SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   HealthyandSober needs help and support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/434986-healthyandsober-needs-help-support.html)

Healthyandsober 12-21-2018 08:20 PM

HealthyandSober needs help and support

i am stupid alcohol give me relief

Healthyandsober 12-21-2018 08:22 PM

im in the same position i was last year and was going to work everyday this time im just dumb

Healthyandsober 12-21-2018 08:27 PM

one of my worst moments in live was was working with my dad and i started crying because he was mad i made a mistake. he told me i was weak and i am and crush me i failed him i am a failerureb

Healthyandsober 12-21-2018 08:28 PM

i keep falling in life sober or drunk im just stupid

Dee74 12-21-2018 08:41 PM

Hi HAS

I moved all your posts here so you'll get more help.
I don;t think you're stupid or weak, just addicted. It's not the same thing.

I don;t think drinking really gives you relief tho - you don;t seem very relieved to , you know?

You seemed a lot happier when you were sober this year- how did you do it then? :)

D

Free2bme888 12-21-2018 09:02 PM

Hi HAS

Sorry you are having a rough time. I’m wondering if you have access to a counselor or a doctor? I’m not quite sure what you’re saying if you’re still actively drinking or if you have a few days sober.

If you’ve had some time sober in the past, you know how good it feels and you know you can do it. You know you can do it because you came here and you posted.

Bigs hugs surrounding you.

((((HAS))))

Gilmer 12-21-2018 09:06 PM

:hug:

You’ll get back on the track, HAS.

least 12-21-2018 09:27 PM

I hope you will look deep inside and find the strength you need to get sober for good. :hug:

Dee74 12-21-2018 10:55 PM

I hope you'll log back in HAS - we can help but only if you're online.

D

Healthyandsober 12-22-2018 08:19 AM

Thank you Dee! Whoa I have my own thread . I have to go to work now and I’m terribly hang over my hands shake and only two months in this job and I hate it.

I wonder why why my life is only getting worse and no better.

Healthyandsober 12-22-2018 08:23 AM

I stayed sober last year by resisting the urges to drink the first weekends and the going to AA every nigh after work. I just hate my life so much and it is my work life I hate since getting fired from I job I hated last year I just found one after many months unemployed and I hate it too. What’s wrong with me!

doggonecarl 12-22-2018 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Healthyandsober (Post 7081835)

I wonder why why my life is only getting worse and no better.

Cause you're still drinking.

Not that sobriety makes everything better. But it is the starting point for improvement.

Healthyandsober 12-22-2018 08:31 AM

I am a manager now and the team I’m managing openly disrespect me. It’s so awful there is a guy who is making my life hell and upper management blames me because I’m suppose to motivate him it’s an awful stituation I wish I had not taken this job.

I put put my two weeks in and I haven’t told my husband because he will be ****. What am I going to do for a living? I feel I can even do this two last weeks in this job it’s so awful.

A guy who is the senior manager of the site wrote a horrible humiliating email with several people in copy to me regarding this employee blaming me for the way I had handle the conflict with this employee.

i left in tears at 10 in the morning on Thursday as soon as I saw that email and I have to come back to work today and I feel I can’t face this I don’t want to come back.

but I need my paycheck and I’m embarrassed I’m acting like a weak pathetic person.

Healthyandsober 12-22-2018 08:34 AM

Thank you Carl I know I’m still drinking but I fear this has nothing to do with alcohol and I’m just a loser.

Healthyandsober 12-22-2018 08:35 AM

Alcohol is the only thing that makes this bearable I just hate my life I don’t see a way out. God help me

doggonecarl 12-22-2018 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Healthyandsober (Post 7081843)
Alcohol is the only thing that makes this bearable I just hate my life I don’t see a way out. God help me

I'm sorry that joy eludes you, but alcohol isn't the answer, and I think you know that.

What is the answer? For hating one's life? Not sure. But I know that depression has a medical solution. And despair, I believe, has a spiritual one.

Healthyandsober 12-22-2018 09:31 AM

I’m off antidepressants at the moment I was feeling off. Thank you everyone for your responses. I feel less alone logging here and at least vent all this out of my body. I know all of this is my fault I just don’t know how to fix it.

Anna 12-22-2018 10:07 AM

You do know how to begin fixing things. Staying sober will be a big step in the right direction. You will be able to figure out how to find a new job that, hopefully, will be a better fit for you. Things will get better. :)

CupofJoe 12-22-2018 10:11 AM

Your work situation sounds unpleasant, but I think you know drinking won't help. Drinking doesn't help anything, no matter what our addiction tells us.

Staying sober is the first step to improving things.

I hope things feel better for you.
Take care. :)

Healthyandsober 12-22-2018 10:32 AM

Thank you. I blame myself for this it seems every job I have since 2016 I hate get fired or resign. What’s wrong with me?