SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Baby Steps Weekenders ~ 05-08 November 2021 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/456144-baby-steps-weekenders-05-08-november-2021-a.html)

Dee74 11-06-2021 03:13 PM

Prayers and best wishes to you and your mom Aly :grouphug:

D

least 11-06-2021 04:14 PM

My next door neighbor came over and fed Billie and took her out. :) I am so thankful for the kindness of my neighbors. :)

pline 11-06-2021 04:43 PM

...and back from the hour's walk. Sunny but windy, trip back against the wind tiring.
Got back, really sweaty. So, not out of this yet. Need another couple of days and
some real sleep. The meds I've been using are weird, you dream intensely, but don't
really sleep, just doze.

good to hear the dog was walked Least.

Alysheba 11-06-2021 05:10 PM

Thank you so much, all. I so appreciate you! :grouphug:

Free2bme888 11-06-2021 08:16 PM

Aly, sick parents can be so stressful. Glad you have sisters to help.

CBS, hope you feel better soon.

Pleine and Robbie, good for you on walking. They do reduce stress.

Least, glad you have nice neighbors you can count on. I think you’ll feel so much better after the 24th.

Hello everyone else, and those celebrating milestones !

SR is my main too, too Mags. Such a blessing to have found the site and somehow learned to navigate around. Still so much to learn and read.

Ending an evening her is US where clocks will change her tonight, I know my UK friends had theirs last week. It really throws me for a loop.

Went out to eat, no urge, but mad that I offered an explanation when no one questioned my club soda and lime order, that “I’m the DD”. Ugh. I need to get over it…..

least 11-06-2021 08:51 PM

Pline, actually my dog wasn't walked, just taken out in the dog yard to go potty. She hasn't been on a proper walk in over a month. :dee

My lovely neighbor in back came over on his way to work and took Billie out. Now she's good til morning. :)

Got my email address updated on my ISP account profile. Went to their fb chat and messaged them. A nice chat rep took care of it right away. :) Good customer service is not necessarily a thing of the past... :)

PhoenixJ 11-07-2021 01:40 AM

Prayers Aly

Willow00 11-07-2021 01:42 AM

Sending love and prayers to you and your Mom Aly :hug: ❤️

SnoozyQ 11-07-2021 02:47 AM

Sending you so much love Aly xx
😘

AL48 11-07-2021 03:52 AM

So sorry to hear of your Mom Aly. Its so hard, now its our turn to worry for our parents after spending their lives worrying about us. I hope all goes well.

Mags1 11-07-2021 05:43 AM

Al, that’s so true about us looking after our parents when they looked after us all our lives. My mum-in-law has Alzheimer’s and it can be challenging at times.

saoutchik 11-07-2021 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Evening Weekenders, I hope everyone got through Saturday without picking up. Sunday morning hangover free is a pretty good reward.

It was bright and not too cold today but it definitely felt like mid autumn by the canal where I saw the rare sight of a sailboat that had moored up.

least 11-07-2021 09:42 AM

Depressed and lonely and in pain, but at least I'm sober.

Karamazov 11-07-2021 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by least (Post 7722316)
Depressed and lonely and in pain, but at least I'm sober.

Sorry to hear this Least but great on sobriety. How long has it been for you now? I did read some of your posts on sciatica and that must be very painful. Is it one side or both sides?

Caramel 11-07-2021 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 7722310)
Evening Weekenders, I hope everyone got through Saturday without picking up. Sunday morning hangover free is a pretty good reward.

It was bright and not too cold today but it definitely felt like mid autumn by the canal where I saw the rare sight of a sailboat that had moored up.

Lovely photo, saoutchik - looks like an illustration from Arthur Ransome's The Coot Club or The Big Six :)

least 11-07-2021 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Karamazov (Post 7722324)
Sorry to hear this Least but great on sobriety. How long has it been for you now? I did read some of your posts on sciatica and that must be very painful. Is it one side or both sides?

It starts in my lower back and goes down both legs into my feet. It's on both sides. My feet feel the worst, numb and painful.

Tomorrow I'll have 11 yrs and 11 months sober. So at least there's that. :)

Karamazov 11-07-2021 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by least (Post 7722329)
It starts in my lower back and goes down both legs into my feet. It's on both sides. My feet feel the worst, numb and painful.

Firstly wow... Nearly 12 years! Truly amazing :amen: and I know how debilitating sciatica is as my mum has sciatica resulting from scoliosis... I hope you find some relief soon

CBS62 11-07-2021 10:32 AM

Least this has been such an ordeal for you. I am so sorry you are depressed, lonely and in pain. I share your depression. I am grateful I am not in pain. But I have had a terrible cold for a week. My PAWS symptoms seem to have worsened since my cold started. But at least we are sober! Congrats on your 11 years and 11 months! I am approaching 11 months on the 17th. I am glad you have Billie and so many helpful friends and family. Sending you good vibes. You're in my thoughts.:Flower:

least 11-07-2021 10:40 AM

The one thought always in my mind is that I'm glad I'm sober. :) I know how much worse it would be if I were drinking. At least that's one problem I don't have. :)

Mags1 11-07-2021 10:46 AM

Least, sending hugs and love. You must be feeling low, I’ve never heard you say lonely before with Billie there. :hug: it will pass and hopefully the horrible pain will too. xx

Saou, the colours are resplendent in the photo. Nice sailboat. Is that water a part of the Thames ?

I’m sure I heard bangers in the distance I guess people are making a weekend of fireworks.

saoutchik 11-07-2021 10:54 AM

Wishing you all the best least, I have posted in your thread.

Originally Posted by least (Post 7722329)

That's very appropriate in Armistice week, congratulations!

Thx Caramel. The spire is All Souls, one of the streets nearby has the dubious honour of having been bombed in both world wars (there were a few Zeppelin raids in WW1 although they were haphazard affairs)

least 11-07-2021 11:07 AM

On November 11th it will be 10 yrs since I lost my diabetic boy, Nikko. :( Doesn't seem that long.

Alysheba 11-07-2021 11:13 AM

So, sorry, Least about Nikko. :hug:
Congrats on almost a year!!! :c011:

least 11-07-2021 11:40 AM

(((Aly))) I am still praying for your mom and you for healing and peace. :hug:

Alysheba 11-07-2021 11:47 AM

Many thanks, Least. :hugs: And I you. 💗💟💫

pline 11-07-2021 03:56 PM

I don't have experience of sciatica or, thankfully, dementia.
But I do know about loneliness, do know about child loss.
So empathy and sympathy for you all.....
But all any of us can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep going.
All the best ppl.

Mags1 11-07-2021 07:46 PM

Hiya Weekenders:wave:

pline, so very true and apt. One foot in front of the other has given me good groundwork in all ways. :hug:

Least congratulations on 11 years 11 months. :You_Rock_ Wonderful and I bet it doesn’t seem so long ago.

At the physio this morning and she has warned me it will hurt! :eek: She says she feels give in my fingers so going to try and straighten them. I don’t mind pain (to a certain degree) so much as long as nothing is damaged inside my wrist.
I’ll have to keep my other hand firmly out the way because instinct is to grab her hand and stop her if it gets excruciating. :a043:

Love to all xxxx

Willow00 11-07-2021 09:43 PM

I hope it’s not too bad Mags :hug: ❤️

Dee74 11-07-2021 10:13 PM

I hope she's right and she can help Mags :hug:

D

theVman31 11-07-2021 10:24 PM

Hope you get well and pain free soon Mags.

Salutations to all the weekender afficionados !

Alls good in vmans land.
Getting to know the Sober Vinny is sometimes challenging.
But its definitely worth it over the misery when i was an active alcoholic...