SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of January 2021 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/451512-class-january-2021-a.html)

RAL 01-03-2021 03:35 PM

Lurking too like Lixie :)

Great to see so many people posting :)

Sorry you are having a rough time BTG :( You sound so committed and positive though which is fantastic. You can do this :)

Caramel 01-03-2021 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by PuckLuck (Post 7568903)
Tried to take a little nap this afternoon with limited success. Not feeling to well today, really. I don't know if I am coming down with a cold or the flu or what, but I had to take some medicine to help with stomach pain earlier. My plan is to just continue to take it easy, nothing heavy for dinner this evening. Probably watch something on Youtube or play some games. Drinking is definitely not on my mind thank goodness.

Keep an eye on how you feel, PuckLuck - get checked out if need be.
Best wishes.

phoebe64 01-03-2021 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Backtogood (Post 7568937)
I get it, (tho why were you at the er) me and hubs have been drinking partners for 20 years...

It’s all in a thread below that I started yesterday. I was getting very anxious about drinking destroying my health, then worrying about stopping cold turkey after many cautions against it. I was very anxious, heart pounding, and BP very high. I decided I needed to get checked out. I’ve had a few panic attacks before, even during sober periods. They did say I need to get on blood pressure meds this week. 😕. I disclosed my drinking and my worry about it.

Backtogood 01-03-2021 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by phoebe64 (Post 7568932)
Briefly about my day 2: I actually got out to pick up some items from Target. They just put it in the car, so quite safe. It was good to go for a drive. I made a big pot of chili, and just ate. So, feeling satiated, which helps with cravings. I’m still emotionally wrought enough right now that drinking seems unappealing. I feel very tired, but it’s only 6:15.

Originally Posted by RAL (Post 7568955)
Lurking too like Lixie :)

Great to see so many people posting :)

Sorry you are having a rough time BTG :( You sound so committed and positive though which is fantastic. You can do this :)

its a bitch tho, right? For me, getting on the wagon (sort of speak) and then staying on the wagon! Thx RAL, we have both been fighting for it lately, liked i said pity party today, I'm nailing 2marrow.

BEELS 01-03-2021 03:47 PM

Winding down on day 3.

not drinking on Sunday night and waking up well rested and not hungover tomorrow will feel amazing!

it’s a struggle though. Weekends are tough and heading back to work brings a level of anxious anticipation.

I think what Dee said—there just isn’t any trigger worth drinking over. Work is one of mine... and my 16 year old daughter being.., well.... a 16 year old.

today was the 3rd year anniversary of my moms death and sadly, my ex’s dad (my kids’ grandfarher) died unexpectedly this morning.

a tough time for my ex as his mom has been in and out of the hospital all year and his dad was her primary care taker at home. Trying to keep her out of assisted living due to Covid isn’t likely to last much longer. They live 1000 miles away so he has some tough choices awaiting.

it was a lot to process. Lost both my parents in 2018, my kids just lost their 3rd grandparent in 3 years to the date.

I could have drank over it. But I wrote, went for a walk, and later a swim. I ate healthy and drank lots of water.

I don’t drink alcohol anymore.
I keep telling myself that.

Supporting you on this journey.

B

WhiskeyBent 01-03-2021 03:48 PM

The last few days I have been having a nap. My body says go have a nap. I keep telling myself my body is repairing the damage from the booze. I can only imagine what my insides look like. Actually I would like to learn more about the damage done. Science is fun! lol. Knowing about the hurt can also motivate.

Backtogood 01-03-2021 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by phoebe64 (Post 7568957)
It’s all in a thread below that I started yesterday. I was getting very anxious about drinking destroying my health, then worrying about stopping cold turkey after many cautions against it. I was very anxious, heart pounding, and BP very high. I decided I needed to get checked out. I’ve had a few panic attacks before, even during sober periods. They did say I need to get on blood pressure meds this week. 😕. I disclosed my drinking and my worry about it.

sorry! I actually remember reading about that. I've always had anxiety and quitting drinking (the first 7 days especially) were really aww awful. (My opinion) but you should share with your doc, i don't know your story, but after personally, drinking for more years, then not, my health has suffered...but duh right?

venuscat 01-03-2021 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by BEELS (Post 7568959)
Winding down on day 3.

not drinking on Sunday night and waking up well rested and not hungover tomorrow will feel amazing!

it’s a struggle though. Weekends are tough and heading back to work brings a level of anxious anticipation.

I think what Dee said—there just isn’t any trigger worth drinking over. Work is one of mine... and my 16 year old daughter being.., well.... a 16 year old.

today was the 3rd year anniversary of my moms death and sadly, my ex’s dad (my kids’ grandfarher) died unexpectedly this morning.

a tough time for my ex as his mom has been in and out of the hospital all year and his dad was her primary care taker at home. Trying to keep her out of assisted living due to Covid isn’t likely to last much longer. They live 1000 miles away so he has some tough choices awaiting.

it was a lot to process. Lost both my parents in 2018, my kids just lost their 3rd grandparent in 3 years to the date.

I could have drank over it. But I wrote, went for a walk, and later a swim. I ate healthy and drank lots of water.

B

I am so very sorry Beels. :hug: s ❤️

phoebe64 01-03-2021 03:59 PM

That’s a lot, Beels. I’m so sorry. 💕

bandicoot2 01-03-2021 04:00 PM

Alcohol does so much damage to our body & brain and it takes time to heal. It's key to listen to your body - it knows what to do to repair itself.
WB - someone recently posted a link to a science based documentary. I think you and others may find it interesting. Will try to find it and post it here.

Here it is - Wasted - A Documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SucThhNPjn8

WhiskeyBent 01-03-2021 04:05 PM

hit me with the link. I would love a good doc. knowledge is power. Thanks BC2

Backtogood 01-03-2021 04:06 PM

Sorry Beels, that's alot to be going through. Makes my bs seem so small. Stay strong!

bandicoot2 01-03-2021 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent (Post 7568968)
hit me with the link. I would love a good doc. knowledge is power. Thanks BC2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SucThhNPjn8

WhiskeyBent 01-03-2021 04:18 PM

Thanks mate. I will check it out.

I am suffering from Alcoholic Gastritis. Need to dig into the literature about how to repair my insides.

Dee74 01-03-2021 04:22 PM

I'm sorry for your loss Beels but so proud of your resolve :)

D

BEELS 01-03-2021 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Backtogood (Post 7568970)
Sorry Beels, that's alot to be going through. Makes my bs seem so small. Stay strong!

we all have stuff... lots of sucky things come along with the ride. Hang in there b2g...I think putting yourself first is a good idea. On a plane they tell us to put on our oxygen first. Then we can help others. It will get better. But there is always turbulence!!!

WB—naps are the best. When I was really bad and quit the daily hard drinking, I felt like my brain was rebuilding. I would nap and need a lot of calories. It was weird but I think you are right—the body resetting.

im still trying to learn everyone in here, and I appreciate the well wishes. The good news is that they all led fulfilled, long lives, surrounded by lots of love and big families they could be proud of.

I want that too...

goodnight everyone.

B

venuscat 01-03-2021 04:27 PM

Nite Beels xx

GhostFace 01-03-2021 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by BEELS (Post 7568959)
Winding down on day 3.

B

possitive vibes

Dee74 01-03-2021 04:40 PM

Welcome GF :)

D

venuscat 01-03-2021 04:45 PM

Hi GhostFace....so good to meet you. :hug: ❤️