SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Re-Discover Your True Life. Weekender Thread October 12-18 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/417283-re-discover-your-true-life-weekender-thread-october-12-18-a.html)

DesertDawg 10-12-2017 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 6634444)
My boss is on holiday, always a stressful time for me. In the past I would have drank to unwind. Instead of that I have bought cheesecake.

Cheesecake?
Suddenly wishing I worked at Sao's place of employment...

MidnightBlue 10-12-2017 01:06 PM

Back from boxing.

Survived two hours. Though the trainer noticed that I look pale and "not like myself" and advised me to take it easy. I tried to follow the advice)

Sao - Enjoy your cheesecake.

My kettle seems to work his useful life out. No coffee for me tomorrow? Friday morning? Come on!!!! I have no other kitchen appliances yet to help me out. :dee

STDragon 10-12-2017 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 6634444)
My boss is on holiday.....

As soon as I got to that part and before reading the rest I thought 'Donuts'!

LastDrop 10-12-2017 05:41 PM

Ill be here this weekend. Hoping it will be a quiet one. I have a couple events to attend but I am gonna be DD and get out of there ASAP.

Loved your first post! I guess since I relate to 99% of that I shouldnt be convincing myself on moderation.

And the cat jumping thats great!

MidnightBlue 10-12-2017 10:15 PM

Morning/evening, Weekenders!

Blood pressure is back to normal. Hope I will be more productive today.

So, my kettle makes no signs of life. Good I put "unexpected expenses" in my budget.

Have a good day/night, everyone!

saoutchik 10-12-2017 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue (Post 6634902)
So, my kettle makes no signs of life. Good I put "unexpected expenses" in my budget.

I expect you have already done this but it is worth checking the plug fuse.

Welcome to Weekenders LastDrop!

Early start here.

Lava256 10-12-2017 11:17 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the birthday messages. Means a lot.

Wishing you all a happy Friday! I'll be here reading and posting.

Lava.

theVman31 10-12-2017 11:19 PM

Hello Weekenders.
Wow I really enjoyed reading all these posts.
That went fast. I feel like Im late to the party.
Hope you had a great birthday day too Lava.
Congratulations for 5 fantastic years (tomorrow) MB. Im so glad to be here with you guys to celebrate that (sober and clearheaded)

I suppose i was afraid of trying to deal with the problems I should have dealt with a long time ago, and to face life.
Not any more.

PS : you can boil water in a saucepan.... like before kettles :)

MidnightBlue 10-13-2017 01:04 AM

Welcome to Weekenders, LastDrop!

Back home with a new kettle. Can't wait for my first cup of coffee for today. Yay!

Sao - The problem is that something went wrong with sensor panel of the kettle. And it's not the first time. So, the plug fuse is fine.

Vman - I would love to boil water in a saucepan and spare myself unnecessary trip to a hypermarket under rain. But I moved to my new apartment not so long ago (by the way, it's 4 months already), and repairs are still work in progress. My kitchen is tooo far from being ready. I have no stove - thing there. I haven't even put tiles, etc. So it's a long road.

So, an electric kettle is my only option.

Ok. Now, coffee. Finally!

STDragon 10-13-2017 03:55 AM

Happy Friday the 13th!

MidnightBlue 10-13-2017 04:14 AM

Thank you, Dragon.

Friday 13 is definitely playing its tricks with me. First, the kettle. Now my only chair literally has fallen apart.

I tried to do some work sitting on my inflatable bed -not very productive. Looks like I have to venture out and find some store around which sell stuff I can sit on)

See you)

Downthepath 10-13-2017 04:41 AM

Great opening post MB.
It has inspired me to sign up for another sober weekend.

Julia8 10-13-2017 04:42 AM

Thank you for the intro, MB! Good to see everyone. I am in for a sober weekend!

MidnightBlue 10-13-2017 04:44 AM

Welcome to the Weekenders, Downthepath!

Great to see you, Julia!

Ok, I am finally off for chair hunting)))

Midwest1981 10-13-2017 05:41 AM

MidnightBlue- I am glad you are feeling better and bought a new kettle! Good luck finding a chair.

Sao- Your mention of cheesecake had me going into the deep freeze and unthawing white chocolate macadamia nut cookies I was hiding in there. lol .

I am drinking coffee with reeses peanut butter cup creamer. Pretty good stuff.

TGIF!!

saoutchik 10-13-2017 05:57 AM

If anyone on this thread has read Catch 22 or seen the film I guess well I really feel like doing a Major Major. He was an army guy who hated being bothered with requests for decisions and told his military equivalent of a secretary to always tell people who called or phoned that he was "out" or "not available." I know how he feels.

soberclover 10-13-2017 06:05 AM

Congratulations Midnight on your 5 years :)

Happy Birthday Lava!!

Very glad it is my weekend shortly!

biminiblue 10-13-2017 06:17 AM

ha, sao. Every job I ever have they try to recruit me into management. I fell for it a couple times and both times I became that guy. I don't like being in charge - too much pressure for this alcoholic.

Yesterday I had a headache all day long. I had a bunch of errands too: couldn't have waited, could it? Of course not.

My kettle works. Good thing.

Going into Friday night, have a plan! My plan is laundry. Pretty exciting, huh? At least I know it will get done. :)

Cats, you say?

http://www.ohmagif.com/wp-content/up...ng-up-fine.gif

MidnightBlue 10-13-2017 06:38 AM

No luck with a chair - everything I saw was kind of ugly and would hurt my eye even as a temporary solution.

Internet is my friend. I'll have a cut of tea, and order something online, I guess.

Hi, Midwest and Soberclover.

Bimini - Laundry is ...refreshing)

biminiblue 10-13-2017 06:44 AM

I actually really like laundry - it is soothing to me to fold warm clothes. Tactile.