SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender 19- 23 April 2018 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/426536-weekender-19-23-april-2018-a.html)

MidnightBlue 04-20-2018 11:41 PM

Morning, Sao!

Thank you for the pic)

STDragon 04-21-2018 04:40 AM

This is probably not helpful, my wife has an old sony e-reader. They don't make them anymore but she loves it so much she doesn't want a new one. (yet). Draw back is she has to plug it into the computer to load books. She gets alot of stuff from the library and even keeps a database to track what she's read and what she thought of the book.

venuscat 04-21-2018 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by 3trees (Post 6867529)
Got off work from the restaurant. Usually pick up some wine and drink until 1-2am. Not tonight. Instead, I called the kids and told them to meet me outside when I got home.

Took them to Cold Stone Creamery. My son looked at me twice when I said "get whatever you want." We all got ice cream...$16 dollars worth. Still cheaper than two bottles of wine.

No hangover (except for maybe a sugar hangover)...no guilt....no stressed out kids worrying about their mom...no wondering what I did or said or wrote on social media.

This is so awesome.

Hope you all are having a great Friday.

G'night!

AWESOME!!!!!! :) :) ♥♥♥

Happy Saturday peeps. :grouphug:

venuscat 04-21-2018 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue (Post 6867586)
I have this song on my list of favorite songs - my go-to when I need to put myself in better mood.

And I never knew that it was Avicii. I've never even heard of him till yesterday.

So talented and so young.

I LOVE Avicii and this is my favourite song darling Midnight.
My favourite song in the world I mean.....gotta play it now.....Nick is asleep...hmmm.....playing it anyway. :)

PS....You should definitely buy True....fantastic album....it always makes me happy and inspires me.

MidnightBlue 04-21-2018 06:08 AM

Afternoon, weekenders.

Well. I am really reluctant to say that, but the Universe was right to ground me at home with bronchitis. More probably though my body has been exhausted with constant worry and depression because I didn't do what I felt I should be doing. So, it said "enough" and collapsed.

At some point I lost connection to my big picture. Why I am doing what I am doing. Why all these sacrifices. I've been building my life so that I can write. And I was not writing. And I had a deep hole in my sole.

With no options left but to stay at home I had time to think. And I started writing again. And this sense of feeling alive started reviving.

Dragon - Thank you for the recommendation. I will look what Sony does now.

Venus - Listening to Mean World. Love it.

It's windy outside and I am enjoying the day at home.

venuscat 04-21-2018 06:37 AM

I am in shock.....he died? OMG.

Sigh.....he was one of us. I did not know that.
Very very sad.

saoutchik 04-21-2018 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6867833)
I am in shock.....he died? OMG.

Sigh.....he was one of us. I did not know that.
Very very sad.

Only 28 too. What a waste.

Gilmer 04-21-2018 10:11 AM

I’m very glad that you’ve found your bearings, MB.

MidnightBlue 04-21-2018 10:15 AM

It's a storming rain outside.

And I've dozed off for a couple of hours.

Perfect weather to enjoy a quality night at home)

Venus - Yes, it's so sad. The entire life was yet to live, enjoy and create.

Have a great Saturday, weekenders.

Flower2327 04-21-2018 10:29 AM

Happy weekend, all :)

I'm shocked to hear about Avicii...I've had a couple of his songs on my workout playlist the last couple of months. So sad.

Gilmer 04-21-2018 10:47 AM

It’s nice to see you, Flower, even though the circumstances are sad.

Verdantia 04-21-2018 11:37 AM

I'm in! I love the idea of kintsukuroi and I don't have any tattoos (yet.) Last July I volunteered with Girls Rock Camp in St Pete, Florida; we teach girls ages 7-17 how to play an instrument, write songs and form a band. It was a wonderful experience and a lot of the instructors got tats to commemorate. I chickened out but this year I think I'll go for it. Volunteering has been a great help with my sobriety, helping others and getting out of my own head. I hope everyone has a fab weekend!

MidnightBlue 04-21-2018 12:02 PM

Welcome to the weekenders, Verdantia!

saoutchik 04-21-2018 12:30 PM

Welcome to Weekenders Flower! We are trying our best to avoid the same fate as Arvicii and many others. (I don't like to jump the gun as detaiĺs have not been made public but I am assuming drugs or alcohol where a factor)

Good to see you Verdantia!

I hope BixBees and Soberandhealthy will check in soon too.

The novelty of a warm Saturday evening means that the streets near me are exceptionally boisterous tonight.

trachemys 04-21-2018 01:22 PM

E-readers: I've always been partial to my Nook Color. When I found this: Nook to Android card I came to love it. That NC became a dual-boot color tablet instantly. I put the kindle and amazon prime apps on the android side.

MidnightBlue 04-21-2018 01:31 PM

Thank you, Trach!

Advice much appreciated!

For now on I am going to re-read Great Gatsby - I have a real book.

Though I am tempted to watch some fight. When they are going to invent computers screen which don't mess up with circadian rhythms?:lmao

Off to bed.

See you tomorrow)

gettingsmarter 04-21-2018 04:47 PM

Evening all. Dropping by.

STDragon 04-21-2018 05:00 PM

Unfortunately, Sony does not make e-readers anymore. They apperently handed everything over to Kobo.

county111111 04-21-2018 05:58 PM

Checking in

Here goes it... i'm in for Saturday night and Sunday!

Dee74 04-21-2018 06:40 PM

Welcome aboard country :)

D