SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The Grand Old Weekender July 15th Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/394598-grand-old-weekender-july-15th-part-2-a.html)

brynn 07-17-2016 03:45 PM

Jen hope your cars ok!

Sao, I was just thinking of summer in London (sounds like an oxymoron), but how warm does it usually get in summertime over there?

Soberpotamus 07-17-2016 03:47 PM

Ruby, although I can't relate specifically, I can understand the frustration you must feel, because I often look around my home and feel stuck with a guy who isn't on the same page/wavelength. And yet, I'm not ready to part ways. So I definitely feel that sense of being pulled in a few directions, and the frustration and at times, even a sense of futility.

Jsbodhi 07-17-2016 03:58 PM

MNL- you've got it in my head- I think I'm going hike jasper skyline this weekend for a couple days, or next instead of going to my lake cabin.
I'm going to reschedule the cabin for late august and combine it with my sunshine coast trail trip.
Its kinda on the way anyway!

Behan 07-17-2016 04:10 PM

More Love/Hate binging. It just gets better and better. Very intense and morbidly funny.

Sorry to read you are dealing with continued stuff at home Ruby.

Good night all.

B

MLD51 07-17-2016 04:15 PM

MNL - it's good you came right back and told us. Start again. Stick close here. And stay away from parties for a while! I had to - I just didn't feel stable enough.

Handyman and I are at a picnic at the AA club next town over. Lots of people I haven't met. And usually that's hard for me but it's all sober folks who know where I've been. So it's ok. One lady heard me speak last night. She said some really nice things. :)

MLD51 07-17-2016 04:16 PM

Ruby - sorry about Mr. Ruby. I don't know how you do it.

Soberpotamus 07-17-2016 04:49 PM

I used an app to scan the barcodes on a huge pile of old CDs we've collected throughout our entire lives, lol. I'm boxing them up to send them in. They'll deposit the money in our account. Pretty cool.

Depressing how much money I put into those CDs and how much I'm getting back. I'm shipping off the soundtracks to my life in one big box and getting next to nothing for them.

Freed up space in my home = priceless.

Soberpotamus 07-17-2016 04:59 PM

trachemys 07-17-2016 05:16 PM

So, what did y'all do while I was gone?

I'll read back and see.

soberclover 07-17-2016 05:29 PM

Thinking of you Ruby; what a yuck situation. You are a strong woman.

Ruby2 07-17-2016 05:39 PM

Thanks guys. I wasn't going to mention it because it's been the same story, different weekend for a long time. Soberpotamus articulated it best. Something has to give but I'm still feeling stuck. That was a word that popped up on auto carrot and it fits. This week I seriously considered changing the locks but he sneaked in at 6:30 am while I was sleeping.

Marty, I love AA picnics. It's usually good food and good people watching. And meeting people.

Ruby2 07-17-2016 05:44 PM

In the meantime, I've washed some filthy floors and now I'm going to tackle the kitchen before settling down to do crossword puzzles. I keep paying for the daily paper delivery but honestly, I never read it anymore. It's for the crossword

biminiblue 07-17-2016 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by brynn (Post 6049170)
I'm on an eating binge today (at least it's a binge for me). A frozen fruit Popsicle thing, an apple and two fun size snickers! I attribute it to cramps...lady parts Tuesday has migrated to Sunday lol!

Oh a bunny! I want one! And a tiny pig, too! And a giraffe, but I know that's probably not gonna happen!

<snip>

You're gonna be soooooooo huge. Right. I bet you weigh a buck ten.

"tiny pig" I thought, "Well, there's an oxymoron," and then you used oxymoron in your next post.

Great minds and all that...

Ruby. This is why I've been single since the last century. Well, that and all the other reasons I've told ya'll.

I've done my beach hike every day this week. Feels good. Sun on my shoulders, salt water on my skin, blonder hair, lose a couple pounds from the exercise. Life is infinitely better without my brain being scrambled by alcohol.

Night all. Well done for those of you who made it thru the weekend sober. That's how we do it. Prayers for those still struggling.

MissNewLife 07-17-2016 06:06 PM

Ruby that sucks I'm sorry to hear about your partner being so irresponsible :( It sounds like some former relationships I've had and I'm so happy to not be in one of those right now.

I'm getting so irritated with my cat. He just meows at doors and expects me to drop everything and open them for him. Meow at the bedroom, I let him in. Meow to get out. Meow at the closet because he wants in there. Like COME ON!!!!

:P

Still sober. I can tell I won't sleep tonight. So much anxiety and panicky. Glad I don't have to work tomorrow.

Upward2Enlightenment 07-17-2016 06:06 PM

You have my sympathies Ruby. :hug:

Jsbodhi 07-17-2016 06:07 PM

That happens to me too MNL- insomnia for days after drinking

I think that's why I've been having nightmares that there's a serial killer rapist in my room at night and have been waking up in a panic- its residual from the last time I just drank.

Jsbodhi 07-17-2016 06:30 PM

Ok!

I've decided on my spring trip next year after school lets out!!!
Wheeeeee
I'll fly to Phoenix- do a backpacking trip in the grand canyon- then drive through new mexico and texas, back into Louisiana ( hang out there and go around the south again, to look at stuff I missed and to visit Roanoke in prison)
He'll most likely being going to a federal pen in Yazoo city Mississippi, Talledega Alabama or Memphis.
Then I'll fly home from Atlanta.

Ven you'll have to give me NM tips the closer I get, and Brynn in texas.

While I'm on the subject- prison story to follow.

I feel bad- I took a ton of pics for roanoke and his brother's hometown for his brother who is my pen pal in prison.
I didn't know what he wanted to see so I took pics of literally everything.
Anyway I was all excited to send them so he could see his hometown because its been over a decade since he was home.

It didn't go so well- I accidentally took a pic of the place where the gunfight happened that landed him in prison, and the town looks different shops are closed etc
So he was really depressed and laying in bed in his cell all day super depressed.
Nice work Jen......

Prison story number 2
I asked Roanoke if he was nervous to go to prison, and he said a little, but not too worried; he told me last time he was there he found a cellie ( cellmate) that was an old guy in a wheelchair- so he could at least sleep at night....
So he was gonna try for something like that again.

MesaMan 07-17-2016 06:36 PM

Happy Sundaze ~

Sitting up here in Paradise enjoying the cool; now that Clouds have moved in. Somehow, I spent all Day just muckin' around with Trailer Electrical stuff while tweaking Boondocking tricks [like Water Conservation], and Cleaning. Small Spaces rock in the that regard. Took a short Nap to recharge after a long Walk with MesaDog. In the Pic below, see the endless flat top to this massive, ancient Seabed that was once surrounded by ~40,000' Volcanoes.

Mid-Picture to the right, over the Hood of my Truck, see what these Bluffs look like. The same precipitous edge is right in back of the Cedar in the Pic middle. Great Toilet Water-saving fun to have an edge like that handy if you're a Guy. With a good sense of balance. This Site is definitely not for the Hammered. With 2.5 Years behind me as of last Weekend, that's a non-issue. I simply forgot about my Sober Time until I typed that prior Sentence after counting Months on my Fingers.

The discovery today is that Biting Flies like my Belt Pack. Being Leather and all, I guess they think it's still a Cow. A great diversion, whatever the reason. Glad I brought plenty of Insect Spray. 'Tropical Fresh OFF'. Mebbe I'll dream of Hula Babes tonight. On my Truck Dashboard, that is...

Spent an Hour on the Phone with MesaMate. She was pretty jazzed about her long Weekend with a Gal Pal, and I was happy doin' my Solo thing. So, I think we're onto a new Phase of what's worked in the past: Quality Separate Time.

With the Wind almost nil, it could be a safe, small Campfire tonight before heading back down to MesaVille tomorrow.

http://i68.tinypic.com/35i7wvs.jpg

Upward2Enlightenment 07-17-2016 06:43 PM

That's some beautiful country there Mesa.

MissNewLife 07-17-2016 06:47 PM

Travels sound so exciting Jen!