SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Extended Vacation..Sailing Sober - Weekenders 17 - 20 April 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/446876-extended-vacation-sailing-sober-weekenders-17-20-april-2020-a.html)

Reid82 04-19-2020 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7428190)
One of my fav scenes from the movie.....

I love that film, it's been years since I watched it.

Mags1 04-19-2020 01:49 AM

Hi MantaLady, it’s hard being on lockdown on your own. :hug: you’re not being super selfish. are you allowed to go and walk to the fields. Look and watch. What you’ve said before, it sounds like you’re in a beautiful part of the world. Though I guess at Piccadilly Circus you will get others walking.
:hug:

Daisybelle 04-19-2020 02:25 AM

Good morning all, I slept better than usual in my bunk, it must be the sea air.
Like some of you I've had a few fleeting thoughts about drinking during these unsettled, surreal, lockdown times, especially on one day in particular when I had to queue for the check out in Lidl for 20 minutes down the wine isle. Well wine was my poison of choice. I had to give myself a stern talking to, for goodness sakes I've only just this month got 2 years of unbroken sobriety, why on earth would I want to ruin that. I've not come this far to spoil it all now.
I'll stick with my copious amount of tea and coffee, far safer.
Enjoy Sunday the best way you can, whether the water be choppy or calm.

Love always. Keep safe. xx

Kaily 04-19-2020 02:30 AM

Ha I queued down the cleaning products isle, didn't tempt me at all. I hate cleaning.

Well done on 2 years Daisy. :)

Willow00 04-19-2020 03:49 AM

Kaily :lmao

Willow00 04-19-2020 03:55 AM

Manta I hope you’re feeling better soon :hug:

I’ve had heaps of thoughts about drinking, especially the last week. Heaps of times I’ve nearly caved in. Several moments where I nearly bought wine, almost went into the liquour store, almost swiped an aged bottle from my partner’s stash. Honestly I’m actually surprised that I have managed to remain sober....

Tonight is a full 7 weeks sober. So tomorrow is day 50.

And although I somehow haven’t drunk wine despite major temptations, by golly I have eaten some serious amounts of unhealthy food... especially chocolate, sweets and chips and other less than healthy snacks. Cabin fever snacks, isolation snacks. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Right now it’s 9pm Sunday night and bedtime for me, night all

venuscat 04-19-2020 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Kaily (Post 7428544)
Ha I queued down the cleaning products isle, didn't tempt me at all. I hate cleaning.

Well done on 2 years Daisy. :)

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7428576)
Kaily :lmao

Just awesome Kaily!!! :lmao:

And I adore your photo dear Willow....and I am jealous. Missing my beach big time.

Love you dear Manta. Onward together sweetheart. :hug: s xxxxx ❤️❤️

MantaLady 04-19-2020 04:15 AM

I am doing a deep clean of the house to keep myself busy today. In the middle of washing all the cat baskets and cat blankets as it’s hot outside and hopefully they will all dry by tonight. Got my 2 weeks supply of Huel and going to clean out the fridge and get organised for next week. I may have fallen but I have got back up and will never stop getting back up until I stay up! x

venuscat 04-19-2020 04:16 AM

Go you!!!! :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ❤️

STDragon 04-19-2020 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Forwards (Post 7428431)
...Ha, yes. Persuading clients that technical documentation for future reference is worth paying for is often tricky though. Never mind...

I'm an infrastructure guy, but I see that the developers are more valued for speed than accuracy, so nothing get's documented. Which results in a lot of end user questions. The front line help desk staff don't know so they pass it back to the developers. And that simply creates delays all around.

Cityboy 04-19-2020 07:46 AM

Good morning all.

Daisybelle, congrats on two years. You're an inspiration.

Willow, I've had a few thoughts of drinking the last few days as well. Maybe it's some environmental factor or just covid anxiety.

Bimini, is that a private charter vessel? It looks wonderful.

biminiblue 04-19-2020 08:04 AM

Cityboy, I don't know what the Sunseeker Project 8X is...I just found a "movie on the foredeck" image, and there is a website...

Manta, when I went to AA - second meeting - I was given The 9th Step Promises to read out loud at the opening of the meeting. Well, there's a baptism by fire. Pages 83-85 in the big book. It hit me pretty hard.

Kaily, thanks for the giggle. People seem to be of two types, the industrious learn-a-language-finish-that-project-clean-the-corners-every-day OR meh-I-can't-be-bothered-how-about-some-junk-food-and-Netflix. I'm going back and forth. Mostly I'm like you. Take a walk, wash the dishes, watch some TV, go to bed. That's enough right now, TYVM.

So far I haven't had to queue anywhere. So far I've also been able to buy whatever I want every time I go to the store. Well, I had to buy a name brand instead of the cheaper store brand. Once. The HORROR!

Love that beach.

saoutchik 04-19-2020 08:41 AM

Congratulations on two years sober Daisybelle, nice milestone.

Well done for sticking at it MantaLady, it will click into place eventually. That was my experience.

Because the number of shoppers has been restricted in supermarkets I have not had to wait to checkout. Probably because I tend to go in them in the mornings I have never been troubled by seeing the booze aisle either. TV and films have more of an effect.

Bim, Sunseekers are built in a place called Poole (fittingly enough) which is in the south west of England. They are Chinese owned these days. The firm I work for has done a bit of anodising various metal parts for them when they have been unable to do it themselves. (anodising metal helps makes it less susceptible to corrosion)

Glorious day here in London!

MidnightBlue 04-19-2020 10:48 AM

((Manta))

Even though technically I don't have to go to work tomorrow, just turn on my laptop in the morning, pour coffee and do the work, I am still in my regular "Sunday night blues".

Every week the same feeling haunts me - as if my back against the wall.

Blah.

Maybe watching the sunset on the deck will help.

venuscat 04-19-2020 11:02 AM

Gosh, the sheer pleasure of having fresh La Brea bread.....it is magnificent.
I hate the word artisan but that type of bread, seeded rye. Baked this morning. Sigh. Made Nick tuna and cheese melts for lunch and gosh they looked and smelled divine.

andyh 04-19-2020 11:09 AM

evening all, hope everyone is keeping well & staying safe.

Willow - that beach is amazing, I am very envious!

Manta - sorry you're having a rough time. keep getting up & keep coming back (as some might say)

Bim - I am learning a language & not cleaning, if that makes you feel any better. ;)

Coldfusion 04-19-2020 11:15 AM

HELLO, HOUSEKEEPING!

Anyone want their cabin serviced? Clean sheets and fresh towels?

Manta, keep reading and posting here!

I just finished my AA treasurer's stuff in preparation for tonight's business meeting. Now I have to figure out how to contribute to the Seattle Eastside group that hosts the extra Zoom meetings I have been attending.

I hope everyone has a good day!

venuscat 04-19-2020 11:26 AM

Gee, bit late in the day....... ;)

:hug: s xx

MidnightBlue 04-19-2020 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Coldfusion (Post 7428872)
HELLO, HOUSEKEEPING!

Yes, please!

Andy - What language are you learning?

I am not cleaning either)

Willow00 04-19-2020 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Coldfusion (Post 7428872)
HELLO, HOUSEKEEPING!

Manta, keep reading and posting here!

I just finished my AA treasurer's stuff in preparation for tonight's business meeting. Now I have to figure out how to contribute to the Seattle Eastside group that hosts the extra Zoom meetings I have been attending.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Yes please! I want my cabin serviced please :)