SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   It's Never Too Late Weekender July 22 Part 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/394802-its-never-too-late-weekender-july-22-part-1-a.html)

MLD51 07-21-2016 12:18 PM

Now I want linen sheets, after reading up on them. I found the retailer you mentioned, J. almost $200. Gulp. But the quality seems better than the set I found at $135.

Soberpotamus 07-21-2016 12:34 PM

There's a free shipping promo code if you search for it, Marty. I looked just now and it should save you $20 or so on a sheet set.

If you don't find it, I can PM it to you. I found it at retailmenot.

MLD51 07-21-2016 12:40 PM

Thanks, J, I'm still thinking about it.

Soberpotamus 07-21-2016 12:45 PM

It's a luxury item, for sure. I tend to see it this way ... we spend 8+ hours of every day in the bed. That's a good chunk of our lives over time. Sleep quality matters. Plus, it's a great way to reward yourself in sobriety.

:)

Leave it to me to help justify the luxury sheets purchase, lol.

Salmon with steamed edamame for lunch.

I'm thinking Chinese for dinner.

Tetra 07-21-2016 01:17 PM

Is there a seat on the bus for me?
Pay day today meant getting out of bed was a little easier this morning and I was at work a tad earlier than usual. Of course I was chatting with my co-worker whose desk is right beside mine and she said "I can't believe the way Jane is bullying you. I haven't been able to look her in the eyes over the past few days". She did really annoy me yesterday when she was telling me how to do my job and getting stuck into my business. I know how to do my job and we haven't switched consultants yet so until we do, she can mind her own business.

It's funny that I thought everyone in my office were good friends until the other lady said to me today that she never liked Jane. She is always sweet as pie to her face and I never would have guessed.

If my Gran was still here she would say "you are learning the ways of the world dear but not fast enough" . I still have a lot to learn I guess.

lunar 07-21-2016 01:21 PM

Hi Tetra

Soberwolf 07-21-2016 01:23 PM

Hope everyone is doing ok this evening

brynn 07-21-2016 01:24 PM

Linen sheets are the bomb!

Spent my lunch break running around doing errands. According to the weather channel it's 99 and feels like 106...still in double digits yay! I feel so bad for the guys working outside! They must be drained at the end of the day!

My weekend begins in 2 1/2 hours! Chinese stirfry sounds good with veggie fried rice and lots of soy!

brynn 07-21-2016 01:26 PM

Hi tetra! Hi Wolfie!

Behan 07-21-2016 01:34 PM

Sounds delish Brynn

lunar 07-21-2016 01:36 PM

Still at work, wishin' I was fishin'
LB, the electric---men---do--leen is for you.

LBrain 07-21-2016 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
taking a break... sun is unforgiving...
okay, time to bore you with some photos... this is what being sober has given me the motivation to complete...

decided to finish the stairway to nowhere that I started around ten years ago give or take, when I came across some more free wood scraps... first pic is what it looked like on May 26

LBrain 07-21-2016 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
next pic is what it looked like on June 16th? Steps 'done' and working on the landscape with rocks on top section.

LBrain 07-21-2016 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Left for smoky mountains on June 19, returned the 27th and started to work on the rest the 28th I think. Took a few days off here and there for other things and also continued to work on the garden and some other projects...

this is what it looks like today

LBrain 07-21-2016 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another view, still some minor details to address, and adjusting the stone some, the 'stepping stones' are for possible placement - not final and need more

LBrain 07-21-2016 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
one more, and I don't care if she likes the green or not - it's staying!

Coldfusion 07-21-2016 02:12 PM

LBrain, I admire your creativity and dedication. I am just glad I made it to the dump today and got a load of dishes done.

I stopped at the shellfish farm on the way home and got oysters for myself for lunch and crab for dinner. My wife is on a highly-restricted diet, but she is allowed crab and says she loses more weight when she eats crab.

Soberpotamus 07-21-2016 02:14 PM

It looks awesome, Brain. :) That is a ton of hard work and creativity, and tenacity.

Ruby2 07-21-2016 02:16 PM

I still love flannel sheets. Nice and fuzzy.

Spiders, chocolate and nests of kittens. I like ginger cats. I like chocolate. Dip the kittens in chocolate?

Brain, you're a man on a mission. It looks really nice.

Tetra, I've learned that even if I don't like someone, I try to at least be polite. Some days it works. Some days it doesn't. I'm betting that MOST of your co-workers don't care for Jane but you do all have to work together. You're doing just fine.

I'm tired and ready to head home for the day. But I've got STUFF to do after I get home. Running around. What fun.

Soberpotamus 07-21-2016 02:17 PM

Tetra, I thought the same about my co-workers at the post office. There are about five other women besides me. We aren't all there at the same time, though. Anyway, I thought they were all close and friendly. But as soon as one leaves the room, the others begin to tell me all sorts of awful things about her. Pretty disgusting. And I know it means they are talking about me when I leave the room. So I've determined not to give them much to talk about. And apparently, they'll make up things if they have nothing on you. They made up something completely false, and I laughed so hard when one of them worked up the nerve to ask me about it.

These women have no lives.