SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   St. Patrick's Sober Weekender Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/387055-st-patricks-sober-weekender-thread-part-2-a.html)

Dee74 03-19-2016 05:21 AM

St. Patrick's Sober Weekender Thread Part 2

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-1-a-19.html

D

MLD51 03-19-2016 05:29 AM

Shotgun?

Tetra 03-19-2016 05:30 AM

Congrats MLD and thank you Dee :)

Tetra 03-19-2016 05:31 AM

Actually it's been very fast I think.
Usually we don't reach part 2 until Saturday night.

Melina 03-19-2016 05:31 AM

SO CLOSE!

See Marty! You're a winner already! Now go kick some chili competition bootay!

xoxo

OldTomato 03-19-2016 05:42 AM

Thanks for the new thread Dee. The weekender has been so busy recently, you're right Tetra.

brynn 03-19-2016 06:06 AM

Congrats Marty and good luck today!! :)

Brain, have a good trip!

Getting geared up to babysit all day!
Xo

brynn 03-19-2016 06:12 AM

Ken, when will you get test results? (Sorry if I missed it on the other thread).
Please disregard....just read your thread. Hugs :hug:

Hawkeye13 03-19-2016 06:15 AM

Happy Saturday, or Sunday, depending on Zone :)
Good luck w/ the chili MLD--I like the bean replacement method
in terms of texture that Melina suggested.
Specially good if you can cook them with some hamhock and carmelized
onions before puree--
Downside is many people, particularly Texans, don't consider beans
a "legal" chili ingredient and insist they be served on the side,
if at all. . .

brynn 03-19-2016 06:21 AM

Yep...Beans are for Yankee chili! :)

MLD51 03-19-2016 06:31 AM

Well, I'm a Yankee, so beans it is! I think the heat will be ok. My tastebuds are compromised due to a head injury a few years ago, so I don't taste much, but I can feel heat. I'm hoping I'm just getting the heat and not much to balance it when I taste it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

brynn 03-19-2016 06:41 AM

Marty, you're such a good cook it's always amazed me that you have trouble tasting! And I still think you could make a killing catering!

Kris47 03-19-2016 06:44 AM

Good Morning, beans and all............................ :)

Soberwolf 03-19-2016 07:12 AM

Thanks for the new part D

Afternoon my time how is everyone good I hope x

Weasel1966 03-19-2016 07:13 AM

Hi Kris!

Hey team. Brynn... Yeah I get the results mid April. But the tests told me a lot already. High anxiety! Lol. Oh well. Feeling better today.

Not sure what to do with the information. But I know information run amok does no one any good. So go back to normal and wait.

Thinking of making bread today. Mex made some and I want to try.

Also someone told me about a Netflix show called the mind of a chef. I want to look that up.

K

Kris47 03-19-2016 07:16 AM

Good morning SW and Weasel. Time to get a shower in while it showers here.

Have a Good day everyone.....................

happyandfree 03-19-2016 07:24 AM

Wow, I just missed the flip...congratulations mld!
I was up at 5:30 but got back to sleep for 2 hours of blissful sleep.
relaxing day planned around here.

Weasel1966 03-19-2016 07:27 AM

Hi Midnight!!!!

Hi HaF!!!

happyandfree 03-19-2016 07:31 AM

Hi Weasel! Baking bread sounds delightful. ...only problem with me is , when I bake bread I eat so much bread. Especially when it's fresh out of the oven with butter and honey...yum! I could eat the whole loaf :(
I want to make cinnamon bread sometime soon.

MLD51 03-19-2016 07:34 AM

Oh now I want to make cinnamon bread!

OldTomato 03-19-2016 07:49 AM

Reading the posts on this thread always makes me hungry. :scared:

Kris47 03-19-2016 07:50 AM

I'm lazy down here. When we go back north I make all my bread. I make mostly rye hiivaleipa and a garden cracked grain. You all have made me hungry for hot out of the oven with lots of butter.

Ruby2 03-19-2016 08:02 AM

Good morning everyone. Slow start to the day here. I stayed in bed until 9, which is unheard of.

Grocery shopping later on. That's about it. Meeting. It's kind of grim out.

Sao, I laughed out loud at the drunkest man contest of 2014. Think of all the unsung champions who couldn't fill out the paperwork. A contest we don't want to win anymore.

Bread sounds good. Have a lovely day. I'll bet your chili isn't too hot MLD.

Venecia 03-19-2016 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by OldTomato (Post 5859368)
Reading the posts on this thread always makes me hungry. :scared:

Same here.

Off in a bit for a haircut. Always boosts the ol' self-esteem.

Didn't plan for the weekend very well. You fine folks may be my only company.

Kris47 03-19-2016 08:20 AM

Raining here. Not a good bread day.

Venecia 03-19-2016 08:22 AM

Here's one for all the true crime program fans.

Battle over 'First 48' TV footage now embroils up to 12 court cases - StarTribune.com

Jsbodhi 03-19-2016 08:49 AM

Morning!

I stayed up waaaayyyy too late last night..... I was up until 3:30 am watching a documentary on netflix- the barkley marathon!!! So good! If you're looking for something to watch I suggest that.

Booked my hotels in Savannah and new orleans- just gonna wing if for the rest of the trip camping.
Been planning a backpacking trip for July on the Sunshine Coast here in Canada along the Pacific. Starts in a place called " desolation sound"
I like to go whale watching on the west coast ( orcas mostly)while kayaking, so I'll do that too :)
We have " spirit bears" in that area- they're all white :)

I'm going to have to go hiking tomorrow, I have to go into work today, that's ok, it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow.

Plan today is: work, river walk, hill sprint, cook dinner, read, paint.

Oh yeah.... And my taxes.

Enjoy brain! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Have fun today Melina!

Hello to the new people, welcome!!!

Ken xoxo

What?!?! No beans in chilli?! Huh?
Good luck MLD! I agree, you're off to a good start getting shotgun!

Hi UK ers!

We'll keep you company ven! :)

Ruby I hope you enjoyed sleeping in!

Weasel1966 03-19-2016 09:07 AM

Anyone see John Adams on Amazon?

MesaMan 03-19-2016 09:07 AM

Feel free to call me 'Spirit Bear'. I'm definitely White. And, I used to love 'Spirits'.

Trip to Da Big City imminently. Sushi. Recycling. Big Box Hardware Store. Supplies to do a ruggedized 10' Flagpole with Braces to be set in Concrete. It needs to hold a 100 Watt Solar Panel + Gear to run the Gate-end of the Wireless Internet Bridge from the House to the Telephone Box ~1,400' away. The temporary iteration of this Link is working well.

I also need to Cow-proof this Install. Either Metal Corral Panels around it, or rugged Posts w/Barbed Wire for when those destructive Cow Fooks invade our Land from the DrunkAzz p/t Neighbor adjacent. They like to scratch against anything around. One of the DUI Pals from the Dog Park is helping me tomorrow get crankin' on the next Phase of this Project.

The Stem Wall Forms for the far edge of the Stamped Concrete Patio Project on a slight slope are done. That Concrete Pour happens on Monday. Mebbe another ~1.5 or 2 Weeks after that for Project completion.

Empty the Dishwasher this Morning. Countertops. Laundry going. That is all. When in doubt, Peace Out.

Jsbodhi 03-19-2016 09:11 AM

Ok mesa, you're spirit bear to me now :) xoxo