SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Struggling (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/440738-struggling.html)

Newbeginning421 08-10-2019 01:12 PM

Wow so sorry you are going through this situation. Your parents should be back by now right?

least 08-10-2019 01:27 PM

When he called the police on you, did you tell the CPS workers that he's using? I would establish that he's not in his right mind and is just doing it to harass you. :(

ChangingODAAT 08-15-2019 02:28 PM

I am pretty sure they have figured it out by now as I have had either the police or CPS check on us every day in the last week. They know the kids are safe with me. I am still at my parents house for now. My baby boy is 1 month old today 😍

ReadyAtLast 08-15-2019 02:59 PM

Some wonderful advice from Backandscared all through this thread.

ChangingODAAT - you are doing so so well, you should be proud of yourself staying sober and getting through this stressful time.

I hope you continue to put yourself and your kids first. your husband is an adult and can sort himself out. Calling the police on you speaks volumes. So does using now when you have 2 young children. He is not being a husband, parent, friend, support or anything he should be. You can't save him and you don't need a third child to look after.

stay strong- you're doing an amazing job :)

BackandScared 08-23-2019 05:21 AM

Hello Changing!
Have been away and not been able to post but have thought about you a lot and read your update a few days back.
I hope your body is recovering well after childbirth and that you can enjoy that extra strength to face the many challenges life has decided for you. If you are still reading, let us know how you are doing.
You are a real inspiration

ColoradoRocky 08-23-2019 06:52 AM

I'm encouraged you are at your parents's house. Meth and children don't mix.

BackandScared 08-24-2019 07:31 AM

Waiving hello again. Missing you around here.

ChangingODAAT 08-26-2019 05:29 AM

I haven't been on here in a few days. I'm hanging in there. I'm back home with my husband and the kids. It's easier this way. I didn't want to be a bother for my parents and I was tired of my husband calling the cops and CPS so I came back. I'm trying to prepare my daughter's birthday party (She turns 2 in 2 days). I saw my doctor last friday and he gave me a script for anti depressants. I didn't pick them up yet because I'm not sure I want to be on those.

BackandScared 08-27-2019 06:25 AM

Hey Changing?
Why did you go to the GP? Why you don't want to take the pills?
Seems that you try to go the hardest possible route everytime while somehow convincing yourself it is the 'easiest'. And the only common place is this partner of yours that should be miles away from his children.

I hope your daughter has a lovely day. And you too!

ChangingODAAT 08-27-2019 01:27 PM

I went because it was my annual appointment. I'm not taking the pills because I'm not sure I need them and it would be like I failed ? I don't know, I'm just really trying to do everything right but it really does seem like I am just failing no matter what I do

ColoradoRocky 08-27-2019 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by BackandScared (Post 7256102)
Hey Changing?
Why did you go to the GP? Why you don't want to take the pills?
Seems that you try to go the hardest possible route everytime while somehow convincing yourself it is the 'easiest'. And the only common place is this partner of yours that should be miles away from his children....

Good thing somebody stepped up, took the bull by the horns, and said this.

Changing, in all kindness, I'd take this to heart.

BackandScared 08-27-2019 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by ChangingODAAT (Post 7256364)
I went because it was my annual appointment. I'm not taking the pills because I'm not sure I need them and it would be like I failed ? I don't know, I'm just really trying to do everything right but it really does seem like I am just failing no matter what I do

You are not failing! Your partner is failing and you are trying to keep it all together. There is a limit to every human. You seem to belong to the incredibly amazing and powerful kind of human. But you are still human with a very small baby and a toddler, studying and a business. Plus a partner that is real bad news for all of you.

You are trying to keep a house of cards up while someone is blowing on it. And somehow you have made your duty to keep the one blowing close to you.

I am not going to recommend you to take those pills or anything else. From the outside, it seems that nobody clinically depressed would be able to do all the things you are doing. At the same time, your doctor must have seen something to prescribe them. Doctors don't randomly prescribe antidepressants on annual check-ups.

Until you feel ready to make a different move (and you will need to make one if your partner does not change) stay in touch with your parents, your doctor and your community. Make sure you get whatever other help is available.

I wish you good luck.

ShiftHappens 08-27-2019 03:34 PM

Perhaps ODAAT you are like my mother and now me, wanting and loving your family so much.

It is normal for a woman with two small children to want a protector.

Its instinct, not in your concious decision making process abd very natural.

Stay safe and just stay connected to your parents and others in case you need help

BackandScared 11-05-2019 08:20 AM

Hello ChangingODAAT. I think about you from time to time. Not sure if you are reading.
Would be lovely to have an update from you. I hope you and your kids are OK.