SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New Years Weekender Thread 28 December 2018 - 2 January 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/435117-new-years-weekender-thread-28-december-2018-2-january-2019-a.html)

biminiblue 12-28-2018 04:55 AM

In for the last few days of 2018. I got an email from an ex long-term friend's husband and it's been playing on my mind since I got it. You know how breakups go...here are my thoughts, "I'm over it!....Why are you contacting me ten years later?...I know you're drinking, it's 10PM on Christmas. I don't want to talk to you. Do I need to answer? I should answer. No, I don't want to..."

In the end I decided to answer two days later - it wasn't her husband who caused the breakup, he was always nice to me. So I spent 30 minutes composing a non-inflammatory reply. :lol: It started off with little subtle digs at her, you know - trying to triangulate. Old habits die hard in intense relationships with lots of hurt. In the end I left it at three short neutral and kind sentences.

The benefits of sobriety:

Don't engage
Mind my own business
Love everyone (Do no harm)

Let go.

No drinking for me. There sure are a lot of hours in the day to think! I'm happy to make better decisions faster. :)

theVman31 12-28-2018 05:09 AM

Welcome to the weekender Hoot Owl

Canadian Koala 12-28-2018 05:47 AM

I want to reach the end of 2018 with you Weekenders!

https://i.imgur.com/h7aH9KY.gif

Lets have a good sober Friday on our way up! :wavey:

MidnightBlue 12-28-2018 06:19 AM

For all the singles on the thread - just heard a hilarious line while watching a movie:

"Actually I have relationships. It's long-distance relationships because my boyfriend is in the future". :lmao

Purplrks3647 12-28-2018 09:53 AM

LOL ~ MB I think I have that quote on my Pinterest page :laughing:

Checking in: off work early today and I can feel the av waiting.....it's already thrown a couple of jabs so I need some distraction.....maybe I'll go for a walk.

Thanks everyone for being here :tyou

Willow00 12-28-2018 11:03 AM

Hi weekenders! :wavey:

Congratulations on 4 years Sao, awesome stuff!

Dee I really love the Lao Tzu quote “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings”. I am really hopeful that 2019 is going to be a better year than 2018 was. I can honestly say that 2018 has been the absolute toughest year of me life :( but 2019 is going to be amazing :)

Welcome Eve and HootOwl and any other newcomers, this is a great place for support!

Petals, my partner partakes as well. He will be getting rip roaring drunk with friends NYE and as we’re travelling, I will be with him. I won’t be drinking. I would rather be elsewhere but will just have to grin and bear it somehow. I will not be doing things like this again, and I plan to make sure that next year I’m in a situation of my choice :) 2019 is definitely a time for new beginnings, one of which is becoming more assertive (in a nice way) and doing what I want to do rather than just flowing along aimlessly with other people’s plans and being buffeted this way and that. Not any more :)

So glad you’re feeling good Vman, you’re an inspiration :)

Love this Bim
“Don't engage
Mind my own business
Love everyone (Do no harm)”

Peace and idleness sounds wonderful MB :)

Hang in there Purps:)

Have a great weekend and a safe sober NYE everyone :)

DarklingSong 12-28-2018 11:28 AM

Sao, congratulations. You are a pillar of strength on SR.

PhoenixJ 12-28-2018 12:35 PM

About relationships- although there is hurt in things that have been, I have no business being in one- when I am in early recovery. I certainly would not go out with me- I would be so hard to be with.

saoutchik 12-28-2018 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to Weekenders HootOwlHoot!

Thanks for the congrats guys - i'm not quite there yet though (Sunday)

It was very grey and eerily quiet out this morning.

MidnightBlue 12-28-2018 01:18 PM

Beautiful picture, Sao. Thank you.

I changed my routine a little bit and took a walk, and then took stairs all the way up to my apartment (I live on the 14th floor).

Baby steps)

andyh 12-28-2018 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue (Post 7086295)
Baby steps)

quite a lot of baby steps up to the 14th floor! ;)

least 12-28-2018 01:35 PM

It's unseasonably warm today so I took Billie for two walks. :) She loves checking her peemail and even sent one of her own. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/HxszJG9f/100-4925.jpg

Purplrks3647 12-28-2018 02:44 PM

Awww what a sweet pup! "Peemail" LOL! :puppy:

Soberwolf 12-28-2018 03:13 PM

Peemails I love it Least Billi is beautiful

least 12-28-2018 04:32 PM

She is sweet and loving and likes being near me. She's usually right where I am, all day and night. Sleeps next to me at night. Rides in the car with her own seat restraint attached to her harness. :) She's spoiled rotten! ;)

Hootowlhoot 12-28-2018 05:03 PM

Checking in. Day 20 almost done!
Yesterday was a horrible no good very bad day and no my name is not Alexander . It was seriously the pits. I was convinced today would also be bad but it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Works just been tough. Feeling frustrated I have to work Monday and seems the world has off (including my employer but that’s a whole nother story )
Anyway. Got done work and had to get gas. Av seriously talking- what the heck! Drove past two liquor stores and debated just getting 3-5 little nips of vodka or a mini box of wine. Resisted and got McDonald’s instead haha! Been eating tons of junk food but that’s better than alcohol at the moment. I will get back into eating healthy soon. I did do a 20 minute work out and feel good about that! Also got laundry out away, dishes, dinner, cleaned all the rooms, vacuumed etc and have a load of laundry in the dryer. Played one of my daughters new board games with her and was thinking boy I am glad I’m not drunk right now for this. About the take a hot shower and either have a cup of tea or maybe ice cream or maybe both , lol. Once I have a month sober I’ll cool it on the junk. But for now I thinking putting on a few pounds is worth not drinking!

Hootowlhoot 12-28-2018 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by least (Post 7086312)
It's unseasonably warm today so I took Billie for two walks. :) She loves checking her peemail and even sent one of her own. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/HxszJG9f/100-4925.jpg

Hahaha that is great. What a beautiful dog! I want a dog so bad but husband is allergic

Purplrks3647 12-28-2018 05:34 PM

Friday night check-in.....av's been nagging at me about tomorrow, but I just finished an online SMART meeting & now I'm hoping to get some good sleep :24:

See you all in the morning :c017:

STDragon 12-28-2018 07:33 PM

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...228_210842.jpg

I was beginning to think there was no grass in London Saou...

STDragon 12-28-2018 07:36 PM

Spoil yourself on all the ice cream you want hootowl.....