SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Drunk last night (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/407907-drunk-last-night.html)

SoberNunn 04-16-2017 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6412913)
just post when the cravings hit, SN, wait for a reply.

Thanks Phoenix.

LadyBlue0527 04-16-2017 03:17 AM

Hi SoberNunn,

The following words don't have anything to do with how easy they are to accomplish, but still, it's a fact.

Point blank, the only way to quit drinking is to fully accept that there will never be a reason nor an excuse for you to drink. That's the only way it will work. You can formulate a strong plan and routine and none of that will matter unless that's true.

You are the only one who gives yourself permission to drink. You are the only one who can remove that permission. Suggestions and support here can help but it still all comes down to you.

Remove all possibility of drinking from your mind under all circumstances and it will happen.

There's a reason for my signature line and it has done well for me for almost a year now. Again, sometimes not easy but ALWAYS true.

Hopefulone01 04-16-2017 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 (Post 6412956)
Hi SoberNunn,

Point blank, the only way to quit drinking is to fully accept that there will never be a reason nor an excuse for you to drink. That's the only way it will work. You can formulate a strong plan and routine and none of that will matter unless that's true.

You are the only one who gives yourself permission to drink. You are the only one who can remove that permission. Suggestions and support here can help but it still all comes down to you.

Remove all possibility of drinking from your mind under all circumstances and it will happen.

I couldn't agree more or have said it better. I quit so many times I cant count. Once for a year and a half. I always had some reason that might occur that would be that exception to allow me to drink again. The long run was that I would only drink if my boss asked me to. Amazing it only took a few months at a new job to find a new drinking partner (my boss.:headbange).

I know now there is NO reason I would ever drink again. Not if I had a crystal ball and knew the outcome, not if I had a limited time to live, no reason would ever be good enough to turn me back.

I have lived by this mantra for over 6 years now. I hope today you will stay sober with me.

KES06 04-16-2017 04:07 AM

It sucks that your husband drinks, therefore it's probably always in the house, right?
You have to be stronger than what is in that bottle/can. Remember, it's a poison. You are STRONGER than that liquid. So get back on the wagon and start over. You can ALWAYS start over. :grouphug:

Eastcoaster20 04-16-2017 07:27 AM

Happy Easter SoberNunn! Is there anyway you can talk to your husband about how you're feeling? Maybe a discussion of what you're going through will help him understand that you just simply cannot have him drinking at home right now.

PurpleKnight 04-16-2017 01:49 PM

You can do this, get a plan together and go from there!! :)

SoberNunn 04-16-2017 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Eastcoaster20 (Post 6413354)
Happy Easter SoberNunn! Is there anyway you can talk to your husband about how you're feeling? Maybe a discussion of what you're going through will help him understand that you just simply cannot have him drinking at home right now.

I've had so many discussions with him.