SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Coming clean (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/425056-coming-clean.html)

Scout17 03-17-2018 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by golfreggie (Post 6826337)
Scout I am glad you have admitted to the forum what happened. I only have two questions, and only because I don't know you or your situation. Do you have a sponsor or an accountability partner, and have you gone to a meeting? I had a sponsor and he told me to call him "before" I drank, and I went to meetings regularly. Just my experience, hope it helps. Also, when I sponsored folks I reminded them that it is not necessary to have more than one sobriety date. Best wishes, and if you can do so, make this sobriety date the one you can claim for tomorrow, and ultimately, the rest of your life. God Bless

I have not. I have located where they meet.

I do need an accountability partner and it probably can’t be my wife.

My brother has gone through this and I may give him a call. He’s been sober about 10 months now. Nobody in my family knows I’ve been struggling with this. I was very good at covering it up. But it’s gotten to the point that I get asked what’s wrong or why I look tired or why is your face red all of the time. Not gonna work anymore

thomas11 03-17-2018 02:12 PM

No one should be ripping you, including yourself. You did what almost all of us have done at one time or another. Learn from it, remember how you felt this morning. Add those things to your tool box.

DontRemember 03-17-2018 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Scout17 (Post 6826380)

My brother has gone through this and I may give him a call. He’s been sober about 10 months now. Nobody in my family knows I’ve been struggling with this. I was very good at covering it up. But it’s gotten to the point that I get asked what’s wrong or why I look tired or why is your face red all of the time. Not gonna work anymore

don't use your wife..call your brother or get some numbers from a few meetings.

Komplex 03-17-2018 03:21 PM

Glad you’re back Scout! I’m glad you were honest and are okay!

Dee74 03-17-2018 06:26 PM

Hi scout - welcome back :)

Noone can eve beat us up as good as we do ourselves - no ripping here.

I think maybe you need a better recovery action plan tho?
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html

D

Sophie11 03-17-2018 06:44 PM

I suspect that every single one of us on this forum will know the ‘beating self up’ routine, ugh it’s awful. But you’re only human, and humans make mistakes. Look forward, using the past only to help motivate you and remind you why you want to quit- NOT to make you feel miserable. I know how very hard it is when you’ve got the booze blues but: Shake it off! Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around. Start again- you can do it this time around!

Rar 03-18-2018 04:50 AM

Glad you jumped right back here Scout. Dust yourself off and begin again. :grouphug:

golfreggie 03-19-2018 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Scout17 (Post 6826380)

My brother got sober about 7 months after I did, still sober today and he has chaired an NA meeting now for well over 20 years. So, we never know how our recovery will help others and in what way. "Love and service is our code". Keep it simple and remember it is your secrets that keep you sick. God Bless