SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay sober Easter Weekender - we can all come back from the dead 14-17 April (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/407761-stay-sober-easter-weekender-we-can-all-come-back-dead-14-17-april.html)

BrendaChenowyth 04-19-2017 02:26 PM

I'm such a downer lately.. I'm pretty tired of it.

saoutchik 04-19-2017 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Soberwolf (Post 6419318)
Sao the UK is so soft on crime it beggers belief

Actually this guy was in Seattle Soberwolf. I could not tell if the guy was still allowed on the road or not. He was supposed to have an Interlock device (he didn't) which makes me think he still had a license and could still drive, with restrictions which seem baffling.

biminiblue 04-19-2017 03:18 PM

Yeah, I'm in Seattle. We live in a very permissive, hands-off state unfortunately.

This doesn't surprise me, sad to say.

BrendaChenowyth 04-19-2017 03:26 PM

Don't know if there's an appropriate place on this forum for this question.. But am I correct in assuming that I can not report someone to the police for harassment if I have not responded to their attempts to contact me and they haven't been excessive? I would have to have documentation of an excessive amount of communication from them as well as evidence that I have asked them to stop, am I right?

CreativeThinker 04-19-2017 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 6419279)
I don't know how this is possible but I have just been reading about a man who has been arrested for his 11th! DUI. He has already served many years in prison. It is unclear to me if the man has a valid driving license.

UNREAL! :e136:

CreativeThinker 04-19-2017 03:33 PM

Lava- I'm so sorry you lost your mom. It's the hardest grief there is...please take care of yourself!

One of my relapses was after I lost my mom. Please, do not do what I did and drink to get through the pain. It took me close to a decade to get back on my feet again!

I've always wished that I had thought of my mom and how proud she would have been to know that I didn't pick up during that time.

God bless!

petals 04-19-2017 03:54 PM

Sorry about your loss lava please keep posting and take care xx

biminiblue 04-19-2017 03:58 PM

Brenda I called the police when an ex kept calling me over and over after I'd asked him to stop.

Just call and see what they say. I got lots of help. They will give you information. In my case they contacted him and opened a case.

He didn't do it again for a couple years and by then I didn't care.

BrendaChenowyth 04-19-2017 04:18 PM

If I did say hey I think someone is stalking me / harassing me, they would reach out to the person and ask them what's up at least? Cause I feel like I'd need a lot more to substantiate a complaint that would justify any sort of action on their part.. Like they haven't been on my property, they haven't called or text excessively from their own number of fb account.. I got some weird texts from an unknown number I think was them and got anonymous fb messages I think was them.. They wouldn't respond to any of that, I don't think.. the phone is a prepay and the accounts were deactivated. So nothing to go on..

biminiblue 04-19-2017 04:31 PM

It depends on what this person is texting/saying. Is it someone you had a relationship with?

If it's just harmless annoyance, not much they will do. If it is dangerous or threatening, I would call and talk to someone. Just call the local police, if you feel threatened. Not 911, just the local number.

Stop worrying and call.

BrendaChenowyth 04-19-2017 04:36 PM

It's things of a taunting/messing with me/trying to get under my skin kind of a nature.. but nothing serious.. it's childish. I would think I'd be wasting a police officers time.. even if I know the police officer :P

I am just glad I'm sober tonight.

STDragon 04-19-2017 06:19 PM

Bad day today. Daughters anxiety was up so I stayed with her, got to work just before noon. Didn't get lunch 'cause a contractor unexpectedly showed up and I had to stay with him for an hour, then the power went out for an hour so I couldn't heat my lunch. Then an hour later the power went out again. Everybody went home but I had to stay. Power was restored before 7 and it takes nearly and hour check on everything before I came home.

STDragon 04-19-2017 06:21 PM

April, except for the few days I was in Oahu, has been a really bad month.

Gilmer 04-19-2017 06:58 PM

I'm sorry, Dragon.

PhoenixJ 04-19-2017 09:28 PM

Be well stdd

Soberwolf 04-19-2017 10:05 PM

Morning

saoutchik 04-19-2017 10:23 PM

BrendaChenowyth I would leave it today but if it persists then call yor local police as biminiblue suggests.

SoberTDragon that sounds like the day from hell. Best wishes to your daughter.

STDragon 04-20-2017 03:38 AM

Morning all. Slept well 'cept I had nightmares that we were being held captive by a gun man and my dad getting killed. I very rarely have bad dreams like that.

biminiblue 04-20-2017 06:07 AM

STD... you are under some psychological pressure it sounds like. :hug:

I hope you find some peace and maybe a walk. I find petting someone's dog to be helpful as well.

Hang on.

News flash!! It's not raining in Seattle. What? :)