SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   St. Patrick's Sober Weekender Thread Part 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/386941-st-patricks-sober-weekender-thread-part-1-a.html)

Upward2Enlightenment 03-17-2016 10:15 AM

I told her it was me ruby but insists on blaming the cats. ;)

Melina 03-17-2016 10:22 AM

Morning/afternoon, all!

Complaining about my back pain here on SR did the trick! It worked itself out! Thank you, oh magical Weekenders thread! Now, about my bank account..... lol

The internet and texting sucked my morning away and that's just fine bc I got to catch up with a lot of things and people. Also, my dad called and I love talking to him.

I did that 23 and me thing a year or so ago for free in return for using my genetic information for a study on Crohn's. I am 21.8% British/Irish. 98.9% European overall. I'm super fascinated by being 1.1% sub Saharan African. So cool! I wish I was more mixed so I could go to many places all over the globe and seek out relatives and be like WE ARE FAMILY YOU MUST SHOW ME ALL YOUR CULINARY SECRETS lolol not even kidding!

I saw a couple things at meetings last night. One kid walked out of a meeting last night, found out today he did cocaine and smoked weed. Another lady was in withdrawals, on Librium from the ER, going into treatment today but was asking us for money and a place to stay last night.

Very rough stuff and I'm so glad I'm not looking at a substance the way they were five minutes before they used. There's no relief or respite in any of that. And I'm quite liking the good rest I'm getting and seeing my clear eyes everyday, and slowly getting connected to humanity. Imma stay sober today, and I'm grateful for that.

MLD51 03-17-2016 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 5855915)
MLD, your cats are too cute to have eaten your bread.

Oh, they LOOK all cute. Until they eat my bread, puke on my bed, or scratch the Sh*t out of my furniture. They are the reason I can't have nice things.

Kris47 03-17-2016 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by lunar (Post 5855454)
LB-
Power Pro or SeaGuar?
Or good ole' Trilene XL?

I'm just a girl with a hook and a harness crawler................. Happy Fishing you guys!

Upward2Enlightenment 03-17-2016 10:40 AM

I'll probably be talking to myself after this ... but here goes

Kris47 03-17-2016 10:41 AM

Happy Day Everyday!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...hamrocksth.gif

Kris47 03-17-2016 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by LBrain (Post 5855567)
ha, I was just getting ready to close up shop here and get to work around the house. Wife bitched at me yesterday because I didn't do laundry for a week.
But I'll answer the question MLD ;)

Salt water fishing reels/rods, fishing line brands. The wife complains when I tell I need a fishing rod because "You already have too many."

This may not be the best analogy but it just came to me: Fishing rods are like women's shoes. Would you wear tan pumps with a black sequined evening dress? I think not. Different shoes for different occasions.
Fishing is the same way...

I've got some of the best fishing lure earrings................

Kris47 03-17-2016 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by MLD51 (Post 5855617)
Stupid cats. I forgot to put my fresh bread up in the cupboard. They chewed through the bag and got a large area of the top crust chewed up pretty good. My fault for leaving it out, I guess. Still edible, but not very pretty!

Irish soda? Love any kind of homemade bread. Yum!

Ruby2 03-17-2016 11:02 AM

My cat licked the butter off my soda bread last night. I didn't finish my bread.

MLD, I saw some photos of my older cat when she was a kitten. One of my armchairs is seen in the background. Cats beat the heck out of the furniture. It needs to be recovered because the arms are shredded with stuffing coming out. Little brats.

Melina, that's cool that you had the genetic testing thing. My mom bought that for my dad for Christmas. I guess everyone's a tiny percentage of sub Saharan African. Cradle of mankind and all that stuff.

MLD51 03-17-2016 11:04 AM

Just regular bread, Kris. But I really ought to make some soda bread today!

MLD51 03-17-2016 11:06 AM

I had a cat declawed once. I'll never do that again. I feel terrible that I even did it. Poor little guy was so obviously in pain for quite a while. And he pretty much hated me for the rest of his life. So I'll put up with the scratching.

saoutchik 03-17-2016 11:07 AM

Welcome to Weekenders MichaelAt177 and Kris47

Welcome back Casey. Hi Ardy

Glad you are doing well Melina - are you still not smoking?

It has been a really nice day in London, sunny all day and the "hottest" day of the year

Kris47 03-17-2016 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by MLD51 (Post 5855977)
Just regular bread, Kris. But I really ought to make some soda bread today!

Any is GOOD!

Kris47 03-17-2016 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 5855987)
Welcome to Weekenders MichaelAt177 and Kris47

Welcome back Casey. Hi Ardy

Glad you are doing well Melina - are you still not smoking?

It has been a really nice day in London, sunny all day and the "hottest" day of the year

Thanks for the Welcome Saotchik!

Enjoy the day.

brynn 03-17-2016 11:13 AM

Hi kris!

Well...I made it out of a Target for under $100! I'm getting so disciplined yay!

I feel old today. Like tired and cranky kind of old. Everything seems like such an effort blah! I'm not ready to become an old person yet! Although I do envy them for being able to wear whatever they want and say whatever they think. Lucky!

Kris47 03-17-2016 11:45 AM

Would that be me? lol. Getting there, too.

Nice to see you Brynn. :)

saoutchik 03-17-2016 11:57 AM

Some evidence of St P's Day mayhem on the way home.

Just seen a party of Cheltenham Festival goers (a horseracing event) refused entry and it is not even 7pm

On the upside I have seen a couple of sexy Leprechauns

Upward2Enlightenment 03-17-2016 12:00 PM

No pics sao?

Kris47 03-17-2016 12:06 PM

I used to work, ( many years ago) at a Irish Dinner Sing-a-long owned by a polock in Leprechaun dress and size 14 shoes on St Paddys day. The median on the highway was already parked full by 7 am. They had the best of Irish cops at the ready to take the patrons home. Would never live through that again.

brynn 03-17-2016 12:06 PM

For anyone with older parents.....I'm finding it hard to balance doing too much for my dad and respecting his independence. I've become increasingly aware of just how much he can't do for himself anymore. Kind of shocking really. And really it's little things that could become huge problems in the long run...like finding dirty dishes in the cupboards. He thinks they're clean but can't see the crud on them...or maybe he's in too big a hurry to clean properly anymore or just doesn't have the stamina to clean properly...either way it's gross.

I know that's just a small example but it worries me and I don't know how to approach it without hurting his feelings. I just recleaned all his dishes and scrubbed the sink and counters with bleach. I'm on my lunch break and need to get back to work but I could easily spend all day here cleaning. I knew this would come eventually just didn't know it would be so soon! Ideas????