SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 15-18 February 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/436331-weekender-thread-15-18-february-2019-a.html)

MLD51 02-15-2019 06:23 AM

I'm in! Looking forward to a quiet weekend.

That was fast on the call about the interview, MB. You must have done quite well on the awful tests. I guess you'll find out soon if the job is something you can be ok with .

Some of you might know that I have been undergoing the grueling process of selling my late father's apartment in downtown Chicago since last year. Happy to report that things are looking great now and it should close on March 8. Still waiting for the FINAL approval on the buyer's loan, but it all looks good. It sold for more than I expected it to, but a LOT of work went into getting it cleaned up and remodeled enough to sell. I had been hoping to sell it "as is," and had a couple of interested buyers last summer, but they both fell through in September. When it was finally ready, I got a full-price offer about a half hour after the stagers were done with it. Since then, there has been a fair amount of haggling and deal-making. I still made out fine. So I will celebrate cautiously this weekend, by treating myself to a pedicure and maybe a kayak, if I can find one to buy at this cold, snowy time of year. Might have to wait on that.

MidnightBlue 02-15-2019 06:36 AM

Glad things are looking great about the apartment, Marty. Enjoy your weekend treat!

Taooo 02-15-2019 06:37 AM

Quiet weekend for me. Day 29 today for me.... my life has changed so much in the last 29 days. I am thankful and glad I decided to turn it around, the cravings are pretty much gone and I don't desire any drink or drugs anymore.

This is the longest I have lasted quitting in 2 years, won't **** it up this time either.

gettingsmarter 02-15-2019 06:50 AM

Ill have another hangover free weekend.

trudgingagain 02-15-2019 06:58 AM

Congrats Manta! Welcome Mags, and good luck Midnight! I'm in for the weekend! Yes, Monday is a holiday, so it's a "3-dayer"....When drinking, I would plan out my weekend so that I would drink Sat. and Sunday and taper off on Monday so that I didn't feel like crap on Tues. when I had to go back to work. No more! Not only am I retired, but I'm sober! Looking forward to finishing up some work on my desk (yes, even being retired comes with piles of paperwork, bills, etc.), getting out to walk (if it's not raining)....and I'm not sure what else....but I won't be drinking! Have a great weekend everyone!

Willow00 02-15-2019 07:05 AM

Well done MB! You still get to choose, every single day :)

Great news on the sale MLD, hopefully it’s all smooth sailing from here on.

We’re still going through the whole process of selling.... it’s been a really emotional journey that’s for sure. So many difficult things to deal with, right after having to do the most difficult thing of all, saying goodbye to our loved ones. It’s amazing how strong you can be when there’s no choice. It’s weird, finding strength even when you’re falling apart. Not drinking helps somehow. I’m so glad I didn’t succumb to the monster AV. Grief would be so much worse drunk.

I’m too tired to think at the moment, so I’m off to sleep. All this lovely fresh country air is so good for me, but I’m exhausted by the end of the day. Good night everyone. See you tomorrow :)

saoutchik 02-15-2019 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great news on the interview MidnightBlue.

Congratulations on 29 days taooo.

The London Classic Car Show is a real disappointment this year. Also my customer turned up with his boss and his boss's young boy so I had to behave myself. Pfft.

This slightly sinister looking machine, "Babs, attemped the land speed record in the early 1920s but it crashed and its driver was killed.

MidnightBlue 02-15-2019 07:44 AM

Good night, willow.

Sorry the show was disappointment all around, Sao. I think you misread the calendar for a reason)

WhoDeyPI 02-15-2019 08:43 AM

I won't be on here much of the weekend, but that's a good thing because I'll be keeping busy like I like. My parents are coming to town, so we have a lot of dinners and activities planned. I only see them a few times a year, so it'll be good.

They don't fully understand or accept that I'm in "recovery" or am an "addict". My mom's brother died of alcoholism, so she understands it's a serious thing, but refuses to accept that my situation is just as dire. When I was in the hospital dying from liver failure and all that.....she somehow convinced herself that I just had a stomach ache and that they were "fixing me right up". Now she always says things like "since you're not sick anymore, are you still doing the no drinking 'thing'?" LOL. Yes mom, still doing it...

Day 175 for me....6 months this Wednesday!

MidnightBlue 02-15-2019 09:29 AM

Congrats on Day 175, WhoDey!

I think I need to compensate for those 2 lousy hours of sleep and will call it an early night.

Good night, weekenders)

petals 02-15-2019 10:41 AM

Hi everyone. Xx

saoutchik 02-15-2019 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great to "see" you petals!

Congratulations on 6 months WhoDeyPl!

This was the bus that was last seen balancing on the edge of a precipice in the old British film The Italian Job with Michael Caine.

Caramel 02-15-2019 11:48 AM

^ Clearly I have to watch The Italian Job - for the past few months I keep coming across bits, clips and references from it.
I think I would enjoy it.

Less of the "old" - it was only made in 1969! ... Oh, right... :lmao

andyh 02-15-2019 12:15 PM

evening all, hope everyone is doing well. :)

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 7125151)
This was the bus that was last seen balancing on the edge of a precipice in the old British film The Italian Job with Michael Caine.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...215_192241.jpg

looks like his great idea worked then! ;)

carpetcleaner 02-15-2019 12:22 PM

I'm in for another sober weekend.

Hope everyone has a good one 😊

CC

Taooo 02-15-2019 12:57 PM

Getting the strangest cravings today.

I am at work bored out of my head in a fairly stressful enviroment, I don't smoke and aside from being a regular cannabis user I haven't smoked a purely tobacco cigarette in years, yet this evening I am craving one so much. Same for craving a drink when I finish on sunday too.

I'm not going to do any of the above because I know where it leads, but I guess I need to remember I'm not out of the woods yet.

MantaLady 02-15-2019 03:00 PM

Love kayaking Marty! Pls share a pic if you buy one x

Night people, first night I can actually breathe through one nostril lol so I am going to bed very grateful tonight xxx

listae 02-15-2019 04:49 PM

Signing up with all of you for sober weekend number 7.

I momentarily started a pity party in my head; for example, "it's the weekend and I'm middle-aged and boring." Where is the cool factor in my sober weekend?

Then, I saw a brief Al Pacino video on his sobriety. Well, if Al Pacino is doing it (sobriety), then it is manifest coolness.

Have a fun, unwinding, and pleasurable weekend! Enjoy the kind of pleasure that only comes with not drinking!

Willow00 02-15-2019 06:05 PM

Good morning everyone :)
It’s a beautiful day here so I’m heading outdoors to make the most of it.
I hope you all have a great sober Saturday :)

WaterOx 02-15-2019 06:51 PM

Hi weekenders. I hope you and yours are well.