SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of January 2021 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/451512-class-january-2021-a.html)

venuscat 01-06-2021 10:00 AM

Rosegold honey.....normally I would say lots of people feel fluey in withdrawal....or flu-like symptoms, but at the moment, it is more concerning.
Especially in Cali. Have you taken your temperature? If it is up and you are coughing I would call a doctor I think. :hug: s

Sounds like a good plan for today dear Gutcheck.....and please make sure you are eating enough. :hug: s

WhiskeyBent 01-06-2021 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Scott2295 (Post 7570618)
Morning All - Just wanted to check in. Lots of new posts and welcome newcomers. Almost feel normal today. We are headed out for a ski day so I’ll catch up later on. Have a great day everyone.

Super jealous! Where you skiing? All the hills are closed down in these parts. I get there are saftey measures but outdoor skiing should be still allowed. Have a good day on the slopes.

Anna 01-06-2021 10:06 AM

Gutcheck, I hope you feel better soon, and I expect that you will. It's normal to feel some depression as your body adjusts to life without alcohol. It doesn't necessarily mean it will last, and hopefully you will see some improvement in the next week or so. I think it's good that are thinking about activities that don't involve alcohol, and hiking is a great option.

SilverSky, making a plan for next week is a great idea. That's something that helped me so much. Having a plan seemed to help me believe that things would be okay. :)

WhiskeyBent 01-06-2021 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Gutcheck (Post 7570665)
Hello. Day 6 and things are getting weird. I woke up this morning feeling hungover. Really weird. It went away pretty quick after some coffee but I am finding myself not living a very healthy lifestyle. I know I need to give it time but I used to (meaning like 7 days ago) get up, eat eggs, work, lunch, work, then workout for a substantial amount of time 2hrs or so, eat diner and then drink and go to bed. The last couple of days I haven't worked out at all and literally just laid in bed all day. I have never been depressed, but I believe I am depressed for the first time in my life and I don't like it. Lot's of feeling sorry for myself (which I hate) etc. I am not an emotional person but I am finding the break in routine to be extremely hard to cope with. I suppose I need to find a night hobby. Up to now I have been doing what I always do from 7-10 (former drinking hours): watching TV / movies or whatever. I am really worried my resolve is breaking.

Gutcheck - your not alone I get like this as well. Its hard to flip the switch and get stuck in your head. Try to do something that makes you happy. Music? Comedy? Phone a friend.

Exercise is the first to go when im depressed. And it is the thing that can lift your spirits up as well.

We are rooting for ya!

PuckLuck 01-06-2021 10:22 AM

Happy Birthday, James!

PuckLuck 01-06-2021 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by silversky (Post 7570673)
Happy Birthday James! :bday: I hope you have a better day. I'm glad you're here.

I can relate to the inner turmoil. It's maddening and I know the drink "seems" to help briefly then leads to greater emotional angst. It's a vicious cycle for sure. I still think healing and growth are possible. Not giving up. Here's to better days for all of us.

I used to think it would help briefly but then I remember how my style of drinking is... just sucking disgusting gasoline (vodka) straight from the bottle while chasing it with a diet soda. Absolutely dreadful way of drinking, but that was what I did forever... then I think about how sick it made me.....

PuckLuck 01-06-2021 10:35 AM

Whiskeybent, I am so sad that my Blues and your Chicago Blackhawks will not be playing each other this season! :P

Always look forward to those games.

JJ9 01-06-2021 10:36 AM

Day 6. Glad to be here!

Hard to keep up with the thread, every time I log in there are two more pages! Awesome! Wishing you all the best, stay strong! 2021 will be great if we can stay sober!!

BEELS 01-06-2021 11:01 AM

Happy Birthday, James.
Feel better Gutcheck. Healthy eating, drinking lots of water helps.
I am a profound user of the CALM app for all kinds of things.

Okay, this is my best attempt at a list. In no particular order, and if I forgot you, please don't feel slighted--just add your name. What a bunch we have!!!

jojo1965
jewel72
puckluck
phoebe64
rosegoldrose
erratic
lixie
gabe1980
robbie1964
venuscat
mysteryman
backtogood
countrystix
jj9
whiskeybent
silversky
gutcheck
mjenner2014
relena
Scott 2295
citygirl30
mcconnth2017
turtlegirl72

docbomb
be123
runswithspoons
fishkiller
mysteryman
RAL
countrystix
JulySeaCoast
Lwoids
Albasober
Caramel
JamesSquire
MissyPennington
Sobertoday54

**DEE-mod
**ANNA-mod

i miss a lot in this forum when i am working. what i have gathered? i know some like hockey...many of us have pets...gamers...runners...all with one goal in common....

B.

B.

BEELS 01-06-2021 11:04 AM

looks like countrystix is there twice...twice as nice!
B.

rosegoldrose 01-06-2021 11:18 AM

Happy Birthday James!!! :birthday

PuckLuck 01-06-2021 11:29 AM

Funny little story. At my last rehab stay, this kid was like you know how I know you were drinker? I'm like no, how? He goes because you always have a drink in your hand! I didn't even realize it, but he was right. I always did. lol

AL48 01-06-2021 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by BEELS (Post 7570715)
Happy Birthday, James.
Feel better Gutcheck. Healthy eating, drinking lots of water helps.
I am a profound user of the CALM app for all kinds of things.

Okay, this is my best attempt at a list. In no particular order, and if I forgot you, please don't feel slighted--just add your name. What a bunch we have!!!

jojo1965
jewel72
puckluck
phoebe64
rosegoldrose
erratic
lixie
gabe1980
robbie1964
venuscat
mysteryman
backtogood
countrystix
jj9
whiskeybent
silversky
gutcheck
mjenner2014
relena
Scott 2295
citygirl30
mcconnth2017
turtlegirl72

docbomb
be123
runswithspoons
fishkiller
mysteryman
RAL
countrystix
JulySeaCoast
Lwoids
Albasober
Caramel
JamesSquire
MissyPennington
Sobertoday54

**DEE-mod
**ANNA-mod

i miss a lot in this forum when i am working. what i have gathered? i know some like hockey...many of us have pets...gamers...runners...all with one goal in common....

B.

B.

AL48. I joined today it's my first time having the courage to join a group and talk about my addiction. On the upside sober 37days 20 hours not that I'm counting 🙂

PuckLuck 01-06-2021 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by AL48 (Post 7570757)
AL48. I joined today it's my first time having the courage to join a group and talk about my addiction. On the upside sober 37days 20 hours not that I'm counting 🙂

Welcome to the group, AL48!

MissyPennington 01-06-2021 12:15 PM

I so get this....Sad but true. Time to do something different

anxiousrock 01-06-2021 12:20 PM

Joining!!!

Dee74 01-06-2021 12:20 PM

Join us for part 2 of this thread here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

D