SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Another agonizing day (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/442462-another-agonizing-day.html)

BeABetterMan 10-04-2019 09:13 AM

Another agonizing day

Lying in bed this morning. Paralyzed. Thinking about all of the great things in life I’m blessed with and how their importance is dwarfed by that four inch space between my ears. That constant churning. The obsessing. The focus on all that is bad and all that will be bad. It is all negative, it is all self defeating. What I wouldn’t give for someone to put their arms around me and tell me that it will be ok. I spent so much of my time pushing good women out of my life and those actions have come home to roost. What we put into the universe, we get back. Period.

BeABetterMan 10-04-2019 09:53 AM

30 minutes later I’m 30 minutes through a great AA speaker Bob D and his 1hr share on Surrender (watching on YouTube) and I’m ready to at least get out of bed and pretend to be a human.

Love to all of you.

Anna 10-04-2019 09:59 AM

It WILL all be okay. It really will. I think it just takes some time and effort on your part. Getting out of bed is a great start. Try to stay in the moment and be mindful of your thoughts. Remember the thoughts don't control you.

aasharon90 10-04-2019 11:17 AM

We all have a past good, bad and in-between,
before, during and after our addictions. When
we get into recovery, begin learning about addiction
and its affects on our minds and body, then begin
applying many healthy, affective recovery tools,
knowledge, guideline to our everyday life, we begin
the healing process.

We begin to live a healthier, honest way of life sober,
and the process of cleaning up the wreckage of the
past and those we may have harmed along the way.

Things in your own life will be restored as you continue
on this sober journey in life moving forward. It wont
happen magically over night, but it will begin to change
for the better. Just remember, it took a many days of
drinking and all that was tied to it to get you were you
are today.

So, in time, living a sober way of life, you will begin
to see the hope so many of us are experiencing today
in our own lives. Hope for a healthier, happier way
of life with repaired relationships, jobs, and so much
more this life offers to us as gifts we never take for
granted which are also called blessings.

Continue to learn and move further away from alcohol,
poison that has cause so much distruction, like it has in
so many lives.

SR is filled with many caring and understanding folks
and we are here for you with every sober day you
achieve. :)

least 10-04-2019 12:52 PM

Stay sober! :) It will get better. :hug:

gypsytears 10-04-2019 01:18 PM

Getting out of bed and pretending to be human is good. I listen to AA speaker tapes on YouTube when I’m driving sometimes. I’ll search for the one you mentioned unless you have a link? Glad you’re feeling a bit better.

BeABetterMan 10-04-2019 03:34 PM

Played adult today. Paid bills, went to work, ate some good meals, planned my day tomorrow, met a nice person on the boards. But man is my craving strong. I was 65 days sober and had very little cravings, next thing you know I was drunk and in jail, now the cravings are strong again. Day 5.

newhope01 10-04-2019 03:42 PM

Awesome job on five days. I’m glad you’re up and about. Have you tried a face to face AA meeting? I use to get a lot of hugs in AA. Met a lot of kind people. They do fun stuff too like camping, bowling, and meditation retreats. Couldn’t hurt.

BeABetterMan 10-04-2019 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by newhope01 (Post 7281542)
Awesome job on five days. I’m glad you’re up and about. Have you tried a face to face AA meeting? I use to get a lot of hugs in AA. Met a lot of kind people. They do fun stuff too like camping, bowling, and meditation retreats. Couldn’t hurt.

I do 3 meetings per week religiously. I love AA meetings most days.

Dee74 10-04-2019 04:50 PM

sounds like a way better day BABM :)

D

BeABetterMan 10-04-2019 04:58 PM

The Greek tragedian Aeschylus wrote, “He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.”

Misssy2 10-04-2019 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan (Post 7281539)
Played adult today. Paid bills, went to work, ate some good meals, planned my day tomorrow, met a nice person on the boards. But man is my craving strong. I was 65 days sober and had very little cravings, next thing you know I was drunk and in jail, now the cravings are strong again. Day 5.

Wow this was a turnaround in a number of hours...it always amazes me how alcohol brings me to a deep dark depression and how quick I am ablet to snap out of it...Alcohol is like a smoke screen...hiding us behind it....Your in there...and you showed that today....Thank God.

If I was nearby I would wrap my arms around you! That will come when you feel good about yourself again...No woman is going to come thru the "darkness"....

WaterOx 10-04-2019 05:37 PM

I feel you. Good job on day 5 bro.

BeABetterMan 10-04-2019 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by gypsytears (Post 7281447)
Getting out of bed and pretending to be human is good. I listen to AA speaker tapes on YouTube when I’m driving sometimes. I’ll search for the one you mentioned unless you have a link? Glad you’re feeling a bit better.

I find him kind of annoying, but he has a great message. I hope you enjoy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BLUVtuWJPRk

gypsytears 10-04-2019 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan (Post 7281705)

I find him kind of annoying, but he has a great message. I hope you enjoy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BLUVtuWJPRk

Thanks :). I listened to an old curmudgeon that was pretty entertaining. I think his name was Clancy. I’ll give this one a listen when I get a chance. I hope you continue on the upswing and have a good weekend.

BeABetterMan 10-04-2019 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by gypsytears (Post 7281716)
Thanks :). I listened to an old curmudgeon that was pretty entertaining. I think his name was Clancy. I’ll give this one a listen when I get a chance. I hope you continue on the upswing and have a good weekend.

I love Clancy. And Chuck C.

Thanks Gypsy. Have a good weekend too. I was saying today I wish someone would just throw their arms around me and I know exactly who will do that. So I’m driving two hours to surprise my three kids at their games tomorrow then take them shopping and to church. I have them next week anyway, but they are just so good for my soul and mom is cool whenever her schedule permits ❤️.

rainbowalien 10-05-2019 03:15 AM

Good to have you back & positive BABM enjoy your weekend with your kids 😊

August252015 10-05-2019 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan (Post 7281564)

I do 3 meetings per week religiously. I love AA meetings most days.

Good habit- I am glad someone told me early to "go when you want to go, go when you don't, just go." Meetings are important to my recovery.

Sometimes we have to take small chunks of time, 15 min, 30 min, sheesh one even, like when I hold my breath and have to make myself start again.

Glad you are sharing- one thing at a time today. I know that early on, tho it was weird and hard to "accept," some days if I "just" stayed sober - a shower or eating or laundry were only bonus things, added to the single most important victory.

tomsteve 10-06-2019 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan (Post 7281741)

So I’m driving two hours to surprise my three kids at their games tomorrow then take them shopping and to church. I have them next week anyway, but they are just so good for my soul and mom is cool whenever her schedule permits ❤️.

dont you have a suspended license?

August252015 10-06-2019 11:53 AM

How are you today Better Man?