SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   St. Patrick's Sober Weekender Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/387055-st-patricks-sober-weekender-thread-part-2-a.html)

MLD51 03-20-2016 06:13 PM

I just downloaded "The God of Small Things." I needed a break from my crime/legal/cop books. I'm looking forward to it. I've had a pretty nothing day, as far as activity goes. Did get out to watch a little basketball with friends.

Very active day in my head, though.

Melina 03-20-2016 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi (Post 5861669)
Haha, nit sure what the name for the trout recipe is.
I picked it up from a woman in Transylvania, it my mom's favourite; we call it Transylvania trout. Haha

Trout meunière amandine. A classic! You'll definitely find it all over the place at the standards in New Orleans.

Transylvania trout sounds way more thug life! I like it much better!

Good job on recognizing a trigger and for mentioning it here! Maybe a splash of white wine vinegar wouldn't be triggering and could still provide the acidic note to the butter sauce...

GS, I hope your finger heals quickly. I hope your knife was very sharp, that helps a lot with pain and healing time.

Ruby, feel better soon!

Hi everyone, I had a decent day. Job applying and such. Nap, of course.

Tmro I want to squash the little festering things on my to do list. Fingers crossed.

I'm going to go to a meeting in a bit.

Jsbodhi 03-20-2016 06:19 PM

Hey Marty, did you ever find out about that breakthrough?
You said earlier you felt something, and just now you mentioned you had been thinking.

Thanks Melina! Haha, your thug life is rubbing off on me.
I noticed I had more errors in that post that " nit"
That's what I get for not editing ;)

Jsbodhi 03-20-2016 06:26 PM

What I remember most from the " the god of small things" Marty, is the word "tomorrow"
I'm sure haf knows what I mean :)
I hope you enjoy it!
I get stuck on waaaay too much crime too.

Jsbodhi 03-20-2016 06:27 PM

Edit! Posted a link that has drinking. And dirty dancing.

MLD51 03-20-2016 06:31 PM

My breakthrough was just a feeling of calmness about some things that have been really bothering me. I let some stuff go. It was a very zen sort of thing. Hard to explain. I feel all loose and floppy now. I was holding a lot of tension in my jaw and shoulders.

Jsbodhi 03-20-2016 06:35 PM

This is just an edit about my last post.
I think I have to type something, if I leave it blank people will ask if anything is wrong.

Melina 03-20-2016 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by MLD51 (Post 5861807)
My breakthrough was just a feeling of calmness about some things that have been really bothering me. I let some stuff go. It was a very zen sort of thing. Hard to explain. I feel all loose and floppy now. I was holding a lot of tension in my jaw and shoulders.

That sounds wonderful! What a gift! Send me some :)
I'm happy you feel good!

Melina 03-20-2016 06:37 PM

Jen, are you still thinking about the nonalcoholic white wine trigger or are you ok now?

Jsbodhi 03-20-2016 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Melina (Post 5861813)
Jen, are you still thinking about the nonalcoholic white wine trigger or are you ok now?

Aw, no, I'm ok now :)
Thanks Melina.
Xo

MLD51 03-20-2016 06:47 PM

I actually tried some nonalcoholic wine quite a while back. It was so disgusting. Never again. It didn't trigger me, probably because it was so awful.

Jsbodhi 03-20-2016 07:03 PM

Shameless plug: of my favourite songs is the theme song to where I live.
Love it!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eke4s0erdgs

MesaMan 03-20-2016 07:10 PM

I'm drinking my fav Diet Ginger Beer. Unlike the Pic below, it's not any sort of 'Trigger'. Those of a certain age will understand this TV Show reference.

A good Day 'round here w/o apparent signs of Alcohol. I did my own Mental Processing today, and it was all good, reaffirming Mojo.

We made good progress on the Wireless Internet Antenna Set-up out at the Gate. Got some Concrete poured, and 2 Brace Posts set.

At the Dog Park, I chatted up a Gent who has 9 used 10'-long Ranch Panels for sale. On the cheap. These are like Metal Farm Gates sans Hinges, made of rounded Tubing. As seen at Rodeos. I'm gonna buy all or part. 3 or 4 of them will form a Cow-proof Stockade around the Internet Antenna Posts out at our Gate, and prevent Alien Cow damage. Such a fortuitous deal! He's in kind of an Internet 'hole' in a Valley insofar as fast Landline or Cellular coverage goes. I helped him out some today, and will see if I can help further. He knows lots of the Folks around us up here. Pay it forward...

Nice to read of all the neato Insights and Activities here today!

http://i63.tinypic.com/23wv7ra.jpg

Venecia 03-20-2016 07:16 PM

You had me at "diet ginger beer," Mesa.

I have come to enjoy ginger beer, but it is a fairly sugary drink. Have enjoyed Reed's Ginger Beer that Trader Joe's carries. I didn't know that a diet version was available. Where have you found it? Brand name?

Mucho gracias!

MesaMan 03-20-2016 07:30 PM

I buy Diet Ginger Beer at our local Krogers-owned Supermarket. Nationally, as I found out when down in Arizona in January, Krogers goes by various Supermarket names. $2.99 on sale today for a 4 Pack, so I bagged 4. Usually $4.99.

The Brand is 'Kock & Bull'. Around since 1946. The 'K' to replace a 'C' is a work-around of the Auto Censor Software here to avoid confusion about the British-style Brand. I find the Brand Name ironically Autobiographical. :cool:

Delilah1 03-20-2016 07:53 PM

Getting smart I hope your finger is okay, the cut and then the idea of lemon juice getting into it is causing me to wince!!

Spent today watching my daughter's final performance in her most recent show. She did great, and actually was given an award at the Cast Party after.

I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow, vacation is a good thing.

Hope everyone has a great night!!!

❤️Delilah

Upward2Enlightenment 03-20-2016 08:21 PM

Thank goodness I'm home. :notworthy
I went to visit my step family today. OMG ... the drama and stress there. I don't know how they do it day in and day out, if I lived there I would be both an alcoholic and drug addict.

Sounds like most had a good day.
Wondering if jen is a vampire now though. :Bat09: Lol.

Still concerned about GS's finger.

Now to relax and destress.

Upward2Enlightenment 03-20-2016 08:23 PM

Mesa, do you think he still rode trigger after he had him stuffed? *bad image*

MesaMan 03-20-2016 09:00 PM

Welp ~

It reads as if Trigger was still quite the Tourist draw; even when up in Horsey Heaven.

- Roadside America -

And, on that note...

- 'Happy Trails To You' ~ Roy Rogers & Dale Evans -

Jsbodhi 03-20-2016 09:12 PM

I think I might be looking to get a dog. ( maybe)
A big one- I've been researching, and I can bring a dog with me hiking Appalachian trail as well as the pacific coast trail, jasper skyline among others....
It might be ok, I'm a loyal and responsible friend.

I enquired about a st Bernard, malamute, Rottweiler puppy.
Not sure, I'll see.

Yes I do know how much work a dog requires. Xoxo