can feel the anxiety starting to interfere again. I don't want to get back to the point of misery because part of why I drank was anxiety, which then of course caused more anxiety, etc, etc. A terrible cycle to be stuck in.

MLD51 11-10-2021 09:12 AM

@Kaily Where are you? You ok?
Does anyone know what's up with her?

venuscat 11-10-2021 09:17 AM

No.....hoping she is alright. ❤️

Mags1 11-10-2021 09:42 AM

Marty, I’ve seen Kaily about on SR. I miss her posts too. :hug:
Hope your job situation gets better. And if your daughter has your common sense she’ll be ok when she moves away.

CityBoy, I was slow on the uptake with the song title there.

Physio went well. I’ve a sore right arm right down to the knuckles. :lol: I think I’m going to have to check out the tendons, bones and muscle in my fingers and hand! To have an idea what is happening when my fingers and wrist are pulled about.
The poor therapist pulled her back when she sneezed in the office, she was struggling to walk and move.

A nurse (there was plenty about for some reason 🙄)helped her and gave her paracetamol and a walking stick after checking she was ok to carry on working. I got the equipment we needed out of the cupboard for some of the exercises, to save her bending. I mentioned how ‘Zen spray’ helps me when I have back pain.

least 11-10-2021 09:52 AM

Feet hurt badly today. :(

But I'm tickled pink that nycsis got the pkg I sent her. A very old quilt done by our maternal grandma and a book of poetry she gave mom years ago. So at least there's something good about today. :)

CBS62 11-10-2021 09:55 AM

Hi everyone. I am finally feeling better from my nasty cold. I got out and took a walk yesterday. Still have congestion but feel better than I sound. As for Sarge, my GS dog, he is still acting strange. Although he enjoyed our walk yesterday and played fetch with a stick. I do think his strange behavior may be related to some pain he is having and he associates the pain to certain areas of the house and yard for some reason. I have made an appt. with the vet for Friday. Have to wait until my husband can accompany me because Sarg3 gets really neurotic at the vet and he is 100 pounds.

Thanks for all the well wishes and advice about Sarge.
Happy Hump Day:dance1:

Robbie64 11-10-2021 09:58 AM

Mags, if it wasn't so serious, the physiotherapist pulling her back after sneezing and ending up being helped by the patient would make for a comedy script! I hope she's OK though. I hope you are too.

least, I hope the pain can ease up :hug:

CBS, I hope your cold goes away soon. I also hope you can get to find out what is causing the behaviour in your GS.

Cityboy, I got the answer to the Final Jeopardy question straight away.

Take care, all.

venuscat 11-10-2021 10:22 AM

Hi CBS love....I am betting your dog has an ear thing.....either a tic or an infection maybe.....it can make them super-weird. Glad the vet is going to check this out. :hug: s

Feel better yourself too....and gosh, so much torture you have endured with your wrist dear Mags. I would be ding this:

https://i.imgur.com/uzydysC.gif

Alysheba 11-10-2021 10:30 AM

Venus, nice to see you. :hug:

venuscat 11-10-2021 10:43 AM

Love you Aly :hug: s xx ❤️

How is your mum today? And how are you? xx

Alysheba 11-10-2021 10:48 AM

Hanging in there. Thank you. I just talked to mom. I think she's a bit depressed. She broke her hip in 5 places and is still in pain. Now they've found a bunch a white blood cells in her kidneys and the antibiotics made it worse. So hopefully her kidneys are ok. Just praying for her. Only one person per family, the same person, has to go see her. My sister is designated, but it takes a bit of pressure off me. I'm still getting things in shape here and I have my ablation tomorrow. My other sister said she'd take me. I hope she can get out of bed in time!
Take good care. Thinking of you. :hug: :v8

venuscat 11-10-2021 10:50 AM

Oh my gosh....I would book a Lyft. Maybe. :)
I hope she comes through for you....surely she will.

Your poor mum....5 places....holy cow.... :(

Sending oodles of love to both of you. ❤️❤️

Alysheba 11-10-2021 10:53 AM

They won't let you take Uber or a Cab. I guess because they're liable for you being sedated and they only want a good friend or family member picking you up. I would take Uber if I could. Just hoping she comes through.
Thank you, friend. Love you too. :hug:

venuscat 11-10-2021 11:11 AM

Oh, of course. I forgot about that. I am sure your sister will come through for you honey. :hug: s ❤️

Alysheba 11-10-2021 11:14 AM

Thank you Venus! :tyou

saoutchik 11-10-2021 11:54 AM

Glad Kaily is posting. Good luck tomorrow Aly.

Busy day today and not especially productive, not a good combo. I have been invited to a retirement party tomorrow. I suppose i'm at an age when people I know are starting to retire. I have known this guy since at least 1981 so 40 years, good grief!

Yes, I've been brokenhearted
Blue since the day we parted
Why, why did I ever let you go?
Mamma mia, now I really know
My, my, I could never let you go

I think it's that one!

least 11-10-2021 12:20 PM

Glad Sarge has an appt with the vet to find out what's wrong. :hug:

Aly, good luck with your ablation tomorrow. Hope your sister gets you to the appt on time. :hug:

Well, my OT came and asked what I wanted to accomplish today and I told her I wanted to take a bath but was afraid of getting in and out of the tub. So she said, let's do it then. :) And stood by to offer support and assistance when I needed it. So at least I'm clean now and wearing clean clothes. :) I desperately wanted to take a bath so now am very happy that I did.

Mags1 11-10-2021 07:28 PM

Hiya to all Weekenders :wave:

Aly, gosh your poor mum’s hip. :hug: all the best for your ablation today love. Will be thinking of you. :hug:

Robbie, we did chuckle when she got herself seated and said that she should be looking after me not the other way round. Humour always comes to the fore in my mind but sometimes I bite my tongue nowadays.

Least I’m pleased the OT helped you with your bath. :hug:

Love to all Weekenders xxxx

Alysheba 11-10-2021 07:33 PM

Thank you so much! :tyou So grateful for my lovely friends here and the nice way you have of wording things! 💗☮💖💫💞💕☪

Mags1 11-10-2021 08:04 PM

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2021-a.html