SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Home, Sweet Home - Weekenders 01 - 04 May 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/447194-home-sweet-home-weekenders-01-04-may-2020-a.html)

Willow00 05-03-2020 03:41 PM

Ourgate, that is classic Daisy :lmao: They have the rubbish bin challenge going on Facebook here. You take a photo of yourself (plus or minus other family members and/or pets) all dressed up (any kind of posh or crazy fancy dress) as you go on your weekly outing to put the rubbish bins out onto the road verge. The once a week outing from the house to the end of your driveway. Some of them are absolutely hilarious :lmao

biminiblue 05-03-2020 03:46 PM

Oh, Daisy, I like it.
Willow, ha! People are still so creative. :)

Kaily, where'd you go? Manta?

Alright, night Weekenders. It's Sunday, right? Another sober weekend in the books.

venuscat 05-03-2020 03:59 PM

Oh, now I get it the Ourgate thing. Duh. :) :)

andyh 05-03-2020 05:36 PM

late check-in for me today. it's my on-call week & I've been getting called at stupid times, so I'm a bit all over the place, but it's the last night tonight & then we have a short week next week (Bank Holiday on Friday).

my sourdough starter seems to have worked at the third attempt if the smell in my kitchen is anything to go by. hopefully in a few days it's be ready for making some bread with, either that or I've bred Covid-20 in a tupperware container. :eek:

hope everyone is doing okay, check in if you've been away, we welcome back prodigal daughters (& sons). :D

Mags1 05-03-2020 09:51 PM

Morning Weekenders.

Daisy, I chuckled when I read your Ourgate, you’re so posh, ;) here we say Argate. No finesse in these parts. :biglaugh:

My injection prescriptions are being delivered today (in an unmarked van, they said). Oooooh. :lol: Having a video call on Thursday with the district nurse to go through injecting myself. I’m quite looking forward to it, or should I say looking forward to successfully injecting myself 4 times. I don’t wanna mess it up.

You kinda know you’ve been in lockdown too long when the highlight of this week is giving myself 4 injections. :biglaugh:

Wishing everyone health and peace. xxxx

https://i.postimg.cc/SsLbmFgy/188817...464-A89492.jpg

CaptainHaddock 05-03-2020 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by andyh (Post 7437882)
my sourdough starter seems to have worked at the third attempt if the smell in my kitchen is anything to go by. hopefully in a few days it's be ready for making some bread with, either that or I've bred Covid-20 in a tupperware container. :eek:

Great, and if I remember correctly you have plenty of flour which seems to be in short supply now. I reckon the oven will kill off the Covid-20, but a mask and gloves when working the dough can do no harm:).
Ourgate? Brilliant Daisy. I can think of a few other “destinations” that have become quite popular, such as Sofambique, Housetralia and Zanzibarbecue.
Some good news (which I am sure I may share) is that I have heard from Kaily that she is doing OK.

andyh 05-04-2020 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mags1 (Post 7437977)

Live Long & Prosper Mags :D

I hope you don't end up feeling like too much of a pincushion with your injections.

on Friday I had an outing to TheBins, but today I get to go to TheSupermarket & see what things I've ordered wrong this time & what stupid substitutions they've made.

hope everyone made it through the weekend safely. :)

Kaily 05-04-2020 03:35 AM

Lovely sunny day here in London just been for an early walk. The Rhododendrons in the forest are in full bloom.

https://i.postimg.cc/c1532bYw/WP-202...-37-29-Pro.jpg

This plaque is on a bench I used to regularly sit on before sitting was banned.

https://i.postimg.cc/bYk5yWHc/WP-202...-57-22-Pro.jpg

Reid82 05-04-2020 04:07 AM

London is very easy to get to from my local regional airport which is only 15 minutes away, 2 flights daily there. I spent a weekend there last summer. I went to a Saturday morning meeting in Bethnal Green. The weather was fantastic too, nice pics.

venuscat 05-04-2020 05:34 AM

Love the humour on the gravestones. :)

Bad example but he lived for nearly 90 years so he was doing something right. :)

biminiblue 05-04-2020 05:45 AM

Kaily I love that plaque. I've been walking a lot too - every color of rhodies and azaleas are out. I like the peach colored ones, they're so delicate.

I was probably a little too much fun back in my twenties. I would still be if society didn't frown on my versions of fun, I suppose.

I remember one summer day of drinking with a boyfriend and we decided to skinny dip in the pool under a waterfall.

At a popular gathering place.

Pretty sure there were mothers shooing their children away. No harm, right? Skinny dipping seems to have factored in to many a drinking summer day.

And I'm sure that's more about me than you wanted to know.

theVman31 05-04-2020 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock (Post 7437649)
Thanks a lot, Sao! And with that I appoint you as language editor in relation to all my posts going forward:). Sometimes I feel I lag behind you Brits, Yanks and Aussies when it comes to expressing myself crisply in English.

Of course the brits yanks and aussies lag behind the irish when it comes to class crispy english and nice accents. But the gold medal has to go to the scottish. I have been to glasgow and edinburgh a few times. One time in the airport in glasgow some guy started talking to me and i didnt honestly know if he was talking english...

I am back working from home now after having some time off for lockdown and home schooling. In some ways it's great to be free of work but then after several weeks off it's not so bad sometimes to get back in to a meeting or a tel or visio conf.ÂÂ I was supposed to quit work to pursue new adventures on the first of july but after this pandemic it seems that i may stay on a while longer (massive unemployment and economic impact)

Have a good day weekenders...

venuscat 05-04-2020 06:18 AM

I want more dear bim.
Love hearing about your life. :) :hug: s

:grouphug:

Mags1 05-04-2020 08:10 AM

Great photos, Kaily, love the plaque! :biglaugh:

Bim, I admire your honesty.:) sounds like heaven swimming under the waterfall! :yup:

Vinny, the Scots can have broad accents, :), we had a Scottish neighbour and Mr. Mags had no idea what he was saying, he just used to nod! :lmao:

Reid82 05-04-2020 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by theVman31 (Post 7438180)
Of course the brits yanks and aussies lag behind the irish when it comes to class crispy english and nice accents. But the gold medal has to go to the scottish. I have been to glasgow and edinburgh a few times. One time in the airport in glasgow some guy started talking to me and i didnt honestly know if he was talking english...

I live in North Kerry so can relate, Vinny. LOL.

saoutchik 05-04-2020 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by andyh (Post 7437882)
my sourdough starter seems to have worked at the third attempt if the smell in my kitchen is anything to go by. hopefully in a few days it's be ready for making some bread with, either that or I've bred Covid-20 in a tupperware container.

LOL!
Like the plaque Kaily.
There is a fairly large South African community in London, especially to the north west of where I live and I have been to a few SA restaurants. They seem to express themselves pretty crisply to me. Lekker and now-now have caught on a bit (in London anyway)

biminiblue 05-04-2020 10:42 AM

Lekker and now-now

and it continues.

MLD51 05-04-2020 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock (Post 7437985)
Ourgate? Brilliant Daisy. I can think of a few other “destinations” that have become quite popular, such as Sofambique, Housetralia and Zanzibarbecue.

I laughed out loud at these! my favorite is Zanzibarbecue. :D

SoberLeigh 05-04-2020 01:24 PM

Ourgate, Sofambique, Housetralia and Zanzibarbecue. I love it; very posh! :lmao

Heavens :lmao, Vman, I remember talking (listening only, really) with an older Scottish gent with a very, very thick accent when I was in a pub in Scotland in my 20s, having absolutely no idea what he was saying. He was very animated and laughing about whatever he was talking about. I was politely nodding from time to time and a little nervous that I may have been nodding at inappropriate times. My lack of verbal response didn’t seem to dissuade him so I kept slowly backing away trying to reintroduce myself into the group with whom I came.

Kaily, the flowers are beautiful and the plaque very funny.

Good luck with the injections, Mags.

Reid82 05-04-2020 03:52 PM

Well the Bank Holiday weekend here is nearly over. They were always my biggest bogey in the past.
Heard some bad news only 2 hours ago, a neighbour who lives only a mile back the road took his own life this evening. He was 65 and his daughter found him in the shed this evening :( I'm pretty shocked. I used to always stop and talk to him if I was passing and he was walking the road. I think he did struggle with depression, he wasn't really a drinker. Back to work in the morning, need some sleep, goodnight.