SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Drunk last night (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/407907-drunk-last-night.html)

SoberNunn 04-15-2017 05:23 PM

Drunk last night

Well I didn't make it through the Easter break. I'm so tired of it all. Why can't I do this? I'm done

FreedomCA 04-15-2017 05:43 PM

One day at a time. Don't give up.

Dee74 04-15-2017 05:45 PM

Apart from posting here, what's your recovery plan look like SN?

D

PhoenixJ 04-15-2017 05:51 PM

empathy and support. There is a good time to reboot sobriety, now SN.

SteveAlex 04-15-2017 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by SoberNunn (Post 6412524)
Well I didn't make it through the Easter break. I'm so tired of it all. Why can't I do this? I'm done

Your alive. Thats better than a lot that have struggled with this. Praying for you.

ScottFromWI 04-15-2017 05:58 PM

What are you willing to do in order to quit SN? Anyone can do it if they really want to, including you.

SoberNunn 04-15-2017 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6412557)
Apart from posting here, what's your recovery plan look like SN?

D

My plan was to post here b4 drinking but I didn't do that.

carlingford 04-15-2017 06:25 PM

Chin Up SoberNunn :)
I was there at Christmas but managed to get back on the bus again, I know you can too, I know its not easy but us alcis really don't have an option !! Try change your routines and drinking friends get in some walks, rest and eat well, time will fly by SN and you'll be back on your feet again. Best of Luck

Anna 04-15-2017 06:36 PM

You mustn't give up. What plan did you have to help you through Easter? What can you add to your plan to get back to work on your sobriety. You can do this!

Dee74 04-15-2017 07:05 PM

You need a better plan :)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html

doggonecarl 04-15-2017 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by SoberNunn (Post 6412524)
Why can't I do this?

I'd say you are not doing everything you could to ensure your sobriety stays on track. Planning to post to SR before you drink, and not doing so is one example. There's probably more. We can be tired of the drinking, we can want to get sober. But can we make the changes in our life to be done with it?

We can support, we can advise, we can share our own struggles to get sober. But we can't do the heavy lifting of your recovery. That's on you.

CreativeThinker 04-15-2017 07:40 PM

I knew from failed attempts in the past to get sober that I needed to have a well thought out plan. If I continued doing things the same way, the outcome would remain the same. Changing my routine and holding myself accountable helped me a lot Sobernun. You can do this!!!

Coming to SR to post whenever you feel the urge is a great start...but if you're not following through on your plan, how can there be a change?

Hang in there and keep getting back up and starting over! If you really want this more than anything else you've ever done, stick to your plan.

Hugs!

Done4today 04-15-2017 07:42 PM

Just keep trying to stop that's the only way stopping is possible.

Mattq2 04-15-2017 07:49 PM

Sobernunn,
I felt like you so many times. I just didn't think I would ever be sober. You must keep trying. Change your plan, get additional help, do what ever you have to but giving up should not be an option. Please keep trying.

Mizzuno 04-15-2017 07:52 PM

There is no giving up. You can do this. Absolutely! Have some faith in yourself and empower yourself. Know that you can.

Delilah1 04-15-2017 09:39 PM

I'm glad you're here and posting SoberNunn. You can do this.

Soberwolf 04-15-2017 09:47 PM

I know you can do this SN

JustTony 04-16-2017 12:34 AM

SoberNunn,

Sometimes somebody posts something that resonates so strongly with me that I can almost feel the emotion behind the words.

All I will say is that I knew EXACTLY how you felt when you wrote your opening post. I know EXACTLY what was going through your mind when you decided to drink. I know EXACTLY what was going through your mind half way through your drinking session.

Please don't give up. My last month of drinking I was consuming three bottles of wine a night - every night - no days off - and then lying in bed all day feeling like death, both physically and emotionally. If I can try again and get to day 20 then I know you can too.

If you say you can then you can. If you say that you can't then you're right.

Come on! You can do this!

SoberNunn 04-16-2017 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by JustTony (Post 6412846)
SoberNunn,

Sometimes somebody posts something that resonates so strongly with me that I can almost feel the emotion behind the words.

All I will say is that I knew EXACTLY how you felt when you wrote your opening post. I know EXACTLY what was going through your mind when you decided to drink. I know EXACTLY what was going through your mind half way through your drinking session.

Please don't give up. My last month of drinking I was consuming three bottles of wine a night - every night - no days off - and then lying in bed all day feeling like death, both physically and emotionally. If I can try again and get to day 20 then I know you can too.

If you say you can then you can. If you say that you can't then you're right.

Come on! You can do this!

Thanks tony. A lot of your posts have resonated with me. Just enjoying a green tea and settling in for the evening. Part of my problem is my husband is a heavy drinker and it's just so hard to be around him. He's home from work all Easter and drinking!

PhoenixJ 04-16-2017 02:49 AM

just post when the cravings hit, SN, wait for a reply.