SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I've sold my shoes (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/447827-ive-sold-my-shoes.html)

taplow 06-27-2020 06:15 AM

Hi Surrendered19, yes AV has won today I'm afraid. Everyone's very complimentary about my writing but I'm just a man who stands in the rain. Drunks shouldn't be on here so I'm going to go offline to revel in this devil's consumption. People here won't want to hear me talking about, you know, stuff.
Tomorrow is like discovering America so that's where I'm aiming for.

taplow 06-27-2020 06:18 AM

Oh Lixie, I just read your post. Thankyou, you're lovely.

Fusion 06-27-2020 06:24 AM

Taplow, your alcohol-laced current drink, could be the last one for today, couldn't it, perhaps?

Surrendered19 06-27-2020 06:44 AM

On the contrary Taplow, when you are drinking is perhaps the best time to be on SR posting and trying to heal.

Obladi 06-27-2020 06:54 AM

tap, my stripedy friend, that's like saying AA is no place for people who are drinking. I've said that, and it's ludicrous.

I've also stayed away from here to wallow in my vodka, and that was counter-productive. Staying away was a service to the beast of my alcoholism. When I finally got up the desperation to keep posting was when I really started on the journey to getting better.

You don't know what I do and don't want to read, so I'll tell you - I want to read whatever you have to say because you need to say it. I'd like to help if you will let me. At minimum, I can just be here by your side.

If anyone doesn't want to read what you write, they can easily not do that. Don't martyr yourself in isolation - that only serves to embolden the beast.

O

Fusion 06-27-2020 07:51 AM

Yes Taplow, the Beast can become so bold that I believe it may lead some people to post on SR, saying they're not drinking....when they are!

So you've a head start over your Beast, telling the truth regarding your drinking. I'm here ready to listen.

taplow 06-27-2020 11:02 AM

Why shouldn't I post when drinking? Well, I've got a history of drunken posting and I certainly don't like reading it the next day. The main reason though is that many times on here for instance I've taken up a contrary position and then when I was defending myself my answering posts to the majority were removed and it looked like the imbecilic herd had rendered me into silence. I should add that I saw them as an imbecilic (is that a word?) herd because I was drunk - though they might well have been. I wouldn't doubt it. If there's 99 people who believe one thing and 1 who believes the opposite then go with the 1 because he must have a very good reason for standing up against everyone. Actually that's not true - for instance a man who repeatedly masturbates on public transport is probably not someone whose views should be treated with total respect.
I think posting when drinking is like any kind of addictive behaviour where I need to have a clear boundary. I can't just meander around because like most drunks I don't know when to stop. There's nothing to say anyway. Even if someone were examining me they'd only see mildew, dampness, apricots and the queen.

taplow 06-27-2020 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Obladi (Post 7467839)
tap, my stripedy friend
O

Obladi, me and you will always be stripedy friends with the stripediness paramount.

Obladi 06-27-2020 11:24 AM

Sure thing, tap. Pinkie paw promise.

I don't think you're being contrary at all, but you sure are being preemptively belligerent, now aren't you?

How about dropping the bit where you stun us into backing off and instead let us help you out of that hellhole?

taplow 06-27-2020 11:29 AM

I'm interested in preemptively beligerent. But isn't that usually the way when a man's been drinking?

Obladi 06-27-2020 11:35 AM

I dunno. I drank alone and I'm female.

You're not like just anyone else though, are you? What's behind the curtain?

Surrendered19 06-27-2020 11:35 AM

Imbecilic is indeed a word Taplow. It is an adjective of, relating to, or characteristic of all of us imbeciles, us contemptibly stupid herd dwellers. At least according to the urban dictionary.

taplow 06-27-2020 11:47 AM

Surrendered 19 if I thought everyone was an imbecile because they disagreed with me, I'm well aware it was because I was drunk at the time. I wasn't sure whether to add the 19 to your name. I thought if I left it off it might seem too informal. You might think that I don't know you well enough to be so familiar.

taplow 06-27-2020 11:50 AM

Obladi, what's behind the curtain? Remember, if it weren't for Venitian blinds it would be curtains for all of us.

Surrendered19 06-27-2020 11:54 AM

LOL!! No 19 necessary. I think we are well shut of formality. I wish you could say whatever you want and it would not get removed. Our drunk texting, emailing and posting are powerful reminders of what we do when silly drunk. And I, like others, absolutely think you should keep posting drunk, sober, hungover, screwed, blued or tattooed.

taplow 06-27-2020 11:56 AM

Surrendered19, love that.

taplow 06-27-2020 12:00 PM

Another reason for not posting when I'm drunk: I started this one and couldn't think what it was about by the time I got to write it. Anyway this is it, I hope you like it. I don't know when it ends, probably now. Maybe when I post it I'll see a previous one telling me that - no, I won't say it.

Fusion 06-27-2020 12:13 PM

It doesn't have to be this way, Taplow. I may be an imbecile when sober, but I sure as hell know I'm more of one when drinking. No finger pointing there, but when I researched how alcohol affected the brain, my brain, it disengaged my Higher Pre-Frontal Cortex and fully engaged the Lower Brain Limbic System (fight, flight, freeze brain) trying to keep me alive, even when it meant mistaking alcohol as a life-saver, and thereby killing me.

taplow 06-27-2020 12:35 PM

Thanks Tatsy, tomorrow is day 1. Hey I'm not calling everyone imbeciles. I'm just saying that in the heat of drunken debate I might have argued with people and then in my purple haze would have thought I was right and they were all wrong. Remember I was encouraged to post when drinking here in this very thread. Surely when reading this you'll agree that when I'm drinking I should stop posting. Maybe I didn't say that, I don't know.
I have a major declaration here but I don't know what it is. I remember once reading some words of wisdom that I really feel changed my life they were "Please do not use the toilet while the train is standing at the station."
I'm really finished now. Have a good day everyone.

Fusion 06-27-2020 12:53 PM

Oh Taplow, I understood your imbecile reference, no offence intended, nor taken: I was just talking about me. Because I'm more imbecilic when under the influence, and not quite so much when sober. I guess that's what SR strives for, the passing on of personal experiences.

Anyway, I'm fully supportive of Taplow, drinking or not, although I have to admit I prefer the latter....based upon my preference for my sober-self. I really, really hope you stick around this time Taplow, for you, and for SR. You have many supporters.